Today Show

Weekdays 7:00 AM on NBC Premiered Jan 14, 1952 In Season

Angus_Mac

Today Show Fan Reviews (829)

4.8
  • I Can't Watch Biased News Any Longer

I have been a fan of the Today show for majority of my adult life and an avid watcher for over 18 years. So much so, that I have always had a TV installed where I could watch while getting ready in the morning. I always told my husband that Al would want me to be able to watch.

The problem is Matt Lauer. He cannot stay unbiased while reporting the politics of our country. I don't relate to either extremes of our main political parties which is why I don't watch either CNN or Fox news. I have always enjoyed the Today Show because I was able to get the current events and a few light hearted stories to go along with the headlines. I stuck with the Today show through the election and I thought that after the election was decided Matt's tone would change, it has not. It is not just the words he chooses but his tone as well. I will no longer be watching the Today show. I am saddened that one of the programs that has brought me such joy to view will no longer be a part of my life, but I cannot continue to watch his personal negativity be expressed in a biased way.

I understand that I am only one voice, but we all know change happens one voice at a time.

• No longer a FAN

Must we endure Kathie Lee Gifford. She is egocentric and obnoxious. She never shuts up, it has to be all about her all of the time. The Today Show has to be able to do better. Hoda does not need Kathie Lee.

'

I had high hopes for Jenna Bush Hager, but she is turning into Kathie Lee. Interrupts constantly.

I have watched the Today show since 1980, but it is showing it's years. It has become BORING.
  • Enough of Savana !

After watching fo 25+ years, I can no longer watch the Today show. Savana is a terrible choice, her obvious bias, and childish facial expressions when interviewing anyone associated with president Trump is rediculous. Today show management should read these reviews!!
  • I've watched for 30 years, no more!

I have watched the today show for 30 years and although I saw the bias reporting of republicans throughout the years I've never seen it get so out of control. This is no longer a news worthy organization, it's a joke in my opinion. Go ahead and report to your Hollywood friends but don't forget they are not the majority of your viewers. I will no longer watch this news channel. Fox News here I come!! I have to say I was surprised Megan kelly went to such an organization. I liked her on fox but will not turn to NBC to see her.
  • What a joke

Just watched the Today show for the first time in forever. Wow these people are such idiots. All they want to do is paint the POTUS as a villain. LOOK ITS OVER,HES POTUS NOW. IF YOUR BIG HOLLYWOOD HEADS WERENT SO SELF CENTERED MAYBE,JUST MAYBE YOU WOULDVE CONSIDERED REAL AMERICANS THAT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD AND YOUR NOMINEE WOULDVE WON.
  • Goodbye to NBC

Since Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, I've seen a competent News/Magazine Show turn into a cold panel of hate. Tameron Hall left, and the show is left with only Al Roker to give their honest opinion. It is a liberal slant with no balance and it is sliding and tumbling over and over itself trying to regain ratings. I hate violence. I find the hate Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie do not bother to hide for President Trump both tiring and one dimensional. This is reflected on the Evening News as well. I no longer watch NBC or MSNBC. I can not watch a program that I feel will say anything to get a better rating instead of presenting the news and letting the chips fall where they may. I have not seen this. Matt seems confused and Savannah seems unqualified. I've locked my cable boxes off NBC Channels and MSNBC. You were lucky to have had Tameron Hall but you even blew that.
  • Tamron is still above all this

Twelfth-man

And you are the prime example of flies following shit still is better than most of without this sorry so called rid of a diamond in the rough,for a needle in the haystackits a low life sh@t now run print stands for nothing but clowns
  • Third hour has become a goofy mess!

Sheinelle Jones is not "anchoring" guest hosts well. Everyone is talking over each other. Laughing, running out to the plaza for fan give-aways. I wonder if producers ever listen to just the audio track. Unintelligible. I switch to MSNBC at 9am.
  • Get ride of Matt, NBC must have cranial rectal impact.

There are so many people that have left the show and most if it is do to him. Even the rumors have moved people. All of the good female anchors are being moved and even some of the male anchors, . Willie. I'm glad Tamron is gone, i've seen many times that see has either rolled her eye or interjected to be on the camera. And just today Matt interviews Pres. Bush, couldn't Jenna have done that?
  • Dylan Dreyer and her family are truly precious!

This morning the Today Show played videos of Dylan Dreyer with her newborn baby and family. She is fantastic and they are truly precious!
  • An example of Tamron's fan base?

Star67tayloralee- You may want to check your spelling and grammar before you hit send. Your pathetic rant is not helpful to Miss Hall in the least. It's also another example of how ignorance and divisiveness go hand in hand.
  • Tamron is out!

