Today Show

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBC Premiered Jan 14, 1952 In Season

Angus_Mac

Today Show Fan Reviews (308)

5.5
  • Today is NOT a Narcissistic Reality Show so Please Stop or Rename it the...... "The Talk OVER Show"

I have watched and preferred NBC News and Programs My entire life.

Now, I along with many, many others cringe and have to mute, power off or turn the channel when Al makes rude, Racist and inappropriate comments. Al thinks he is funny and plays his double standard card to veil his comments as 'humor' He is not funny. He bashes people from the UK , Asia and the Middle East. HOW is this allowed?!?!?!?!?

Tamron makes it hard to watch as well. No one really wants to see immature, self obsessed and giddy 'girl' who interrupts and talks over guests and co hosts I was shocked to find out her age! She acts very immature. She kicks her legs out, squeals, snickers, snorts and acts as if she is at Slumber party or in cafeteria

It is cringe worthy!

Al and Tamron are the epitome of attention seekers/know it alls who think they can say and do anything and get away with it

They are using the beloved Today Show as if it is their Reality show

This results in making a once great show that was the start of many peoples day into a head shaking and eye rolling routine

People who think they are a laugh a minute belong on auditions for Stand Up and Comedy Channel

I love humor. They are NOT funny. It is beyond ridiculous.

When did the focus come off the news and guests? It is now all about the anchors

If not for the the luck of al matching need to hire certain people many years ago, he would certainly be an Elementary School janitor trying to make little children laugh at his silly self for most older people are annoyed by him. Tamron would be be making weird faces and laughing inappropriately at the pick up window when someone asked her where are the napkins or straws. After that she would try working at a Party supply store where she would turn attention on herself and try on items instead of helping customers.

Please bring back Professionals that care about the audience, coworkers and their job vs being Narcissistic and Opinionated
  • Love Hoda at 7:00- Hate their choice of stories

3.5
    Hoda is great in every role- very, very likable. She can be strong or light-hearted. She doesn't try to steal the show, she's sincere and genuine, with no political agenda to cram down people's throats. But most of all, she's just naturally likeable. She fits in with all 7:00 hosts/cohosts and she and Kathie Lee have great chemistry at 3rd hour.

Today Show needs to lose the stories that are meant to be devisive and biased to their viewpoint- especially when their panel feels the need to weigh- in with their opinion- again so biased and not fact based. I immediately turn the channel when they start with that

about 7:15- can see straight through their agenda. Put the real, hard news on. A lot is happening now in our world!
  • about time

Tamron Hall is a great addition to the Today show. She broke the color ceiling that only had Al for a long time. not only that her style rocks. The criticism of her is on a deeper level and could be coming from somewhere else.. maybe racism.
  • Leave Tamron in place on Today

Why would anyone pick on Tamron? She is smart, funny, loaded with personality and GEORGEOUS!

She is not there to be who you want her to be. She is there because of who SHE is. Anyone who would not watch because of her, is looking for an excuse to be a negative critic and loves to be a critic. Wonder if anyone would critique you? Tamron is a big reason I watch the Today show.
  • Agree with the Tamron comments

I was crazy about the 9-10 hour. Willie rocks! Three people were enough!!! Why did you mess with success? With the addition of Tamron, it is all her. Give us Willie back !!!!! He hardly gets a chance to talk any more.
  • Stopped being a faithful watcher when Tameron showed up...

2.5
    The show was a ten until Tameron. She is downright obnoxious. Watched daily but about two weeks after Tameron appeared I turned the channel on that daily show permanently. Tameron Hall is too much for me and four is definitely a crowd. I like Natalie, AL and Willie I never like it when there are four on I really hated it when that crude and rude spice girl was on as well. What were the shows producers thinking? Are they trying to be like GMA? I stopped watching that show also, too many people and to much talk about the sexual preferences. I don't care what someone's sexual preferences are and don't want to know. So now I watch Charlie, Gail and Nora it is much less fluff.
  • Tamera Hall You ARE Annoying

1.5
    I can hardly stand to watch this show with Tamera Hall, giggling all the time, over talking everyone else including guests and her co-anchors. She has got to GO if you want this show to survive!! I think Al ALSO needs to settle down and stick to the weather. I think Tamera is rubbing off on him too!!
  • TAMRON HALL

GET OFF THE TODAY SHOW TAMRON HALL. YOU SUCK. SHUT YOUR MOUTH. SHUT UP. GO AWAY. FOREVER.
  • She is driving me crazy!!!

