Today Show

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBC Premiered Jan 14, 1952 In Season

Angus_Mac

Today Show Fan Reviews (231)

5.7
  • today show

Tamron Hall is dreadful. I just watched the Easter egg hunt and all you could hear the entire hunt was Tamron Hall yelling. She talks over everyone, she has distracting facial contortions and she just has to chime in on everything. Whomever thought it was a good idea to have so many people at the anchor desk yelling and talking over each other should be fired. I watched the Today show my entire life but changed to GMA for the first 2 hours when Ann Curry was promoted. I tried the third hour because in my city, Kelly and Regis are not on against the 3rd hour and love Willie Geist but now with Tamron, will switch to CNN. I just can't stand it.
  • Difficult to watch Tamron Hall on the Today Show

I don't understand why Tamron Hall is a regular on the Today Show. She is difficult to watch. Not sure if it's the constant look of wide-eyed disbelief she always has on her face and/or the know-it-all attitude which is contrary to the dumb look on her face that turns me off. Whichever it is I'm going to start watching one of the other morning shows until she is no longer a regular co-host.

I've not seen her in her other roles but hopefully it's a better fit than this one.
  • How Rude!

When did become okay to interrupt someone who is talking? It happens CONSTANTLY on the Today Show. Natalie Morales, Hoda Kotb, and Kathy Lee Gifford are the worse! The fact that they are usually voicing their opinions when they interrupt makes it even more annoying. I watch (ed) the Today Show to catch up on news that happened overnight. At times, I could not even understand what the reporter was saying because of the cackling going on. Let me form my own opinion of a story and please stop interrupting each other and talking over each other!!!

• Today's Weather

2.5
    I live in the Upper Peninsula of MICHIGAN. We are going to have a major spring snowstorm today. The only weather related news says the storm will hit northern Minnesota and norther Wisconsin. We are going to have a far worse storm, more snow, etc. There was a time when the UP of Michigan was actually left off the weather map as if we didn't exist. Come on man...... AT least in your dialogue mention the Upper Peninsula. There are so many people in this country who think we are part of Wisconsin. Just saying.....
  • Get rid of her

Ditto what the others have said. Tamron hall is ruining the show. I am turning it off. I do not watch the Today Show to listening to a bunch of people laughing and giving their stupid opinions about NOTHING. Willie Geist--FANTASTIC. The others, fine. Tamron-GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Who's running the show?

I give up - no one on the show is reading these reviews. Good bye Today Show Hello CNN.

Does anybody working on the show, watch the show? It's like a bunch of 5th graders sitting around when there's 5 of them at the table. They are all laughing and talking at the same time (which is rude) and I can't understand what anyone is saying. It's really not that funny. I've been watching for over 30 years and I'm ready to call it quits. Please stop all the yelling and as for Tamron Hall? Sigh

• Tamron Hall

Adding Tamron Hall to the today shows second part was a big mistake. She is so loud and her jokes are never funny. I find her laugh so annoying and she definitely takes up too much time talking about nothing. Willie, Natalie and Al were doing just fine. Now i find myself changing the channel so I don't have to listen to her annoying voice. I'm sure there were better does she ever take a day have stopped watching the third hour because she is so annoying and really not a news just talks loud, laughs at her own jokes that are so ridiculous and is irritating. Now i have turned on the show at 7am and there she is. So now i watch another channel and actually enjoy listening to the news of the day. Do any of the producers actually watch the show?
  • Painful to Watch Kathy Lee

Kathy Lee looks critically and intolerant on this show. Even the dismissive glances she throws at guests and stories are obvious to the viewer. Her comments seem forced and nasty and she reminds of a mean junior high girl trying to gain popularity. Normally, I would;t even comment on a women's appearance but jeez, her entire neck was pulled back so far, it just looks abnormal. It's painful to watch her.
  • Al Roker

Am I the only one that hates to watch Al Roker? His "jokes" and his wobbling back and forth are killing me! Sometimes I will watch something else because he is sooo annoying! He reminds me of Mr. Potato Head!
  • Tamron Hall isn't working out

She is a bright, beautiful women, but her theatrics overshadow the rest of the very talented crew If Tamron stays, she should work on putting her hands in her lap, reducing the eye dramatics, taking a step back and working with the others as a team. She seems to need to dominate every conversation. It's irritating to see Al, Natalie and Willie overshadowed by a lesser talent.
  • DITTO!!!