4.5
    EDIT: Here is one thing you need to know. Ms. Hall was not fired like Ann Curry was. Ms Hall was offered a multi-million dollar and multi-year deal to stay. She QUIT! They were NOT letting her go. She would still have been on air but not at the 9:00 slot. How unprofessional to not even say goodbye to her "so-called" fan base. So don't cry or be angry about her leaving. She did it to herself. We still have Shinelle who is so much more professional than Ms Hall.

fo:It's official, she is leaving both Today and MSNBC. Finally NBC is moving in the right direction

Don't cry for Ms. Hall. She was offered a multi-year and multi million dollar contract and quit in a snit because they took away her 9:00 hour which was as boring as hell. She left after she threw a temper tantrum. She was treated WAY better than Ann Curry who was offered nothing at all. and was made to cry on TV after finding out seconds before going on the air that she was being let go.
  • Commercials

The Today show used to be my favorite but it now seems they give more time to commercials than programing, which gets on my last nerve. Seems you have joined the world of greed .
  • Sunday morning with Willie Geist

How dare he call Beyonce and JayZ America's Royal couple!!, Give me a break!!!
  • Tamron Hall

4.5
    I have watched the Today Show for over 30 plus years but I think i am going to check out another morning news show. I am so upset that Tamron Hall is leaving. She is one of the best Journalist and should be rewarded by NBC and not lost. I will not watch Megyn Kelly. If i wanted to watch Fox I would have watch them. NBC lost Ann C. then Natalie. I keep telling myself one more change and I am moving to another morning show. NBC I am putting you on notice this is the last time!!! Very upset over the changes.
  • Bye-Bye Tamron

So glad she is gone. I changed the channel every time she was on the air.
  • Best of luck, Tamron, and bye-bye

I'm so glad the fluffy and giggly Tamron is gone. Sure she is a pretty face, but that doesn't make up for her lack of professionalism and childlike comments. Now maybe I can find renewed respect for Matt and Al and won't have to leave after the first hour. I was nauseated by her flirty favoritism of Al. What a relief. I hope Tamron learns that women don't have to be girly to get by. Womanly is a far better trait. Give it to us Meghan!
  • Tamron Hall was the only reason I tuned in to MSNBC during the day

I have always been a fan of Tamron Hall. I felt she was the best in the daytime lineup and would make me occasionally check in to MSNBC during the day. The horrible election coverage which helped get Trump elected made me vow to never put on MSNBC in the daytime again but I sometimes made an exception for Tamron's show. For several years I had MSNBC on all day (and night) before this last election season when they became Trump's puppets. Now, there will be no reason to go back to the network (except for Chris Rachel, Lawrence and Joy Reid). Great job NBC- you've proven your right wing corporate agenda. Megyn Kelly instead of Tamron? Are you kidding? As for the Today Show, I've already switched to GMA. Goodbye.
  • IT has to go!

Every time I see IT ( Tamron ), I change the channel. Point blank. After watching since the 70's, never have I considered watching another morning show until IT showed up. I can't stand the woman.. or whatever IT is. IT talks over everyone and thinks IT is more important than ITs guests. Piss off Tamron, Leave the show so we can go back to watching and actually enjoy the show like we used to. Have you read the comments? 90% of disapproval is because of IT. I'm watching CBS this morning because GMA is a mindless show with brain dead hosts. Get rid of IT and I'll go back to watching The Today Show.

EDIT: GREAT NEWS ! TAMRON IS LEAVING THE TODAY SHOW! -->

BYE-- CYA -- DON'T COME BACK -- Now hopefully The Today Show will be watchable again.
  • Today show is becoming the most boring morning show on television

Every time I turn on the NBC Today show, there is nothing but the cooking segment every day. Give it up people. Are they (NBC producers/management) running out of news and ideas? To watch the whole crew sitting at the table 8:40 in the morning in the studio, eating whatever meal is being prepared in the studio above is pathetic. No entertaining value whatsoever. Combined income for these anchors has to be in tens of millions of dollars. No wonder the show is slipping in ratings. Bring some interesting people/news segments happening around the country and the world. There is plenty of exciting news out there to report. If I want to watch cooking channels I will watch the food network or infomercials, more exciting. Time to retire Matt. 9 0clock slot gets even worse, Totally boring hour of nothing! More cooking segments more empty talk about nothing. No wonder NBC is loosing popularity in the morning shows to ABC. Maybe Megyn Kelly will save the network with some real news hour. The network needs some serious overhaul in the morning shows anchor line up. It's becoming the most boring and expensive cooking show on the planet. Al's jokes are wearing out, he should stick with weather, rest of the crew is totally unwatchable. Wake up NBC! Save yourself millions of dollars, just hire some new fresh faces.

One could compress 3 hours of that hollow show to 30 minutes and still have difficulty watching the full 30 minutes of it. ABC rules!

