Today Show

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBC Premiered Jan 14, 1952 In Season

Angus_Mac

Today Show Fan Reviews (919)

4.7
  • The Hoda Show???

I used to think the Today show was interesting to watch. It seemed to have a good blend of personality and well reported news. Since the COVID pandemic the Today show has obviously had to make format changes. I've appreciated how adaptable the whole NBC staff has been. However, for myself I could use a lot less of Hoda.. OMG, out of all of the Today Show cast members that could have come into studio, WHY HODA???? 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours with Hofa followed by a 4th hour of ridiculousness with the overly non-professional and untalented Jena Bush. How much is enough? I hope the producers of this show can recognize that over exposure of one specific cast member may have a negative effect on some viewers. If you're listening, please limit Hoda to the 10AM slot with Jena so I know exactly when to shut your show off, it would be super helpful for me... thanks
  • No Longer My Go-To Morning News Channel

After being a loyal fan for decades, I simply can't stomach the current Today Show cast. Jenna? Really? I don't mind Hoda, but Jenna is unprofessional and just silly. They're a bad fit. Savannah Guthrie is annoying and biased. And while I was once a huge fan of Al Roker, the "full of myself" personna of the rest of the cast has rubbed off on him as well. Good-bye NBC and hello CBS...
  • Hope and Change

The Today Show was once a source of great news and honored its listeners with information worthy of Walter Cronkite. Today, however, it is filled with the biased, almost angry reporting, from Savannah Guthrie. Her mannerisms and facial features depict that of someone so angry and judge-mental it is hard to observe. She has forgotten how to provide a source of educational and informative news to the shows followers. During this time of pandemic crisis please consider replacing her with someone who can be unbiased but worthy of reflecting current news in an uplifting an non-judge-mental way.
  • Saying bye bye

2.5
    I have been a loyal viewer of the Today Show for more than 30 years. Day after day I start my morning watching the Today Show and I now become angry and agitated. Are you guys not listening to viewers? Hoda is just ridiculous and annoying. Savannah is so blatantly unbiased that I find it intolerable to watch the news coverage. What happened to the days of simply news reporting? How I miss Ann Curry. Savannah's disgust with the current President is palpable. Again, I watch the news to receive news without commentary. Savannah is also rude and quite frankly appears to be an arrogant asshole. I have started watching CBS and although it's a departure from my normal morning routine, at least I leave for work minus my frustration and anger toward NBC for allowing this to happy to the Today Show. Shame on you guys.
  • Today Show

I too have been very disappointed with the today show in recent years. The swift dismissal of Megyn kelly, and the reprehensible firing of Ann Curry left me with a bad taste. The entire format of the show has changed, and I am tired of having to listen to Hoda's silly giggle after EVERY comment of her interviewee or co-anchor. It has also rubbed off on Al Roker and Chanelle Jones. I think that Craig and Savannah are doing a good job, but we need to see more of them. I enjoy Gayle King on CBS This Morning alot more. I feel that she takes her job more seriously, and still is able to introduce humor if and when it is appropriate. For this reason, I am in-between shows, but time will tell if things don't change at the Today show.
  • Today Show has sunk to new levels

3.5
    Have watched the Today Show for 40plus years but have stopped. The show use to have true non biased news journalists but with the current line up it is a joke. Specifically cannot stand Savannah Guthrie, rude condescending when interviewing non celebrities, she cannot hold back her disgust for the current president and his administration. How is that unbiased reporting. However when interviewing celebrities she becomes all school girl giggling and fawning over them. So disgusting to watch. The rest of the group is just fluff nothing of substance added. Most days they spend talking about their kids. Kids are great but I don't think that makes a news show. I'm sure that nothing is going to change at the Today Show but just wanted to put my two cents in as I move to Good Morning America.
  • Torturing Hoda

Hoda is Miss Sophistication to Jenna's gaudy loud-mouthed lime-light stealing puerile personality. The mean-spiritedness of the Today show to hire Jenna as Hoda's co-host is beyond comprehension - unless of course the Today Show was 'strong-armed' into hiring Jenna (after all the Bush family is influential) - it's the only thing that makes sense. And if Jenna is the BEST the Today could do - then Wow has daytime television 'regressed' to poo-poo levels . I love Hoda this woman is a "Class Act" with diplomacy & talent - and Jenna well - she's gaudy loud-mouthed lime-light stealing puerile a desperate attention-seeker. I feel for Hoda! But goodbye to this show (I used to be a fan) I gave it my best shot - but had enough of Jenna's cringey "look-at-me" personality. Now onto Kelly & Ryan as my go-to morning talk show....
  • Fire Savanna and Jenna

Cant stand Jenna; she makes Hoda look like an airhead. Love the third hour and everyone it, What a great show. how come Savana isn't fired after calling Joe Biden sleazy. I'm sure h will l remember that. What is she doing on tonight's election with real superstar journalists. All she is a fake smile that she's taught her buddy, Jenna to mimic. they both should be replaced. you fired Megan K
  • Love needs a new cohost.

