A The Tomorrow People Community
The CW (ended 2014)
The CW has capitalized on the insult to its audience that is The 100 - quite literally the most transparently idiotic storytelling this side of Battlefield Earth---by pitting it against The Tomorrow People, a show that did not start well... but that, by anyone's estimation, has steadily improved from episode-to-episode (and never began, like The 100 has, by proudly presenting the middle-finger to anyone with a brain).

The Tomorrow People made a fatal mistake in not bringing the murky morality of Ultra and Jedikiah to the foreground with an initial, gripping story-arc - a mistake that has, much to my regret, likely cost us the potential I believe this show could have attained given time.

However: The CW has made a fatal and costly mistake in expecting profitable returns on the high-budget, unlikeable, absurdly terrible and sure-to-swiftly-fade The 100 in its place.

Place bets on your disagreements below: Next year, I look forward to being proven right.
127 Comments
Comments (127)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
love the 100 i think the tomorrow people has better actors and i started enjoying the tomorrow people only to hear that the idiots cancelled it coz they listend to idiots that dont event watch tv
Flag
Funny story: I pulled a complete 180 on the 100---it is now one of my favourite shows. I refer people to this post so they can see how wrong one can be making an early snap judgment of a show :)
Flag
Thanks for the post Eunomiac, esp for the "middle finger"! Right on the nose. Making the science in 100 not so stupid that it is literally a fuck you to anyone with primary school level in science would have cost nothing! People cannot "evolve" significantly in what 75 years?
You can't adapt to radiation, nor can you lose your immune system by living in a cave for two generations. You can't be on a space station with radiation sensors, cameras, computers etc and not be able to assess radiation levels AT ALL even if it's by watching herds of animals through a telescope....you can't have tech that allows vitals to be transmitted to the station but not audio....good lord it is dumb beyond dumb..... That is all.
Flag
Actually, I've, uhm, kinda come full-circle on the 100. Would you believe me if I told you it's now one of my favorite shows? ;) The twisted plotting, great characters, dark and unrelenting grittiness and solid acting won me over in spades :)
Flag
I liked both shows but to be honest I like the 100 better because it is fast paced. It isn't quality acting or even logical but it is a good guilty pleasure that hasn't taken itself too seriously. The Tomorrow People is more of a disappointment because it had so much potential and than backed away, it left its most interesting story aspects become side tracked for a long time (John and Jedikiah) and waited way too long to introduce an actual big bad. It is unfortunate I would have appreciated if it got an extra season to really prove itself, but alas tv people need to be on the ball, we all know how quickly shows get axed if they aren't intriguing right off the bat. It is sad but we live in an instant gratification based society, you have to dive right in and save the development for the middle episodes.
Flag
My vote goes to The Tomorrow's People (too bad I have zero sway in TV pickups). It's just was more likeable and enjoyable.
Flag
Honestly I think that overall, I would much rather have the Tomrrow people over the 100.

Tomorrow people started off as basically a carbon copy but it improved greatly over it. Sadly the finale did revolve back to one of the worst problems of the show: Chosen one plots should not be used on anything other than kids shows and giving Stephen even more absurd powers was terrible.

The 100 on the other hand is just getting worse. It gets more and more boring to the point I really can't bare to watch it. The kids on the planet make no sense nor are the people on the ship.
For example, in the last episode they had Ian Cusic confronted by the people on the ship who lost their loved ones asking why nobody told them about the kids and they let people die. Seriously? A politician can't come up with a quick answer? Let alone that the quickest answer was the actual truth.
The kids were taking their bands off so they thought the planet was out of reach.

Moreover, if TTP has issues with chosen plots, the 100 is 100 times worst as Clark is in fact the absolute goddess of perfect to the point I want to vommit.
She is always right, always knows everything from survival to planning, crowd control and what not. It's absurd and stupid.

