Today Show

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBC Premiered Jan 14, 1952 In Season

AprilFox

Today Show Fan Reviews (331)

• Appalling

I was very surprised, shocked even, enough so that I signed up here to voice my disgust at the behavior of the hosts on today's show, Matt, Al, Hoda and Natalie, all laughing, making fun of a woman being beaten, thrown to the ground and kicked, simply because the people were in costumes. This, right after they ran an update of the Ray Rice/NFL case, a player they have lambasted for his actions against his wife. Hosts have been suspended from other shows, other stations, some even fired over much less, I would hope, though doubt, NBC would take action and certainly more than a simple apology.
  • I give up

I have watched the Today Show for years. I have never jumped ship until now, and I joined this discussion just to put in my two cents worth. It has gotten way over the top in their talking over each other. I tuned in only for the first 30 minutes, but don't even do that now. The stupid run-together comments and the terrible jokes after the News is read has to stop. The incessant banter makes all the panel look inept. Tamron is the worst offender of them all. If she is to be retained as a permanent fixture, tone it down and act professionally! If anyone in the Corporate NBC cloud is watching, look over all these comments! And I don't see the same number of complaints on either CBS or ABC morning shows.
  • Shut her up

Please make Tamron stop grinning and her to watch herself. If the show has to keep her PLEASE PUT HER SOMEWHERE ELSE
  • Keep Hoda with Matt

Love Hoda in the morning with Matt! They compliment each other and I love her with the bands outside. Keep her in the morning let Savanah go with Kathy Lee.
  • Very interesting

Most of the negative comments about Tamron originate from people who love Savannah and Matt. I personally love Tamron being on the show and am quite grateful Savannah is on leave. Her and Matt are two of the most annoying and boring TV personalities I have watched. I think some of the views are possibly linked to a distaste for blacks working in certain positions.

As for the people who love Kathie Lee and Hoda but hate Tamron, your thought process is a bit skewed. I think Hoda is all right, but you can throw Kathie Lee, Savannah, and Matt out the door.

I love this comment, "Anyone notice she also dresses waaaay over the top - she absolutely makes the other women look like plain Janes. Make her go away, What is wrong with an extremely attractive black woman being the center of attention? It isn't her fault the "white women" can't keep up. ;)
  • Very interesting

• Tamron Hall is hard to swallow

She needs to ease up on the fake smiling and even if these smiles were real, something is a bit off with her. I would love to see her do a news story about Ebola. What if she smiles? No one is that happy!! No way!!
  • Tamron ruining my favorite show

I like to start my day with the Today show, I always thought she female hosts/anchors were fine- if a little vanilla - but Tamron is super-DUPER irritating!! She wants to be "relatable" - I guess- in a "sex & the city" way. That "Where's MY gift?" was lifted right out of a S&TC episode where Carrie gets her shoes stolen at a baby shower. Tamron does it TOO MUCH - it comes off as over-the-top cutesy, inappropriate and un-democratic for an ensemble news cast. On her other show on ID she's very deadpan straight-faced, "serious journalist," so I think it is the producers of the show who are ultimately to blame by encouraging her to do this "bubbly, giggly" schtick. Is anything really that funny??? NO. Not 20 times an hour! Giddy!!! Un-real!! Uncomfortable!!!!

Sick of that gummy grin and "my eyes are tearing up cuz I'm laffin' so hard" bulloney!!

I get the feeling Natalie can't stand her either. And make those bands on the bottom of the screen transparent, or SMALLER, we can't see the bottom third of the screen! I like Matt. He was a pro with loon Tom Cruise. I like Al. He's a kind human being.
  • Tamron Hall

I feel badly saying this but I have to agree with Tamron Hall being annoying. I have been watching the Today Show for 25 years or so, every morning and now I probably watch it a couple of times a week and I almost ALWAYS shut it off or change the channel when Tamron Hall gets there. Ugh... She's adorable and seems nice but she interrupts everyone, talks over everyone, has to interject her opinion. She just appears to be overzealous and competitive. I don't know if she is, but that's how she comes across. And, I hate to say it, but her giggle and laughter is loud and annoying too. To be fair, that Orange Room is inane and trivial. I also stop watching when that comes on. I know the Today Show is not hard hitting journalism or anything but at least it used to pleasant and "comfortable". Now it's just downright confusing and annoying - too many people and some really annoying people. Though, I do like Matt, Al, Willie and Natalie. LOVE Hoda and Kathy Lee. My rating of the Today Show is unfortunately going down. So sad...
  • Can Tamron just be one of a group?