I absolutely LOVE Hoda, would tune in to her 7 days a week! But she doesn't have the chemistry with JB as she did with Kathy Lee. And please don't get me wrong, I am not a huge Kathy Lee I am a Hoda fan and she and Jenna, just don't have it. Jenna is too mouthy, she talks over Hoda all the time - it drives me nut. Please start interviewing other cohosts.
  • Jenna and Hoda

The new format is ridiculous. It is juvenile and boring. This is supposed to be a news/talk show. Are they trying to copy Ellen's format? Ellen is a comedian and her games r funny, these r just stupid. New format is a looser!
  • Annoying

I don't watch the show much but I will say when I do Al & Craig are annoying. They cut others off when talking and they can't even get a sentence out. It makes you not want to listen because it takes so long for her to get out one story because she has to keep starting over.
  • Vocal, Grammar and Etiquette Coach Needed for Jenna Bush Hager

Jenna may be a nice person and good mother,but co-hosting a daily TV show is not the job for her. She has no journalistic training and has absolutely no life experience other than being a mother and the daughter of a president. Her voice is too loud, shrill and high pitched; it is so not conducive to live TV. And, she could fix that but doesn't. She "drops" letters in the middle of words and her grammar is atrocious. If she says "me and my sister" one more time I will scream! Today she again referred to women as "you guys" and repeatedly says "you all". Slang does not belong in journalism. jenna LOVES to hear herself talk and hardly ever adds value. She constantly interrupts and talks over people. In the cooking segment, I would like to hear from the cooks themselves. I am an ardent Today fan, and give Hoda and the other guest hosts credit for trying so hard to overcome Jenna's shortcomings during the fourth hour. The Today execs should rethink the decision to put her in this role. I meet at least 20 people each day who could do a better job than Jenna. Either hire a coach to fix her or give her a golden parachute.

• Today Show

I use to love the Today show. But the cast they have now has no chemistry. They need to put Al back to doing weather and weather stories only.

Need different men on the show.
  • Need to change

4.5
    Since Jenna came in I don't watch her part unless she's not on. She's too loud trying to talk louder than the other person. You have co host so much better. Maria and Carson do a much better job. Since I've retired I watch all 3 hrs. If Jenna isn't can't hear what's being said if everyone is talking at same time. Tnx
  • Natalie Morales

I have thought for quite a while that Natalie Morales gets a little too loud, perhaps in trying to be enthusiastic. I saw it again when she co-hosted with Jay Leno. She is just gorgeous and I like her, she is just a little much. just hope the fourth hour doesn't become all about babies and I think it will. Jenna may just not be old enough to have a different kind of show. Merideth Viera or even Maria Shriver might have been a better match.
  • Review of the Hoda & Jenna Show

I hate to say it but this show is horrible now that Jenna is on it. This woman is terrible. She is overbearing and a loud mouth. I thought Kathie Lee was bad, but then this chick comes along and she is threes times worse. She speaks over people while they are trying to talk (how rude). She tries to run the show all by herself and all she wants to talk about is her family. We don't care about her or her family. Shut up Jenna. Today Show this girl has got to GO. Get a replacement and soon! You have lost a viewer because of her.
  • co-hosts

I feel Hoda and Jenna program works best with certain co-hosts as they are either more experienced and have a much needed natural sense of humor - alphabetically, Carson Daley, Al Roker, Maria Shriver, and Meredith Vieira. Heather McMahan co-hosted today, I had never seen her, but she was awesome, bring her back!

It seems Hoda can better bring out conversation and humor with most people while Jenna struggles. This said, it seems the above listed co-hosts are the ones who bring out the best in Jenna.

Natalie Morales and Savannah Guthrie are poor matches with Jenna. Jenna and Savannah are friends, however there seems to be some issue with Jenna over how their friendship began as "work friends" as it has been mentioned numerous times; they look uncomfortable and fake. I rarely stay tuned when Natalie Morales is on with Jenna as Natalie seems to feel so out-of-place and wishing she weren't there, and the duo seems to have trouble "clicking," communicating in general. Savanna and Natalie are better on their regular programs, but not as a co-host with Jenna.
  • The Today show Needs Help from 8am on!

Please I have always loved the Today show but for a while now it is hard to watch after 8am. The people you have on have lost all professionalism and have turned very silly. I thought these were informative news shows and screaming over each other and sounding arrogant, and the attitude of well here I am, is certainly not what myself and many others want. You need to sit down with them and have a good talk and maybe they need to go back to school to learn how to act on TV. I am speaking about Sheinelle, Savannah, Craig, and Jenna. I like them as people I have nothing against them but they are not working on the show in their parts and things need to be rethought, I think at least 3 should stay home for a while, may be the best place for them. I know so many people that have stopped watch the shows after 8am. This is so unfortunate, I guess we will have to see if anyone pays attention to this post. Thank you for your time and hopefully change.
  • Babysitter needed

Jenna seems like a nice girl but is totally unprofessional! The daughter in the set today illustrated the need for someone more experienced in her place! They need to replace her when she's on maternity leave it the show is going to lose their loyal viewers! I was never a great fan of Kathie Lee but at least she was professional!
  • where the @#&$! is Hoda???