I agree totally with Jillee1166. I cannot watch/listen to tamron hall!!! I am switching to GMA because of her. I cannot believe they made her a regular!!!
  • Cancel tamron hall contract

My entire adult life I have enjoyed and started my mornings with the today show. Yes the hosts changed many times but everything was adaptable. Even some "not so nice departures". The mind boggling addition of tamron hall is horrifying. Is the review below (Mia0517) her? Her ignorant behavior is shameful and she gets a paycheck for this? My 12 year old could present herself better on a news show. She is classless. Uncomfortable! She makes me uncomfortable. She obviously makes the other hosts uncomfortable. She looks uncomfortable and wacked out with that crazy forced smile looking at the camera... looking at who's speaking... back at the camera... back at who's speaking. Like a hyped up nut job waiting to pounce into the conversation and cackle like she is on something. My mornings begin differently now. Better than subjecting the start of a new day to a loud stressful mess.
  • lostviewer

Why do you let Tamron Hall laugh so loud you can't hear what the others are saying. Could she tame her loudness down so others could be heard??
  • Who is responsible for this mess

Who at the Today Show thought that 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 people talking at one time was entertaining? One or two paired up would be fine, but a full panel of people yapping at once is annoying. And trying to talk outside with people screeching all around is just as bad.

I must ask, Is Al Roker blackmailing someone so he can play a bigger role on the Today Show? His incessant middle-school humor is grating and who could possible care about his opinions? Can no one make him shut-up?

Excluding Roker and Hall the large cast of people on the show are all very talented and enjoyable to watch, but no one shines in the large group/free-for-all format.

Finally, I liked Ann Curry but she was a perfect example of the Peter Principle at work. Good at what she did (reading the news) but not good at the position of host to which she was promoted. The show has been in decline ever since.

• The Signal and The Noise

My husband and I have been watching the Today Show every morning since 1981. Until I saw this rating board I thought we were the only ones that thought the show had gotten annoying. What happened? The Orange Room? Do they really think people that are interested in what is trending are going to watch it on TV - come on! Either you are the trend, or you have nothing to say. Watch Jimmy Fallon - that is how you handle social media.

And the noise! And, how many people need to sit at that table? I can't even tell what they are talking about anymore. Is there any news here? What did they do to Al Roker - pay him by the joke? He looks like he is laughing outside and crying inside. Natalie is cool, but we can't even hear her over the roar. Savannah seems alright, and Matt is okay. Tamron is cute, but a little frantic. It's the combination of all of them, seated at that table, with the crowd screaming outside and orange, orange everywhere that is a problem. LOVE WILLIE - but it must be quite a transition from Morning Joe to walk into that circus every morning.

To sum it up - they are not giving me the news, they are not entertaining me, the transition from show to commercial and back with screaming crowds and banners is alarming, and now I feel sorry for their guests. When they do get someone interesting, they cut them off so that they have time to go back the Ship of Fools table to discuss something between themselves that no one cares about.

Have started to wean my husband over to CBS by changing the channel when he out getting his coffee.
  • Tamron Hall

Tamron Hall is a perfect addition to the today show. She fits in perfectly with Al and Willy. It's Natalie that is a bore. Every time that Natalie is gone, the three have a great time. It's when she is there that it's totally awkward. I guess it is time for you ladies to find another show. The Today show is changing, along with the rest of the world. Adapt.... Turn the channel. Millions of Americans will still be watching and enjoy the beautiful and intelligent Tamron Hall! ;-) I'm really wondering if Natalie and her family wrote most of these reviews. Ha!
  • Tamara Hall

This is the first time I have ever written a review. I agree with what most people are saying. I can't stand listening to her. I usually tape the show so thank goodness I can fast forward. Please listen to what people are saying and get rid of her.
  • Degeneration

The Today Show has really regressed since Ann Curry left. It is now mostly just silliness, giggling, and everyone trying to talk over the others. Have these people not been taught that it is rude to interrupt and to talk when someone else is talking? I have been a fan for a long time, but I find myself more and more changing the channel to CBS or ABC. Hoda and Kathy Lee really are ridiculous! Please bring back Ann Curry, Meredith Vierra, Katy Couric, and serious journalism.
  • Tamron and The Third Hour - I'm Out