At first I thought Tamron was just a ditzy type woman but now I see it is more than that. She has to have the attention on her at all times. She does it by her extreme reactions to everything, louder than anyone else, flirting, what ever it takes she will get the attention back to her. She brings Al down who has been a strong professional personality. I've always enjoyed the close camaraderie between the cast and she just seems to disrupt the whole dynamic of the show. I now find I just switch to other networks when it get too much to watch and then always have to come back to Hoda and Kathie Lee because they are hilarious.
  • What in the world is she looking for?

5.5
    Tamron Hall is so annoying! It is increasingly difficult to watch her every morning - and the dumb looks she gets on her face then looks up and down and sideways. OMG, why do they keep this one? I don't get it.
  • Natalie

I love Natalie co hosting! I thought she should have been the co host from the beginning ! She is intelligent,beautiful,and seems down to earth!
  • Tamron hall

5.5
    I have been watching the today show for years but unfortunately with the addition of Tamron Hall it's just unwatchable. With her constant giggling posturing for the camera and rudeness, it's just too much. It's the today show, not the Tamron Hall show.
  • Ughhhhhhhh Tamron Hall has got to GO

5.5
    And I thought Ann Curry was bad!! Tamron Hall is even worse! She interrupts constantly and acts so stupid! No more TODAY show for me until she's GONE!!!!!!!
  • Bye Bye... Cannot stomach Tamron ONE MORE DAY

1.5
    After years and years of watching Today, I am switching to either CBS or ABC. Cannot watch Tamron pose, giggle like an idiot, or try unsuccessfully to be a professional. I was so hopeful when she did not go with Matt, Savannah, Al, and Natalie to the Winter Olympics that we had seen the last of her... BUT NO!!! The announcement came that she would be permanent!!! I tried to stay in board, but cannot take one more day...
  • Time to go

Goodbye Today show. I cant watch snobby boring Natalie co-host.
  • Tamron Hall

I would just like to say SHAME ON ALL OF YOU TAMRON HATERS!! She is a wonderful addition to the Today Show. She is intelligent and well spoken. I love her along with all of the other co-hosts. They provide a fresh and very informative show. IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING ALL!! BETTER YET WATCH A DIFFERENT SHOW!!

• why is tamron a cohost?????

Please producers of the 9AM hour watch the show. Do you not see how much Tamron is trying to be the center of attention. She is really only good at jiggling, wiggling and giggling. Which is great if 14 year old boys are your target market. I have watched the show for over 25 years and cannot stomach the "Tamron Hall hour"

Please do something!!! Ever since she joined that hour Willie is nothing more than a cute puppy with nothing substantial to say. Bring back real topics and talk one at a time.
  • Taking a shower

I was shocked to hear Natalie, Willie, and Tamron admitting to peeing in the shower while they are taking a shower on Friday's show! How disgusting! Al thought it was disgusting, too. I always thought The Today Show staff knew how to have fun without resorting to a vulgar, sickening topic like this! I was shocked! Are they that hard up for topics on the Today Show? Maybe the show needs a new writer/producer!!!
  • Tamron > Natalie

I'm shocked to see so much Tamron hating going on here. Tamron is a real person having the time of her life. She definitely talks over people at the table, but so do a lot of people when they're having off-the-cuff conversations. She doesn't do that during interviews. In fact, she's very serious and thoughtful when interviewing someone. The table conversations are meant to be loose and real. To be annoyed with someone having fun and enjoying herself says a lot about the person doing the complaining.

I wouldn't mind if Natalie disappeared. She's just so meh. Snooty and totally buttoned up. She's definitely the odd man out in that group.

Having said that, it's not about them all being the same; their diversity is what makes them a great group. It's like sitcom: Goofball Tamron, Cool Dude Willie, Crazy Grandpa Al (who's a national treasure, btw) and Snobby Mean Girl Cheerleader Natalie
  • Dump Tamron Hall

This woman is clearly stomping on toes at the show. She has usurped Natalie's temp job as co-host, she is rude to guests by dominating the air with her views, instead of allowing us to hear theirs, and I don't think that Matt or Al are that crazy about her. She's got to go. Nov. 3rd won't be hers soon enough.
  • Tamron Hall Needs to Go

Tamron Hall is not helping the Today Show. As a matter of fact, I find her so annoying that I leave the room when she starts her ramblings. She just doesn't have what it takes to be part of the Today Show team. She wants to be the center of attention and it just comes across as her looking and sounding ridiculous.
  • What is going on???

