Today Show Forums

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBCIn Season

***POLL*** How do you feel about getting a fourth hour of Today?

How do you feel about NBC adding a fourth hour of Today at 11 EST?

dude6363

[1]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 60

I voted no opinion becuase i'm usually out the door by eleven anyway, although i wouldn't mind watching it if I could or if time allows.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Angus_Mac

[2]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 71
    I don't think I've ever watched Today for the full three hours. I'm usually out by the end of the first hour.

Flipitop14

[3]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    No Opinion, I rarely or never will be able to watch it anyway. sorry

maureen_johnson

[4]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 16
    I barely stick around for all three hours, so I think adding a fourth hour is rather unnecessary.

iskabibble07

[5]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 13

On days when Meredith is not there, I can watch for an hour. The first half hour is somewhat interesting because the segments are about current stories and Matt is a capable interviewer. Once the show drifts into recipies and bra discussions, I am about done.

On days when Meredith is there, I try to get through a half hour just to get caught up with what is going on. The show still gets the best guests faster than any other show. But I can usually only take her for about 15 minutes and then its time to go to work early. So thanks Meredith for being distasteful enough to drive me to work and improve my productivity.

dude6363

[6]Sep 16, 2007
    Haha that's funny "recipes and bra disscussion" that's too true. I wonder if the fourth hour, unless it's already premired, will be more human intrest pieces, as i'll refer to them, or real news. Since it's 10-11 i'm guessing were going to get more human interest pieces.

dayspassions91

[7]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    I hope NBC goes down for this.

dude6363

[8]Oct 11, 2007

Wow, as I can see your a pretty strong NBC soaps fan, as I can tell from your comment/username. I actually watched Passions very rarely, I thought it was silly. I do watch Days alot, that's probulay my third-favorite current daytime soap. No, NBC won't "go down" for this, as Passions was the black sheep of soaps. But I don't think this will help NBC, as it's getting some prettyharsh critricsm since it's programming has gone pretty down-hill. It used to dominated the schedules with shows like "Friends", "Just Shoot Me", "Will & Grace" but recently it's having diffuculty finding a really supportive fanbase like it used to have. "The Office" is garnering some buzz but it's not enough. NBC's primetime frontrunners like "Chuck" and "Journeyman" are not holding up to expectations. As I said earlier, this won't "bring NBC down" but it certaintly can't help.

dayspassions91 wrote:
    I hope NBC goes down for this.

spring57

[9]May 3, 2008
    • level: 2

I don't like how The Today Show's 11:00AM version switched to Kathie Lee Gifford & Hoda Kotb. The reason why I don't like how they changed the cast on that version is becaue since they changed the cast the 11:00AM version is more like a talk show version of The Today Show. I liked the 11:00AM version better when Ann Curry, Natalie Morales, and Hoda Kotb hosted The Today Show because then the 11:00AM version was a news broadcast instead of a talk show broadcast.

Opening of TODAY:

Monday-Friday:

7:00AM-9:00AM

FROM NBC NEWS THIS IS TODAY WITH MATT LAUER & MEREDITH VIEIRA LIVE FROM STUDIO 1A IN ROCKEFELLER PLAZA.

11:00AM-NOON: (Old 11:00AM Opening)
    FROM NBC NEWS THIS IS TODAY WITH ANN CURRY, NATALIE MORALES, AND HODA KOTB LIVE FROM STUDIO 1A IN ROCKEFELLER PLAZA.

11:00AM-NOON: (New Opening)

FROM NBC NEWS THIS IS TODAY WITH KATHIE LEE GIFFORD & HODA KOTB LIVE FROM STUDIO 1A IN ROCKEFELLER PLAZA.

Saturdays:
    FROM NBC NEWS THIS IS TODAY WITH LESTER HOLT & AMY ROBACH LIVE FROM STUDIO 1A IN ROCKEFELLLER PLAZA.

Sundays:

FROM NBC NEWS THIS IS TODAY WITH LESTER HOLT & JENNA WOLFE LIVE FROM STUDIO 1A IN ROCKEFELLER PLAZA.

DanielJohnson15

[10]Jun 27, 2013
    • level: 2

NOT