The Time Tunnel Forums

ABC (ended 1967)

silly, I know, but...

infomike

[1]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    I would have liked to had the 5 second prelude, with music, announcing "The Time Tunnel IN COLOR" included at the beginning of every episode on the DVDs, as in the originally televised series. Since I had made audio tapes of every episode, I'm used to every episode starting that way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

plupi

[2]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 3
    Silly yes, but I understand. When you remember back, you want it just the same and to feel the same way. After all I do not know how old you are, but when you get older, it always seems like it was better back then. Oh no, now I sound like my father.

I would like some of the old commercials that were shown at the time. Now who sounds silly?

infomike

[3]Jul 26, 2006
    plupi wrote:
    Silly yes, but I understand. When you remember back, you want it just the same and to feel the same way. After all I do not know how old you are, but when you get older, it always seems like it was better back then. Oh no, now I sound like my father.

I would like some of the old commercials that were shown at the time. Now who sounds silly?

Hey! I thought the same thing. Seeing the original vintage commercials would really be interesting. I was 13 years old when the original series aired. I actually made some tape recordings of several episodes, then. Of course, I did stop the machine when the commercials came on.

plupi

[4]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 3
    I too was 13. I have been waitning for years for the release. 

infomike

[5]Jul 28, 2006
    plupi wrote:
    I too was 13. I have been waitning for years for the release. 

and interestingly the release of the DVDs this year corresponds to the 40th anniversary of the show's debut. That's a long time to wait. I actually thought enough about aquiring episodes that I wrote to 20th Century asking about purchasing copies of the tapes. Who was I kidding? I was just a teenager who could not afford it even if they were for sale.(They responded saying that they were not available) I couldn't even conceive back then that I would actually own copies of all 30 episodes.