Today Show I am begging you to remove Tamron Hall. She is so silly and ridiculous that she is hard to listen to.
  • Tamyrn Hall keep your opinions to yourself!

3.5
    Finally switching to ABC until Savanna is back. Do the producers not see that this woman is more opinionated than Bill O'Reilly? Hard to believe this woman was one of Ann Curry's replacements.
  • HATE THE ORANGE AND THE NEW SET AND TAMRYN

4.5
    I hate it all. I don't like Tamryn, don't like Carson . I love Al but only as a weather man not as someone that does interviews. It needs to be just Matt, Al, and Savannah is ok I guess, and I like Willy. Natalie is ok, sort of boring. I miss the old days with Matt and Meredith starting off the show, then going to Anne Curry for news headlines. It's just not the same, you've lost me as an audience member and tons of others. Biggest thing is Tamryn does not fit, she just doesn't have the seriousness or maturity as the others for that big of a role.

Best part of show now is Hoda and Kathy, it's all I watch now. I watch from about 7 - 8, then turn it off until they come on.
  • Tamron Hall

I see all these negative reviews of Tamron Hall and I don't understand why. She is a professional, well dressed, fun and beautiful reporter. I can only think people are coming down on her because they are jealous or racist. Come on now, who says their not going to watch a program because of one person. It's not like she's the lead anchor person. Some people need to get a life. Tamron I hope you see this review. You're doimg an outstanding job.
  • Mat Lauer

Mat is the only reason this show has lasted and the only reason I watch the show. Savannah is real but I think Hoda would be a hit In her position. Natalie is corny and has very little substance. Her look-a-like Maria Shriver was on the show the other day and was great. Al is good as Mat's sidekick and the show wouldn't be the same without these two originals. Everyone jumps all over Tamron but at least she has personality. Maybe a little too much at times but very very pretty. I usually change the channel and turn it back on for Hoda and Kathy Lee. Love them both but Hoda is fantastic!
  • Tamron Must Go

I am done with her and the 9-10 hour. I really like Willie and Natalie and Al. I actually lose my appetite for breakfast listening to Tamron screech and yell and try and steal the whole hour. ITS ALL ABIOUT TAMRON! Enough. Shut her up. Shut her down. She is the worst morning on air host by far.

See ya NBC proud host of the Tamron network.
  • I second It! Amen!

I agree with the many comments about Tamron Hall. I thought someone had settled her down for awhile, but her aggravating behavior is back! Why would you have someone on there who constantly hogs the spotlight, talks too much, and giggles constantly like a silly school girl? Not enjoyable! What are you thinking?

Love Hoda and Kathie Lee.

Not sure if she'll be on later today, but what a relief to not have to listen to her. I'm sick and tired of her giggles and interruptions and listening to her boring long stories,. Anyone notice she also dresses waaaay over the top - she absolutely makes the other women look like plain Janes. Make her go away, please.
  • Tamron Hall needs to GO!

I've been a TODAY watcher for 30 years. Tamron Hall is absolutely the worst cast member they have ever had. She's a big hog, can't shut up, interrupts while others are talking (well, they all do that, except Matt) and thinks everyone's interested in her personal life. She offers absolutely nothing to this show! Why did they bring her on, they already had Natalie. Natalie's annoying too but better than Tamron.

While I'm at it, I wish Al Roker would just go back to the old Al - before he allegedly became "important to the He also tries to "top" whoever is talking. Al, you're just not funny! They should reduce his duties.

The only good additions to the show have been Savannah (thank God they got rid of Ann Curry) and Carson Daly. He knows his place and he's very good at it. Keep Carson.

Get rid of Tamron! Read all these other reviews on here! Thank you.
  • Put Tamron Hall back in the Orange Room. She is terrific there.