The 100 had a more original premise, or more precisely a less done to the death premise and surely one better than "mutants with super powers being hunted down" but it missed its mark by miles.
More+
Flag
I like both shows but after the tomorrow peoples finale i would choose that over the 100. Saying that why not keep both shows when there are other shows on the roster that can be scrapped for example beauty and the beast, the carrie diaries, hart of Dixie and even star-crossed and to be honest really cant seem supernatural bloodlines taking off even though i'm a huge supernatural fan.
Flag
After 7 episodes , the 100 is many times better than TP after the same number of episodes. And thats a fact.
Flag
why do people cosntantly think that if they add "thats a fact" it actually makes something as such?
Flag
It doesn't "make it' , it just states the obvious.
Flag
The fact it, it doesn't. And that's a fact.
Flag
As a big fan of the original Tomorrow People (yes I am that old !!) I was really hoping that this show was going to be great, but, I have to say I am disappointed it started off ok but the big problem is that Stephen is just boring and stupid. However, The 100 has so far impressed me. It may be because 13 episodes allows for tighter stories and plots than trying to stretch for 22. If they had to cancel one then I am afraid it has to be the Tomorrow People that would have to go
Flag
"It's too early to judge, it's just started" is becoming a common refrain, which I'd like to address.

That might be a valid reason to give a show like The Tomorrow People time to "find its wings", because The Tomorrow People had a stable premise---which is to say, there was nothing fundamentally wrong with framework, setup or foundations upon which the show was built.

My point here is that the opposite is true of The 100: It is fundamentally flawed, and this is why judgment after "only two episodes" is most certainly not premature: Fundamental, load-bearing ideas that are essential to the entire concept behind the show are rooted in irredeemable, transparent idiocy. Normally, I'd say "oh, let them have their conceits---it's harmless fun!" However, the idiocy in this show is entirely unnecessary: it smacks of sloppy, lazy, uncaring writing. The 100 could have been better, and should have been better.

Back to the "too early to judge" argument: The future potential of any show is irrelevant if it lacks a steady foundation from which that potential can grow. The Tomorrow People may have started off as a shoddily-built, roughly-conceived castle, but at least it was built on solid ground. Conversely, the 100 may have started off as a prettier castle... but it's been carelessly built on quicksand. Future episodes can add all the candelabras, tapestries and crenellations they want, but nothing will change the fact that the whole thing was doomed from the start by the weight of its own absurdity.
More+
Flag
The 100 will be renewed. The Tomorrow People will not. It doesn't mean that one show is better than the other, it means that more people, specifically more people ages 18-49, watch The 100 than The Tomorrow People.
I have watched both episodes so far of The 100 and I really enjoy the show. I did not however watch the Tomorrow People. Its premise did not really interest me, and its trailer didn't change my mind.
Flag
Watched 100 and I DON'T LIKE IT!!! The Tomorrow People is a way BETTER show than 100 is. And you can't really tell how a show will do base on 1 season of it. The 1st season is to get to know the characters, what relationships there are and how strangers can become friends, etc. Then the 2nd season you get into more in depth of the characters and relationships. I'll watch The Tomorrow People more than I will the 100. They need to start considering adding how many people watch it on the CW site, other countries and Amazon.com not just from the TV and DVR's.
Flag
I watched two episodes from ''The 100'' and It's like I'm watching a very bad version of the ''Lord of the flies'' but, it just started so who knows.... I thought ''The Tomorrow People'' was crap at first, and now I kinda like it...
Flag
Wow, a little harsh I think.
But your own admission, The Tomorrow People did not start well and did take a good number of episodes to demonstrate its ability to entertain. The 100 has only had about 3 episodes to air so far. Might be a little early to compare it to something that has been around for a full season.
Give it a chance, and it might in fact turn around. Plus there is a lot of other very low brow television out there.
Flag
Agree with the sentiment. 'Tomorrow People' adding Simon Merrils to the mix and continuing to correct narrative problems has made it very good. Its strong now but its going to be one or the other and '100' is getting better numbers despite fact that move to Monday really helped 'TP' and is getting the best Monday 9pm numbers in coveted demos in years. Last show to do as well was the series finale of 'Gossip Girl'. I think '100' is a little bit better than your comments insinuate but it isn't near as good as the now running smoothly 'Tomorrow People'. You can't come out of the gate slow at all anymore and that is a shame for this show that has gotten much better.
Flag
The TTP is getting better, while The 100 is just plain senseless ..send a bunch of idiot teenagers to earth on a mission for the survival of mankind, while the adults on the space station kill their their own, to preserve resources. Then throw in an awful lot of laughable plots and some Smallville and The Vampire Diaries teenage love music to it ....ugh!! Frankly, I don't know which is worst, the kids or the adults? If you are 12 years and younger, you may enjoy it!
Flag
The Tomorrow People is getting really good and I'm only slightly interested in The 100. That interest is only there to fill the void Psych left and since the only other show I watch on Wed. is The Soup. Anyone have some other suggestions?
Flag
I haven't watched the 100 yet, but I think you're right about it being the end for TTP. During the early part of season 1, I was close to giving up on TTP, but I stuck it out. They really need to get rid of Cara and Stephen. In fact, it'd be really interesting to see more of when John worked for Ultra, and his and Jed's relationship, which continues to be one of the most interesting parts of the whole show. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting a second season to improve itself.
Flag
I have watched the first two episodes of The 100 already, and they were very bad. First of all, the script writers put too much in those episodes, not letting the story to unfold nicely. It reminds me of "The Cult", which could have been an excellent show, but ended storry relling just literally killed it. Second of all, there was hardly any logic in those two episodes. This is a capital sin, I am affraid. The shows target audience must be teenagers, but the logic served is at a 10-year-old level. The 10-year-old logic applies to everyting: the motivations, the action results and so on. If The 100 does not change, I don't think it will survive, even though it has some aspects that could be appealing to teenage audience. Anyway it is a way to stupid to become a family show.
Flag
Really? My impression of Ultra during the pilot was exactly that: Murky morality. How did you see it differently?

