The Time Tunnel

ABC (ended 1967)

Gislef

The Time Tunnel Fan Reviews (11)

7.9
  • Perhaps Irwin Allen's best effort.

There was and still is a special place in my heart for this series. Like most of Irwin Allen's productions, the later episodes degenerated into sheer sillyness, but the first season of the Time Tunnel was great! The Titanic episode was a classic, and the Krakatoa episode still sticks out in my memory all these years later. The one episode that had the biggest impact on me as a kid was the Pearl Harbor episode where Tony goes through the agony of losing his father for a second time during the attack. The Time Tunnel didn't run as long as Allen's more popular series, but when the writers started running out of ideas and brought in the aliens in the hokey rubber monster costumes (something Irwin Allen always seemed to resort to in the later episodes of all of his series) it was perhaps all for the best that the series was canceled. But the Time Tunnel started out great...a history lesson in every episode.