Today Show

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBC Premiered Jan 14, 1952 In Season

Angus_Mac

Today Show Fan Reviews (668)

• Why a new Sunday format?

1.5
    What was the reason for changing your format on Sunday mornings? I hate it. You should have stayed the way you were. You are just giving people more reasons to watch GMA that is for sure.
  • Savannah Guthrie is awful!!!

I am not one for writing reviews; however, I think Savannah Guthrie is a horrible host. I have watched the Today Show since I was a kid and have never thought of watching GMA; however, I cannot watch Savannah on the show. She acts like she is really tough and a hard interviewer, but she comes across as stiff and fake. Then I had to see her filling in on the Nightly News, I wanted to scream. I miss Katie. To be honest, there are a lot of others on the Today Show who could easily replace her. The chemistry between she and Matt is horrible. It is bringing him down too. Now that GMA has Michael Strahan becoming the co-host I will be watching it. I have always been a loyal Today fan, but I cannot do this any longer. (Very Sad Fan)
  • They are desperate and trying too hard to be goofy, hip, and happening. News just gets in the way.

1.5
    The Orange Room sums it up pretty well. "Celeb gossip, trending memes, fashion! Hey Millennials, stay relevant and stay cool by watching Carson Daly! We promise never to offend, and we won't get bogged down by

Everything rushes by in quick flurries. No one has an opinion on anything. They display their bond by laughing moronically at poopoo jokes and double entendres. They must get paid a hell of a lot, to sacrifice their integrity this way.
  • 4-25-2016 How unprofessional!

I jus happened to be watching today's show. Where they had a very welknown guy (can't recall his name at this moment) cooking chicken & waffles with eggs & gravy etc. And i don't know her name but the woman (with longer hair) kept complaining like a freakin immature child saying "I can't eat it, I can't eat it" so many times I even got irritated with her & had to write this review. This show is not about her!! That was just so unprofessional & to make things worst when she finally did take a bite (only after being pressured numerous times by her Co-host & the guy that cooked the food she bit it & you can tell that she was regretting it and went on to chew super slow with a look as if she's regretting every chew & wanting to spit it out! Who does that??!!

That was so unprofessional! I doubt it was bad but let's pretend it was. Has she never heard or been taught to fake it till you make it!? YOUR ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! AND YOU SET A BAD EXAMPLE FOR THAT GUY'S FOOD/RESTAURANT! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR BEING SO UNPROFESSIONAL & INCONSIDERATE! . The review posted was based only on this episode
  • Not a fan of this new Sunday Show---Big Mistake NBC!

Tired of this round table discussion format! Let's go back to the Sunday regulars!!!
  • Tamron Hall

What is all the hate about Tamron?? I don't get it. She is smart, beautiful, fun and can be very serious. There is a lot of competition up there and on morning television period. She has to fit in as well as be herself to be accepted. I think all the hate about her is not fair. People are jumping on the band wagon. Leave Tamron alone. I like her, I am proud of her and I think she is the only interesting person on the today show.
  • Sunday Today with Willie Geist

I tuned in this morning to watch the Today show only to be stuck with Sunday Today with Willie Geist. I prefer to watch Willie when he is with other Today co-host not as a solo host in this horrid "Meet the Press" format.

I'll be sleeping in next Sunday.
  • The Face that makes you cringe is

Savannah Guthrie's mug. Christ on a cracker, I can't stomach it. Tamrons cool. I don't understand all the shade being thrown at her. Savannah's grin is what needs to be stopped. Get it off my screen. The syrupy, goodie-two-shoes persona needs to exit stage left as well and with a quickness. She makes me queasy. The rest of the ladies are on point.
  • Tamron Hall... inappropriate, annoying

2.5
    Tamron is just inappropriate. trying to insinuate that Matt and Al were oogling over the picture of Chrissy Teigen's boobs. please Tamron, making your cohosts uncomfortable for your own cheap laughs.

AND, quit bringing all topics back to you! AND stop talking over and interrupting your cohosts.

AND every time you laugh it is as though it is the funniest thing you have ever heard. JUST STOP.

