Tick, The (Animated)

The Tick vs. El Seed

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Oct 15, 1994 on FOX

• There's a new menace threatening the City. Spanish sunflower, El Seed is determined to wipe out all of humanity and replace it with fruits and veggies. And only the TICK and the CIVIC-MINDED FIVE have a legume's chance of stopping him!

I always got a kick out of El Seed. I mean…he’s a friggin’ SUNFLOWER! What’s not to love? But El Seed almost takes a backseat to the strangest gang of heroes around, namely – the Civic Minded Five! Now, the Tick is known to hang out with some pretty fruity heroes, but these guys take the cake. One of their members, Carpet Man (or something like that) prides himself on his ability to generate static electricity wherever he walks.

The Tick also goes through some amusing permutations, when he gets infected by El Seed’s weaponry and begins sprouting vegetables out of his costume. This of course, leads in to some fairly inane monologues, as the Tick begins comparing his own trials to that of a piece of Broccoli. Ahhh…good times.