1.5
    3&4 hour of Today is a waste of space. Between Craig's pompous behavior - false sincerity, "memememe" attitude and Jenna's constant dialog on babies and take it any longer!!! JENNA yelling and allowing that child on the show is NOT cute. Get a sitter!!! I give up.
  • Reformat, Please!

The Today Show in the morning needs to be NEWS, NEWS, NEWS! Adding Craig to Savanah and Hoda with Al in the mornings is perfect so long as it stays professional. The quick segments with Carson are great.

So glad that Kelly is gone from the third hour and absolutely do love the third hour and the four co-hosts - don't change it. The chemistry with Al, Craig, Dylan and Sheinelle really works!

The fourth hour is terrible! It was already slipping with Kathy & Hoda because it was getting too syrupy. Now it is just silly with Jenna and the many co-hosts! I watched because of Hoda, not Kathy. To have Hoda go from a serious, professional format to the silly fourth hour does not do justice to her.
  • Unwatchable

I've struggled to keep watching this show as it used to be my favorite morning show. Today's segment about granny panties bordered the line of a SNL poorly made sketch. Jenna is obviously too emotional and hormonal to be on TV. I cannot understand why Savannah would even entertain reading this script! The 9 o'clock third hour is already unwatchable, I am giving up!

• unbearable

Jenna Hagar comes across as a lovely human being BUT NOT a talk show host! Please, it's painful to watch and Savannah is diluting her talents when she is subbing for Hoda and partaking in this insipid chit chat. We all get that they are BFFs but they act like they are in 7th grade. SOME people can do morning talk, MOST cannot. It's silly and awkward and super uncomfortable. Channel is being changed.
  • my oh my

well what do we here, if it isn't the we hate tamron hall klan,i see you trolls are still freaking complaining well you surely can't blame, tamron hall for it, the show was fucked up before she even came. so since y'all still can not seem to stop complaining about the nbc shit, why don't you get off of your flat asses and go do the show yourself! better yet just don't watch it. i'm sick of you big mouths people trying to ruin people's life because y'all so miserable in your own life. now let that sink in, and for those of you who are so concern with grammar as long as i graduated and made it out of college the hell with grammar, i still got a job and y'all heard how this Tamron woman getting her own a husband and baby now. Now who said the dead can't of y'all still got the Tamron sick tick,but do watch her show and her Twitter too.
  • Go away Craig Melvin

I have watched Today show as long as I can remember. I remember watching it in the 70's. I have almost completely stopped watching it because Craig Melvin's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Just too awful for the morning. He also turns even the happiest of segments into political race baiting. No one else on this show does that. Its a happy morning show, but put the OJays on with their new album and Craig says - this sounds political, is this a political message . please! Can't people write, sing and talk about happiness and hope without you twisting their words? As soon as Today show reassigns this guy to something else I will start watching again. Love Al, Carson, Jenna, Shenelle, Hoda, Dylan and even Savannah - BUT CRAIG MELVIN NEEDS TO GO!!!
  • Longer Segments

With regard to the fourth hour of Today I don't understand why so little time is allocated to the various segments, particularly the cooking and decorating segments. I would rather you just skip them than make the presenters either talk so fast that it's hard to grasp what they're saying or get cut off before they have finished. It's very annoying and doesn't make for an enjoyable watching experience. Please, fewer segments with more time devoted to each. We don't need to see fashion, food and decorating every single day!
  • Tuning out

Although Jenna is sweet and personable she doesn't have the entertainment talent to carry this. You need a power hitter that knows what an audience wants. Truthfully it's painful to watcher her try so hard. This genre just isn't hers. She's trying to be cute by making off the cuff remarks about her co-host remembering things. It's painful watching her awkwardness. I tune out when she comes on.
  • Kathie Lee come back!

Well I don't think Jenna is a good choice for this show. Put her on a family show she's not a good fit for this show. I have switched to Live with Kelly and Ryan.
  • Enough Mommy news!!

1.5
    What has happened to the Today show? ITs all about Mommy and babies now!! Not a big fan of all this for a news show. Jenna is a no go for me. Too flaky and unprofessional. I just find it hard to sit through and I once really enjoyed it.
  • Not a good pick

I was so hoping they wouldn't pick Jenna to replace Kathy Lee. It just doesn't make sense. Why? She's hard to watch. No experience, unprofessional. I've tried, to watch, probably won't tune in anymore. Tired of watching the silliness with no substance and hearing about their personal life.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10