New update, Tamron is gone! What about rest of the show's crew? Megyn on her own can not improve the ratings for that fading show. Hopefully NBC brass will bring new format, new ideas, new people for the first two hours to bring back the long lost viewers. No more cooking segments please! Time to retire Matt!
  • Changing to another after 20 years

I had hopes that the Today show would get it together, I record it every day, it's such a normal in our home. Ive been holding on hoping that instead of only talking to half of America, maybe they would start talking to all of America. A bunch of friends stopped watching, but I kept on, I like Samantha and Matt. I had already stopped watching after 9, can't take Tamron. But seriously just can't watch a completely one sided show any more. There is no reason a news show can't have one Trump supporter and one non Trump supporter on their show. To sit and hear one sided bashing conversations all morning has gotten old. I don't mind listening to different opinions, as long as they have all opinions. The Today show goes out of its way to show why everything Trump does is wrong. When you never point out anything good, it becomes clear your playing politics instead of reporting news. You're losing half your audience, and that's a shame. I'll miss the routine, but not enough to keep holding on anymore.
  • TODAY is awful

You need to get rid of Matt Laurer and Tameron Hall. They have had their day and need to GO!!!!
  • Finally makes sense

I really could not understand how the exec producers of the Today show were not believing their own eyes and listening to their fan base. The 9 o'clock hour has been a disaster since Tamron Hall got involved. She poisoned the well for Natalie, turned Al into a blithering idiot and in general lost a significant piece of their loyal audience including me. This has just been plain terrible. It's almost too painful to watch. The Katie Couric visit as well as the recent Meredith guest host spots reminded everyone of how good the Chemistry can be. This week Natalie was back and the old gang seemed to be back in the groove.

Now I get it, you did listen. It remains to be seen whether Megan Kelly can fit into the morning environment but at least Al and Tamron will be put out of their us as well.

Kathy lee and Hoda have great chemistry and even though not my cup of tea, it works for their audience.

I don't think the Todays take group has ever developed as it was born of the Ann Curray disaster.

Like manny, I don't blame Tamron or think that she is a bad person. In TV, you just can't hide it, she doesn't fit and has alienated her coworkers and the fans who have enjoyed Today as a morning respite for many years.
  • Terrible Reporting

I am so tired of the today show reporting news against President Trump. They are so biased. I have been watching the today show for over 30 years and I have finally had enough. Does anyone know where else we can leave our comments that might get back directly to NBC/the today show?
  • Show Respect for PRESIDENT TRUMP

On the Today Show this morning, on 01/25/17, there were three remote newscasters, Ari Melber, Gadi Schwartz, and Peter Alexander that did NOT or would NOT refer to President Trump using his title of President, he has earned it.

Referring to the President as Trump, only. It's annoying enough that NBC's entire staff of reporters have a blatant distain for President Trump, but when reporters that are rarely on tv, except Alexander who is on daily, refer to our President only by his last name it is the last straw. I do know that NBC does not care if they lose a viewer whom has watched the program for over 40 years but I know I will feel better after posting this and plan to watch one of the other 3 networks from tomorrow forward.
  • GMA all the way!!!

I finally have had enough of The Today Show after many years and have turn to GMA. What a pleasant and refreshing show. Wake up NBC producers. Obviously all these negative reviews are trying to tell you what viewers think of your show. Tamron Hall is the main reason I'm now watching GMA. She is so full of herself. Always watching to see if the camera is on her. Has nothing interesting to say when she interjects her opinion. Get rid of her. I'd love to know the real reason Natalie moved to California but is still with NBC. I have a feeling it had something to do with Tamron.
  • Chemistry is everything. One co-host needs to go (Tamron Hall)

Tamron Hall is decent on MSNBC, but just sucks the air out of the room on the Today Show. She's dim like the previous fashion plate who left, Anne Curry; no playful adlib skills, misses basic fun pop-culture references and brings everything to a standstill whenever playful banter is happening. NOT FUN. In short, the anti-Vierra. (I'd love to see Meredith come back full-time; she always fit in perfectly with Matt Lauer, Al Roker, and the other co-hosts. Sharp, witty, "gets

The Today show has always been my go-to morning show when getting ready for work; it still strikes a fairly good balance between the mostly-serious CBS This Morning (which is my #2) and the stuck-on-a-bus-with-loud-drunk-people atmosphere of whatever is going on at ABC. But chemistry is so important, and Hall is a DUD here.

• Tanaron Hall

2.5
    Come on NBC lets fix this mess on the today show with Tamron Hall, Al Roker and who ever you decide to sit in the 3rd chair at 9, This is beyond awful, Tamron acts like a child, and her outfits are not the fashionista she thinks she is. You are heading down a dangerous road, but it is obvious no one is reading all of these concerns from your watchers, that are tuning in to other channels.
  • Tamron Hall

2.5
    How did she get this job? She is SO ANNOYING! Just constant talking. She overshadowed all of her guests today by just yabbering. Get rid of her!
  • Tamron Hall has got to go

She is ridiculous. Do not enjoy her at all. I may have to switch. After decades!
NEW