I have watched The Today Show my entire life and am sad to say that I am turning the channel on the third hour. This is completely ridiculous and irritating. Al Roker is arrogant and thinks he is such a comedian but just comes across angry and opinionated. The addition of Tamron Hall is horrible. She cackles about everything even when not appropriate. She interrupts, talks over everyone and appears to flirt with Al like a school girl. This was evident even before she joined the 3rd hour. There is nothing of substance in the 3rd hour and quite frankly is just a bunch of noise. I think it is ridiculous that you have 3 or 4 people interviewing one person. I now will only watch the Today show when Matt is on. Otherwise GMA is my choice. Sad... Very sad......
  • Tamron Hall

I don't like to criticize anyone, but Tamron Hall is a big mistake. She is too loud, giggly, and talks over people. She is a distraction to the show and should move on. Her energy is so high, she must be on drugs, or appears that way. NBC, listen to your audience and replace her.
  • Tamron Hall

Natalie, Al, and Willie were doing just fine. Tamron Hall's behavior is ridiculous and disgusting. I feel that I will have to find a new morning show for the 3hr of The Today Show.
  • Tamara Hall

I am a long time Today show follower. But with the greater presence of Tamara Hall I am turning it off as I write. Her annoying chatter, interrupting others and her constant giggling is nauseating! Not sure how Willy can stand all that silliness with Tamara. It is clear that Natalie is not pleased with the giggly overbearing Tamara. C'mon NBC -- get back to your roots and what you did well for years. In the meantime you will find me watching GMA.

4.5
    This woman is so rude and gigglely that I am seriously thinking of finding another morning news show. She giggles at everything and is constantly interrupting guests. Get rid of her before you lose your audience!
  • Tamaron

I find her most annoying. I would turn the show on at 9 for Willie Natalie and Al. When you had Brook Sheilds on she monopolized the show and talked over Natalie, now Tamaron is not only talking over Natalie and Willie but she is stupid. Laughing at everything and making it chaos on the show. Lets just call this the Tamaron think that I can see annoyance on some of their faces. Tamaron is like nails on a chalkboard. Get rid of her please. I have it on now and her laughing and loud voice is making me turn the channel... OMG she says whatever she thinks. She just commented on a skank going the ignored her and she just makes noise.

• Giving up after all these years...

Well I finally stopped watching the Today Show after decades of following it. I have always loved the first 30 minutes of the format hitting the highlights. I even "TIVo"d it every morning for a long long time just to catch the first hour and then watch the lighter second half if there was a interesting story to me. But now even the hardcore news has become so "cutesy" and full of opinions and talking over each other that I just can't take it seriously. It used to be they would do that later in the show which was fine and I even watched it when I could. Plus Al and Matt have become so gossipy sounding and full of themselves. Their self important attitudes are just unbearable. I now see Savannah heading that way and I used to really like her. The show has become all about who can be the "funniest" and say witty things. Plus - I don't know - its just "ugh!!" I am now trying out ABC and CBS hopefully they are more mature.

1.5
    I wish that the Show would exclude this big month woman,she dresses as if she is going to party somewhere,i don't feel that she should this way,i do not like this big month person,eye lashes longer than her face,she talk to much interrupting folks,get rid of her!!!!!!!!1
  • Let's keep it real, folks.

Please, please!!!!!! No more Kardashian plugs!!!!!! They are worthless people who do nothing for society. Also, something else that does nothing for us; a stupid Pit Bull video at the Playboy Mansion. We do not need to focus on mindless drivel from people whom serve themselves. I have a 7 year old daughter who is already having to deal with self image issues from her peers. We, as adults, need to turn this around. Let us keep moving humanity forward and truly let go of such insane focus as sex and vain image.
  • Tamaron Hall

This woman is a big mouth. She interrupts and speaks over everyone. She appears to think that she is the only one with anything valid to say. She is completely obnoxious and needs to be told to SHUT UP.

Cancel her contract fast...........
    The producers continue to show how inept they are in their choice of hosts. Carson Daly is just plain awful. And who's idea was it to have him and Roker (hands-down the most responsible for the show's decline) and Hall clumsily having to walk to another set for their segments? Does this guy have some kind of clout over TV programs' choices? He already is the weakest link on "The Voice". And now the "Today Show". What is it with these guys like Daly, Ryan Seacrest, and Anderson Cooper who think they have to be on EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Tamaron

Wow I used to watch the Today show every morning. Adding Tamaron was the biggest mistake ever.

She talks loud and laughs loud about things that are not in any ones mind funny,, There is no chemistry

there with this group Please do something. Get rid of her. I cannot watch this show any more Changing to Good Morning America
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8