NBC????? is anyone there driving the ship???
  • Background

There is an annoying thumping that drums in the background on Today. It seems to be there in segments of particular interest to the ladies. Knock it off please.
  • Today Show is nonsense

It's not just Tamron Hall who cackles and babbles over everyone, they all do, so why are most reviews signaling out Tamron. There are many comments here complaining about the hosts always talking over each other and the mindless chatter.

By now they must have received the message on Facebook, Twitter etc.

But, apparently nobody who works at NBC watches or cares about the Today Show because the ditzy sounding hosts continue to babble,yack and cackle over each other because nobody has told them they sound like cackling hens?? Or the hosts just don't want to stop being the focus of the show because they of course love talking about themselves and giving their pointless opinions?? Are the producers burned out because they have 4 hours to fill??

7:00-TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP-7:30 .After 7:30, all they do on that stupid show is eat and drink wine and talk nonsense. And what's the deal with Kathy Lee promoting drinking booze and getting drunk every day. Does she own a chain of liquor stores?

If CBS-This Morning- could add Anderson Cooper and Ann Curry they would be the No.1 rated morning NEWS show.
  • Get rid of Lauer

Show is disgusting, how much are they paying Matt and dumdum Guthrie to do their Trump bashing show?

They need to get some real news casters !
  • Camera Hog

Please get rid of Tamron Hall. She is very self-centered and constantly hogs the camera. She is VERY annoying.
  • This show stinks!

4/1/16 -- Tamara needs to zip her lips. No one gets a chance to speak. What a glory freak.

And....... It's become a failed comedy hour. Sad, sad, sad. The phony belly laughing amidst stupid rhetoric is enough to make me puke my morning breakfast. They emulate Saturday Night Live cast members.

• Take Tamron out of Today!!!!!

i cannot watch the today show anymore. TAMRON HALL has no idea the show IS NOT all ABOUT talks over everyone, she is very poised and phony. not at all like Natalie or Savana. When she acts like she can relate to something such as being a mom, she is so fake. she tries to dominate the table. and comes out with some really off the wall remarks to get could not stand to hear one more remark about pink or swim bathing suits for al and that picture she had put up of willie in some weird looking bathing suit. willie did not look happy. he said its about raising money not the bathing suit.
  • Time to remove Tamron Hall

I used to watch the Today show all the time, but over the past year I find myself constantly flipping to GMA instead when Tamron is on the show. She consistently talks over people, interrupts people and wears a forced smile (smirk) so much of the time. She seems to speak just to be heard and sometimes makes no sense at all or talks about personal issues/events that no one is really interested in. There seems to be a displayed discomfort at times by fellow co-hosts on the show which makes it even more difficult to watch the show. PLEASE move her to some other show or remove her and maybe the ratings will go back up.
  • WOMEN PANEL ON TODAY SHOW WAY TOO GIDDY

i GAVE UP ON THIS SHOW ABOUT 3 OR 4 YEARS AGO AFTER WATCHING IT RELIGIOUSLY FOREVER.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PUBLIC WHEN YOU READ REVIEWS. MY HUSBAND AND I NOW WATCH PBS OR BBC FOR "REAL" NEWS WITH "ZERO" GIDDINESS TO CONTEND WITH. WE WATCH HBO OR BRET BHAIR FOR THE BEST NEWS. GOODBYE NBC FOREVER!!!!
  • savanah, you ignorant nbc slut.

moving to GMA for sure!
  • Media Biased & taking $$

Why don't you quit picking on Trump and look at ALL the Lies, Deceit, Murders, . etc. of Hitlary Clinton, and also the taking down of America by our Muslim president?????? This so called reporter had an agenda and she got what she has cried wolf several times before, media are bought to say whatever their rich owners pay them to say and do, without any feelings of we wonder why this country is going to hell in a handbasket.
  • This is not news

First 20 minutes today was replaying a video and interviewing Trump about a reporter getting jostled while a herd of people were leaving a Trump event. Terrible interview by Matt and Savanah and complete waste of time listening to this when serious news is happening in our country and around the world
  • Revamp morning program

It's time for NBC executives to revamp the morning program. It is preferable to have non-biased reporters. It is very clear that Matt and Savannah are unable to be non-biased. Their attitudes when interviewing politicians are highly offensive. I am not interested in their opinions.
  • Today Show or Trump Show?

