Tick, The (Animated)

The Tick vs. Chairface Chippendale

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Sep 17, 1994 on FOX

• Fly me to the moon, I'll write my name there / Fly me to the moon, my head's a big chair...

Ambition can be a good thing. Unless, that is, your ambition is to deface the Earth's only natural satellite.

Unrepentant felon Chairface Chippendale assembles a gala of The City's top lawbreakers, the better to witness him literally making his mark: he will have Professor Chromedome blast his name into the moon. This will supposedly intimidate weakling citizens into submitting to his further evil demands. Also, it's vandalism. That's a fine and community service, at least.

As usual, our big blue buddy the Tick will have none of it. As not usual, his good-natured eagerness does not look very likely to bring about success. After bumbling their attempt at spying on the crooks' gathering, the Tick and Arthur must scramble to stop the lunar graffiti plot.

Can they get there in time, or will they have a lot of explaining to do once NASA finds out? A very funny and cheerful episode where we get to see a lot of the bad guys, and where the plot resolution is not as easy as you might think. Evil has some strange people up its sleeve-- and it's a good thing that justice does, too.