2.5
    Initially, when Tamron was doing the Orange Room, I thought she was off the charts great. She is up on all the entertainment and music news and social media. She was fun, young, and happy. It was a perfect fit. Way better than Carson Daly. Once she was moved to that desk, she became annoying, loud, and uncomfortable to watch. I was just waiting for something to come out of her immature mouth that was going to make the others at desk , start to squirm. She is beautiful and smart but she is too immature to have such an important seat at the desk. If I see her at the desk, I just turn the channel. Put her back in the Orange Room where she is comfortable and in her element.

I am a married, 48 yr old mother of 2. I love the fact that the Today show stays on for so long. I listen to you on Sirius. My loyalty stops when it comes to Tamron. I just move on. Btw, Willie is the best addition you ever made to the Today Show after KLG & Hoda, of course. I love, love, love them!
  • Tamron Hall

I don't understand why The Today Show brought in Tamron Hall especially on the second part of the show with Willie, Natalie, and Al Roker. The team was just fine! She's too loud, takes up too much time when giving input. Almost no time for Willie or the others to speak. And she interrupts when others are speaking. She needs to go..

I still think the initial group was just fine.
  • turned to cbs

2.5
    Can't take the lack of any serious reporting. I was a fan for over 30 years. The third hour is a joke.
  • Breaking up with the Today Show

I've been watching the Today Show for many years. The time has come where I must change the channel for my own sanity. I can't take Tamron anymore. She's like fingernails against a black board. She needs to be taken off the program before many other people change the channel. Before Tamron I came close to changing the channel because Natalie was a lot like Tamron. Talking over everyone, looking at the camera with a smile whenever she said something she THOUGHT was funny. Now Tamron doesn't give Natalie or anyone else time to talk. I think the show needs to have a complete makeover. I just want the mature, informative Today Show back.
  • Get Real, NBC

All of you are not in the real world. Sorry. It's hard to understand. I cannot watch you anymore.

Wishing you all the best. Your show is all about you! Your babies, your feelings, your problems (which are minimal) your health, your stupid shopping and fashion shows. Cannot stand it anymore. I hope someone comes up with something that relates to the 1% that have fallen to the 99%. It must be difficult living in the bubble you live in. I like Good Morning America for the fluff! At least they don't belittle the rest of us!

• The Tamron Show

I am so done. Tamron exemplifies everything I do NOT want my daughter to grow up and become. Today she actually said she thinks she should be showered with gifts for-- no reason at all?!? Until there is a National Tamron Day- which may be just around the corner- I think she should rely on her birthday and stop making ridiculous comments like "why should I have to get married or have a baby to get gifts?" Are you kidding me? In my opinion she is a self centered, all about me, entitlement baby, who thinks the world and everyone inIt owes her something for just showing up! She's not funny- though she really thinks she is- and it is belaboring to watch her inappropriate humor and interaction with the other hosts. Change it to the Tamron Show or get her off the air! I miss Ann Curry- she was either very sincere- and a true journalist, or at the least really good at delivering the News in a way that made you believe it was about the Story and not the journalist.
  • Attention Whore

I have been a NBC fan for a long time. The Today show would be the first show of the day along with my local news. Today has gone through so many changes but the one change I'm annoyed at is the addition of Tameron Hall. All she does is make everything about her. She associates guest or subject matters to what she's been through.. It's always I I I.. And today's show was so annoying!! She really thinks it's all about her!! Get rid of her.. She over abuses the sympathy card. She is no Ann Curry.
  • I am outta here.

That's it. This latest display at 9:33AM between Tamron and Al just totally soured me on this hour. Time to change the channel. It's nothing but "me, me, me" and "I, I, I". Ms. Hall is shrill, silly and attention-grabbing. Mr. Roker no longer has any gravitas at all. You are doing a disservice to the 9-10AM hour with these two. They should take a leaf out of Robin Robert's page. There are certainly much better hosts out there. Case in point - right this instant, Roker referred to himself as " an old, bald black man" how insulting. But immediately, Hall came back with a comment about her own hair. To me it's anything anyone does or says, I can do better. Do the news, please. You have KLG and Hoda for the fluffy stuff, and even they do get serious when appropriate.
  • What a Joke!