In fact, one (of many) of my complaints about TTP is that they revealed Ultra and the uncle as bad/murky too soon. Much better for Steve to start out admiring and trusting Ultra and slowly figuring out they were the bad guys.

You know what show did that amazingly well? Alias. Sydney worked for (what was it called? Section 30?) for quite a while, thinking she was working for the US government and then slowly began to wonder. It was gripping.

But, TTP just slapped up upside the head with it in the pilot.

I do agree, though that The 100 had a TON of problems with its pilot -- see what I did there? :)
Flag
sd6
Flag
That's right! Now THERE was a show that knew how to introduce a bad guy/organization.
Flag
I haven't gotten around to checking out The 100 yet, but whether it's good, okay, bad, or the worst show to hit TV in the last decade it would have no effect on the fact that I can't stand TTP. I gave TTP a shot, a good one at that, but the acting is so horrendous I can't get past it. Peyton List's acting is so bad it makes me cringe, literally, when she's on screen. Robbie Amell was NOT ready for his own show. Being the Old Navy working, quirky idiot on 1600 Penn was more up his alley. Or even Scooby on HIMYM, but not leading man in a drama material.
Flag
I actually don't have much problem with any of the acting. But, I really, really hate the writing. Characters make very stupid decisions for no reasonable justification. And, the use of these awesome powers is so poorly chosen and inconsistent, I can't stand it.

They can teleport, so why are they always running away? They can teleport, so why are they picking locks. Steven can STOP TIME and yet he constantly gets in trouble or puts himself in danger where stopping time could totally solve his problem.

And they showed he has the ability to use his powers even in rooms inside Ultra where that was supposed to be impossible, yet he's constantly undone by v-chips.

It's all just too stupid for me to enjoy. The acting is first class by comparison.
Flag
you sound super bitter man, chill. no cw show should make you have such strong feelings for it and this is coming from someone who practically watches every show they put out there. i'll save you the effort they are all bad they always are and thats the fun of it.
Flag
TTP improve, no it hasn't, Payton still can't act, and neither can most of the other so called actors, Ultra is still the most unoriginal secret organisation ever and frankly the only good part is the computer voice, everything else could be scrapped, in fact have the founder go on a killing spree and kill all of the ultra agents and then kill every one last one of the sewer rats as well. Now that would be a brilliant final ep, even good enough to bring it back for season 2 with a whole new cast, which is what this show needs, along with a clear out in the writing department.

I think The 100 has got more potential , acting and casting are better and I been wanting a story about people rebuilding the world for a while. Yes the world building has been poor but then that generally been the case in scifi for a while.
Flag
Yeah,I think I understand what you mean about a nice show about rebuilding the earth. The problem with The 100 is that its story telling is so poor that it reminds fairy tails for five-year-olds. It still may change, but I may not have the patience to wait long for it to happen.
Flag
I actually suspect the Flash is more a death knell to the Tomorrow People than the 100. The Flash and the Tomorrow People seem to be too close to share the same network. And given the casting and the fact that the people who run Arrow are being more trusted than even the people behind the Vampire Diaries by the network, I think that is more in danger. I suspect that the 100 and the Tomorrow People, if it survives, might be the CW's foray into the thirteen episode seasons and share a time slot, which might be the Monday at nine since I figure the Flash will get the post Arrow slot.
Flag
the 100 had a good premise, but it has so many flaws..

