The Time Tunnel

Visitors From Beyond the Stars

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 13, 1967 on ABC

6.1
  • Doug and Tony materialize on the floor of an Alien spaceship. While the Tunnel works to learn where they are, the two are taken in charge by Aliens. The Travellers learn the Aliens propose a raid on earth that will devastate it of all its foodstuffs.

5.5
    I think Time Tunnel should have stuck to historical events rather than go off onto Aliens and things like this. In this particular episode, we learn that Tony and Doug are captured by Aliens who are interested in taking over an Arizona town for food & protein. Nice touch with the cowardly bartender who betrayed his friends so he would not get hurt. Gave some meat to the plot. I would have liked to have seen more involvement with the Apaches who were incidental to the story. Doug getting mind control has been done before. The additional plot of this same Alien race coming to the 1966 Time Tunnel project TicTock and demanding proof of what happened to their ship of 100 years before was silly as the leader kept whining about wanting proof while making a lightning storm in the middle of the room while Lee Meriwether freaked out, uncharacteristically. That whole part could have been cut out and would have tightened the story.