Tamron is goofy as they come. Not about takes away from the show. All I find myself doing is wishing she would tone herself down. She is competing with the seasoned cast and over talking. I have tried but I switch channels until Kathie lee and hoda come on. Or go to my local news. She is just too much with the rest of the crew. You can tell they are just putting up with her. Goodness not professional at all.
  • SHUT UP Tamron Hall

4.5
    What a stressful show it is became with Tamron Hall,, she goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, how Annoying is that !! I can't watch the Today's take anymore,,we want to watch and listen to some interesting stuff, not a "monologue" from Tamron Hall !! Enough is enough "" .

By the way, Willie, Nathalie are AWESOME, when Al and Tamron let them talk !!!
  • What's Going On??

I used to love the Today Show. I love Matt and Savannah. I love Wiile. I love Al until he goes off the deep end on stuff. I cannot tolerate Natalie and Tamron. Natalie is so snobbish and judgemental. I'm sick of her opinion on everything as if it is the only opinion that should matter. For Tamron, I just keep hearing my internal voice scream "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE". She is the worst, and everything has to be about her. Let Willie and Hoda do the 3rd hour or let Willie do it alone. More and more, I am disliking the show, and Natalie and Tamron are usually involved when I feel that way. I have watched the show for many, many years, and only within the past year have I considered switching the channel.
  • Today is NOT a Narcissistic Reality Show so Please Stop or Rename it the...... "The Talk OVER Show"

I have watched and preferred NBC News and Programs My entire life.

Now, I along with many, many others cringe and have to mute, power off or turn the channel when Al makes rude, Racist and inappropriate comments. Al thinks he is funny and plays his double standard card to veil his comments as 'humor' He is not funny. He bashes people from the UK , Asia and the Middle East. HOW is this allowed?!?!?!?!?

Tamron makes it hard to watch as well. No one really wants to see immature, self obsessed and giddy 'girl' who interrupts and talks over guests and co hosts I was shocked to find out her age! She acts very immature. She kicks her legs out, squeals, snickers, snorts and acts as if she is at Slumber party or in cafeteria

It is cringe worthy!

Al and Tamron are the epitome of attention seekers/know it alls who think they can say and do anything and get away with it

They are using the beloved Today Show as if it is their Reality show

This results in making a once great show that was the start of many peoples day into a head shaking and eye rolling routine

People who think they are a laugh a minute belong on auditions for Stand Up and Comedy Channel

I love humor. They are NOT funny. It is beyond ridiculous.

When did the focus come off the news and guests? It is now all about the anchors

If not for the the luck of al matching need to hire certain people many years ago, he would certainly be an Elementary School janitor trying to make little children laugh at his silly self for most older people are annoyed by him. Tamron would be be making weird faces and laughing inappropriately at the pick up window when someone asked her where are the napkins or straws. After that she would try working at a Party supply store where she would turn attention on herself and try on items instead of helping customers.

Please bring back Professionals that care about the audience, coworkers and their job vs being Narcissistic and Opinionated
  • Love Hoda at 7:00- Hate their choice of stories

3.5
    Hoda is great in every role- very, very likable. She can be strong or light-hearted. She doesn't try to steal the show, she's sincere and genuine, with no political agenda to cram down people's throats. But most of all, she's just naturally likeable. She fits in with all 7:00 hosts/cohosts and she and Kathie Lee have great chemistry at 3rd hour.

Today Show needs to lose the stories that are meant to be devisive and biased to their viewpoint- especially when their panel feels the need to weigh- in with their opinion- again so biased and not fact based. I immediately turn the channel when they start with that

about 7:15- can see straight through their agenda. Put the real, hard news on. A lot is happening now in our world!
  • about time

Tamron Hall is a great addition to the Today show. She broke the color ceiling that only had Al for a long time. not only that her style rocks. The criticism of her is on a deeper level and could be coming from somewhere else.. maybe racism.
  • Leave Tamron in place on Today

Why would anyone pick on Tamron? She is smart, funny, loaded with personality and GEORGEOUS!

She is not there to be who you want her to be. She is there because of who SHE is. Anyone who would not watch because of her, is looking for an excuse to be a negative critic and loves to be a critic. Wonder if anyone would critique you? Tamron is a big reason I watch the Today show.
  • Agree with the Tamron comments

I was crazy about the 9-10 hour. Willie rocks! Three people were enough!!! Why did you mess with success? With the addition of Tamron, it is all her. Give us Willie back !!!!! He hardly gets a chance to talk any more.
NEW