This is where we are as a society. Now the "newscasters" have to be the center of attention. I couldn't care less about Savannah. That's a family matter that shouldn't take precedence over national news. Why should Kim Kardashian be mentioned before what should be the "real" news? Unfortunately, the "newscasters" don't want to report the story. They want to become the story or pal around with the people they are supposed to objectively report on. This is the first and last national news I've watched this summer.
  • Al Roker Dancing thru Segment, The Tamron Show, Unbalanced Reporting of Detroit Shooting

How does Al Roker get away with dancing to a Nicki Minaj song during the ENTIRE weather segment? He just pointed over and over at the weather map trying to keep time like a bad imitation of John Travolta and never said a word! I don't even think he said his .... "your neck of the woods" segue .. Our local weatherman cringed, rolled his eyes and simply said "OK?" because professionalism prevented him from saying more.

People are in a hurry in the morning... maybe Al's salary dwarfs everyones as a national weather anchor but let's try and report what you're ultimately paid to do... apparently the Today execs think he's funny and entertaining and are betting the farm on the fact that facts don't matter in today's world (play on words?).

Tamron Hall. I am constantly annoyed by Tamron's talking over Willy , stealing others thoughts by talking over them then running with those thoughts with a feigned spontaneity that is simply a complete rephrasing of what was just said by others. And everything is hysterically funny to her, no matter the humor level. Interruption is her trump card because a pro like Willy can't and won't use that cheap tactic... Matt, Tamron and Natalie are constantly badgering their guests, talking over them with preemptive questions that ruin the presenters flow. The eternal, " only have 30 that is rigorously applied to guest segments never seems to apply to the interminable group popularity contests always dominated by Tamron. It seems so obvious to me .... dumbing down the conversational manners of America as she goes. The only reason I still watch Today is my girlfriend likes it... I'm clearly not their target demographic. I'm putting my foot down now that I think of it and trying Good Morning America. She may like it too... if it's the same formula as the Today Show I'll go to CNN/MSNBC to get away from this comedy channel/ego battle.

I'm also upset at the unbalanced reporting I see all the time on the Today Show and the anchors weighing in with their personal and often uniformed opinions of the topics they cover. Whatever happened to the leg work of gathering the facts, collation by a thoughtful staff of writers and proofed by the editor prior to public presentation? This takes the pressure off the anchors.. all the they have to do is read the cue cards.

Just this morning the girl who was killed by a man with a shotgun in Detroit: No mention was made in the segment of her being both high on drugs AND alcohol according to the toxicology report. All that Tamron and the gang could come up with was their opinions of "what if it was a little boy or a white person... the result might have been different"

The anchors aren't there to speculate but report the facts. Balanced reporting might mention the circumstances of her accident. Injecting race into the conversation does not change the underlying facts. I'm constantly dismayed at all media who describe people by color: white 55 year old shot a black 19 year old Surely there are other ways to describe people other than by making these subtle racial and divisive comments: characterize people by their profession, by where they live or marital status and current educational progress... I'm brainstorming here... anything but race! Covering this story would include the facts that she was impaired with drugs and alcohol in the toxicology report. This is pertinent information that speaks to the heart of the case as to why she was at his front door. Yes he showed incredibly poor judgement and I do not condone his actions. He should have called 911. No one deserves to be shot for banging on a door after an accident no matter their mental state: at that point she did nothing wrong. But to paint her simply as a normal teen who was looking for help after an accident and Tamron speculating that she was most likely shot because she's black is a disservice to the whole NBC organization. The shame is everyone else may have done their job preparing the story only to have the anchors blow it with their off the cuff ad libs and racial innuendo. When standards of reporting are ignored and instead used as a tool to mobilize public opinion we all lose. This slanted reporting will no doubt contribute to the public outrage if the judge gives the shooter a "light" sentence (ie) anything except life in prison.
  • Chatter

Hello Matt.

I would like to make a suggestion that comes from many people I talk with. When all of you are talking together at the same time in a discussion it is hard to hear what is said and to know who said what. The conversation also is not understood.

• AA-Quota

What is up with Tamron Hall? There has to be another African American out there who can fill the affirmative-action quota for NBC
  • stop the noise

You guys all talk at the same time. I tune out the content because it becomes just noise. Reduce the silly stuff and focus on the message.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10