I don't know exactly when the Today Show turned into a news-free infotainment crapfest, but the point at which I couldn't watch anymore was when it turned into the Trump Show. Is there another presidential candidate? Is there a democratic party? I wouldn't know if I just watched the Today Show. Every single day that loser is allowed to spew ignorant nonsense upon this show's viewers, and if he becomes the republican nominee, this show will bear a huge responsibility for it. The anchors seem uncomfortable with it, and seem occasionally to be allowed to take a shot at him, but, really, does that make a difference? Has anyone uttered the words Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, let alone have them on the show ONE TIME? Are ratings really the only thing the producers of this low-brow Shlockfest give a crap about? Its so horrid to watch the show slide lower and lower, especially for those of us who were once fans. Will Jills Steals and Deals become the main daily segment soon? Will Jenna Bush, who sounds perpetually congested and simultaneously holding marbles in her mouth, soon become a main anchor? Will someone go on a murderous rampage if she does one more sickening overwrought story on her family? And Tamron Hall's complete inability to stop herself from talking or complete one succinct point is a train wreck that never improves. These bizarre casting choices are of course small affairs in contrast to the political one-sidedness that should not be allowed. All candidates should be given even CLOSE to the same coverage if this is to be considered anything near to a network news show and not just pure propaganda at this point. It disgusts me to watch it, and I've had to switch to CBS, which I don't like, but at least there's a less biased approach. I am furious at the producers of this show, it is a shameful travesty, and someone somewhere will call these jokers out at some point.
  • tamron hall

Hi am new to this site in my own personal opinion about tamron hall she had always make me feels real good also i what a tough background she is i have learn so much about her even know she is a beauitful female i do get little be fresh rated at time i can be little bit shy at time i don't have any friends only just a few of them i can relate to tamron hall like trying to fit in with other i ever had anything nataive say about her like about she make me feel real good about myself even if it about herself i learn little bit about her were she come from i know she might not be as open i an't perfect i know she an't eather not even all those other cast does morning news even the weekend news is all goods too one things i don't ever care for all this donald Trump stuff he had be getting kinda old after longs while seen like he is hinding something also be little be of a broken record after a while i don't think unversal media family need him phone in every weekdays not even with morning joe he bearly ever had anything goods say other than make remark after remark he can't even keep a straight face i think this donald Trump remarkis ways too ooverrated it had to go always for goods let those other candidates have there airtime he not only one trying get elect not going to happen from what i know there is a rumor that someone might be able beats the donald Trump himself need worry about cleaning up his mess and quit annoy all those fraud charge i know he had two fraud charge in two different state one in calforina other in new jersey he need clean up his mess and pay the penalty i know i an't lying about this i am well educate been thought 16 years of experience also i use goods judgements when i comments on this i am well educate and spoken if i didn't understand something always take the time to google it before I make a statement ........
  • Nothing news worthy

Nothing on the show is newsworthy or original and even covered thoroughly like it used to be, before Matt ,Savannah, and Tamron Hall. Obviously the producer of the show, is from outer space if you can't see that he is facilitating The destruction of a legacy of what was an excellent informative news show. The news that comes out of the today show now, is nothing original or "breaking", this already repeat of what we've heard on our local news channels and hour before the today show. They focus on garbage and Goss up and teen trendy crap. Tom Brokaw, has been on the recent today show several times, I'm sure he believes the same and more about the quality of the show now, but won't say it may be afraid he won't be asked back; Too bad. Tameron hall, The most irritating individual that could be on any show, anywhere. the self proclaimed "journalist", who looks like a ugly version of "Prince", is obnoxious, as she is ignorant and the college she went to should have there hands slapped for ever issuing her a degree, that allowed her to get a gig like the today show. The fact that she doesn't know the answers to anything, even The remotely obvious even to a third grader is sickening to watch along with the way she laughs off her ignorance, like it's normal and a big joke. Don't get me started on how when she does comment on something, it's like she feels she's come up with something very profound, in reality she becomes "Captain obvious". She constantly is cutting off her cohost, her guest, and irritating the today shows viewers and audience. The whole group is constantly Focusing, on how to look "hip", and trendy, which is obviously forced, and preplanned and looks dorky as hell and is not what a person looks for in a "news" show. I could go on about savanna, who in my opinion, is another waste of and unwarranted college degree. In my book she's only one step above Tamron Hall. And either the today show, producers do not see any of these comments, or they just don't care, which is par for the course for this generation.
  • enough already!!

