The Tomorrow People (1992)

ITV (ended 1995)

TheOldBill

The Tomorrow People (1992) Fan Reviews (4)

7.4
  • A great show I remember from my childhood!

This was one of my first favorite shows I ever had, and just today did I learn it was a remake of an older show called The Tomorrow People.

I can still remember the first season and how freaked I was when the kids first started teleporting at random.

At the time I had never seen anything like it and it held my attention better then Saturday morning TV!

Now that I’m older the story isn’t as enticing, special effects aren’t great and the characters are a little cliché. But yet it’s still an all time classic and when it comes out on DVD I’ll definitely be getting it.
  • A great sci-fi show.

This is truly a great sci-fi show. I enjoy watching it over and over and over again. I can watch the same episode 2 or 3 times in a row just so I can catch things that I might have missed. I think I have all of the episodes recorded and I watch them whenever there is nothing good on TV. It is always entertaining to me. I will also have my friends and family watch the episodes with me and try and get them hooked. So far everyone has because it is that good of a show. Look for it on the air or come over to my house and watch my DVD's.
  • Right Show, Wrong Time, Wronger Network...

I remember watching this show when I was younger (2nd-3rd grade) and have to say that I didn't get it then...i'll give it that I was a little young, but I think that that was the core problem. TTP needed an audience that could understand what was going on a little more than a typical Nickelodeon audience could. I recently saw the five-part Pilot Ep again, and while there were a few guns drawn, none were fired. Even while I was watching it, I was saying to myself, 'this is/was a Nick show - no one can die'. took some of the suspense out of it. At the same time, they had the bumbling scientist trying to catch them. This was the formula of a number of Nick Sci-Fi shows, Alex Mack and Allen Strange being two that jump out. Maybe I can't blame Nickelodeon for this 'cuz the BBC produced it (I think - def wasn't stateside).

Many people have stated that the 70's version was the better of the two series. maybe 'the vanishing earth' was a poor example, or maybe it was so painfully 70's that it was distracting, but no matter which way you slice it the original TTP episode I saw was a bit...noncontiguous. they seemed to jump around alot and made it difficult to figure out who was doing what - it seemed overcomplicated and a bit drawn out (think 2001: a space odyssey).

Anywho, I def liked the show and would like to see more eps of it...maybe an '06 reboot? worth getting the DVD set if you grab 'em at a good price!
  • Should have been on longer...

Although the show had a very short run, I must say that this was one of the best series on Nickelodeon. Very creative, very interesting show. I couldn't wait for each new episode. There were some awkward things about the show, like how they ended up in the ocean when they got teleported, but on the whole it was awesome.