The Time Tunnel

The Day the Sky Fell In

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 30, 1966 on ABC

• Kinda Sweet

Tony and Doug arrive in Pearl Harbor and Tony has a chance to see his father again before he dies. Its sweet and adds some background and character to the Tony character. Other than that it is a pretty boring episode that has every Japanese person in it playing an evil war spy
  • Tony and Doug find themselves on Oahu, Hawaii on the eve of the attack on Pearl Harbor. For Tony, it is suddenly very personal, because as a little boy, he lived close by, and his father, a Navy LTCMDR, was missing, presumed dead, body never found.

I loved it......masterfully done. Would that all the rest of the episodes had stuck to straight historical events instead of delving into aliens invading and such. The ending, where Tony finally finds his dying father, was especially heart-wrenching. He could finally reveal who he truly was, but his heart was broken by the fact that he could not save his father from the death he was fated to suffer. It brought tears to my eyes, and also my wife who had never seen it before.