1.5
    Enough with the Trump bashing, Savannah! I realize that you are not a TRUE journalist (fair and unbiased) but, please, show a little CLASS!! This is getting old! Where is Anne??
  • High School Clique

Watching the current Today Show weekday cast reminds me of my high school days. Bad "A List" clique chatter. Who can overtalk who? Who likes who? Who looks the best? Who 's personal life is more important than any others? What ever happened to reporting the news? I don' t ever remember Walter Cronkite ever talking about his family life or what cute pants his camera man had on. Can we possibly dumb down the news anymore? Wait a . I forgot about the Weekend Today cast.
  • Who should stay and who should go.

It is easy to see that Savannah Guthry needs to be replaced with Natalie Morales. Savannah casts a very condescending glance to people who threaten her ability as a co-host. Savannah appears to have been a spoiled sheltered brat her whole life (I am saying this as she seems unable to cook, clean or even pack a suitcase according to her interact with Natalie is don't think I have ever experienced a woman like this except for the one time in my life I dated a model. I am pretty sure that America would feel better listening to someone that has a little more in common with the everyday person as opposed to a person coddled her whole life.

I do not understand people who dis Tamron, she seems so pleasant on the short time she gets on the air I really question any hate going her way.

I am right there though with people on Jenna Bush Hager. If you want to know why refer to my comments on Savannah, with the exception that she did learn to cook at the Gwyneth Paltrow spend till it hurts school of cooking (what that means is take the most expensive things you can find and mix them together and they usually taste good). Not cooking for the average American so why air it ?

As for my case with Natalie, I enjoy listening to her. She is one that grabs me like Morgan Freeman (he is the top however) for narrating. Perhaps she is to busy in other endeavors to take this on, but they should make it her choice. Savannah can go back to the news channel she came from.

Yeah and we all know what opinions can be compared to, but that is mine.

• THE TODAY SHOW STINKS

I have been watching the Today Show for 50 years and the quality of the show has gone downhill since Ann Curry left. It looks more like a class reunion than a credible news show. Matt and his harem are the most annoying people I have ever seen. All they do is talk to each other and talk over each other. Why have a audience is my thought. With all of them talking at once no one can understand a thing that anyone is saying. I can only watch about 45min. before I have to change the channel to Dr. Phil reruns. News flash producers who do you think is watching the show. Retired people. We don't care about the Kardashians or Katlyn (Bruce) Jenner. Get rid of the Gigglie Girls and get a credible news person. There is so many great stories out there, do a little digging and you may come up with a better show.
  • Today shows past

I have recently been able to watch morning tv again after years away from morning tv. While I very much enjoy Tamron, Natalie, Al and Willie (who is one of the nicest and most talented people on the show), I do not like the present format of the show. Having grown up watching Barbara Walters, Jane Pauley, Tom Brocaw, and Hugh Downs, I am appalled by the lack of objective and serious journalism, while there is a dramatic increase in fluff and journalism with agendas. The segments are too short with the hosts interrupting each other and the guests. Matt is condescending and rude, while Savannah . . . . well . . . cannot begin to hold a candle to Ann Curry or Katie Couric. It is sad to see such an iconic show follow trends instead of continuing to lead by example, with integrity and objectivity.
  • Cannot stand Tamron!

Tamron is a very immature little girl and is distracting from the show. I tune out when she is on. Also, the segments are too short and rushed. When there is a guest demonstrating something, they have to speak so fast to get in their info and most times, they get cut off anyway. Slow it down. Stop trying to cramp 500 things into one show. I would rather see quality pieces than a 30 second, harried demonstration.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10