The Tick

The License

Aired Thursday 8:30 PM Dec 06, 2001 on FOX

• The Tick gets duped by a con-artist, and I really didn't feel sorry for him.

I thought this episode started well. The idea that all the superheros needed a license in order to fight crime was a good one. It led to a pretty funny scene where the Tick was asked personal info questions that he couldn't answer to anyone's satisfaction.

Then the story got weird. The Tick believed a woman that claimed to be his wife, which is understandable for a generally incompetent superhero. It didn't make for an interesting story though and the outcome was pretty obvious.

I thought there was so much more they could have done with the license part of the episode, leaving the con-artist storyline for its own episode, or better yet, ditching the idea altogether.
  • good stuff as usuall

well, another fun, entertaining episode of the tick. the tick tries to get a crime fighting licence- but realises he can not cause he dosnt know who he his. they put out a missing persons on him and sum wako says that hes her husband when he obviously is not. its up to the others to save him. and yep, as i said before this episode is funny, entertaining, mad- just like all the other episodes of the tick. we also see how weird the tick actually is as he believes that is the womans husband and cannot even remember who he is.