too many cliche characters the good/bad/ love sick puppy dog,/ bitch/ the posh snob/ the crazy/.

they should've waited a few more episodes before giving us the hints on the 'big bads/ grounders'

yep even with artificial gravity their bones would be weak/brittle,

that lad who got speared should've died, chest wound that was deep enough to make him bleed would surely of broken his ribs/chest bone and probably damaged his heart/lungs..

people in a drop ship release their seatbelts and the first guy some how survives with no injury but two die ?

ttp has way more going for it than this crap. hell even revolution is better than 100..
Flag
I think it showed the first guy getting back in his seat just in time. But, I agree with the rest of what you said.
Flag
well i don't think he did make it he tried but was thrown around the cabin, and some people just happened to hold on to him :P
Flag
The 100 was a great concept but the teenie moron meter is off-scale. My wife watches stuff on ABC family that I can't stomach for 10s and still couldn't get through this one. Apparently being at 0g for 100 years does something pretty awful to the gene pool. I'm giving it 4 episodes but I'm not that optimistic because it feels like they were going for stupid and feel like they hit the mark.
Flag

They have artificial gravity on the space station. So it isn't 0g and at least some research points to humans being able to adapt fairly easily from 0.3 to 1g environment with little to long term effects.
Flag
I think you were taking him a little too literally there.
Flag
ok now it just seems like your hating on a good show like the 100. It just started and you not even giving it a chance. I fell like the second episode really got me hooked on wanting to know more about whats going to happen.

TTP has gotten better over the last few episodes but as of right now The 100 is becoming to be the better show just by jumping straight to the gun.

The main bad guy Octavia;s brother i think is the kind of like able/ hate able villian because he will do anything to protect his sister and is still mysterious as to why he really is doing what he is doing.

Your just hating on a good show and not giving it a chance. How about givign it 3 or 4 episodes to see where it goes before bashing it before it can even get off the ground as a truly good reviewer should
Flag
How is this hating? It is an opinion, a review. Not fair using words like this just because you disagree.

I think it is clear a lot of people think the first episode was terrible. Maybe it will get better, but that doesn't change that opinion of the first episode.

I'm guessing you are new here. Many of the pro reviewers will give good or bad reviews of first episodes. Because that is their opinion.

For what it is worth, the reason I believe the first episode was terrible was the complete lack of original story. Bad, controlling leaders, rebellious teenagers, huge lack of common sense in the characters actions (due to bad writing), and the completely ridiculous aspect of the teens adapting so quickly to Earth (which would have been an alien world to them).

It is not about hating, it is about giving opinions. And in my opinion, Tomorrow People is not great, but The 100 is the worst sci fi based pilot I think I have even seen.
Flag
Now your just saying dumb stuff because it is not the worst SCi-fi pilot that has been done. Come on now lets not be exstreme and spat out ridulous stuff because you didnt feel the first episode
Flag
It would be better to take the playground attitude somewhere else. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. When you are older I hope you learn this because it will be better for you.

Enjoy the show and lets not waste more comment space with this.
Flag
To be honest with you I am so starved for scifi shows I am watching both of these shows and I am 62 years old not a teenager! I just have to hope the Nielsen people watch them too so I can still see them or the networks will cancel them because those are the only people that count to them.
Flag
Oh, man do I hear you! Here are a few suggestions for shows you might want to check out, if you haven't already:

- Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
- Orphan Black
- Firefly
- Continuum
- Dollhouse

... I've no doubt you've seen at least a few of those, but wanted to mention the big ones in case you hadn't!
Flag
Since Diane_AZ's avatar is 6 from BSG I'm hoping she's seen it :-) to that end, I couldn't agree more with your selections!!!

I would add Haven to that list. I'm a sucker for that show!
and Warehouse 13, even though it's about to start the last few eps until the series ends it's still worth it!!!
Flag
An what should people like me do, who have literally watched everything, even Dollhouse, such a promising concept let down by piss poor execution and show runner having far to much loyalty for his own friends.
Flag
I agree about Dollhouse. That show had execution problems from the get-go. And no offense to Eliza Dushku fans....but I don't see her having the acting range necessary to carry a show.
Flag
and with two exceptions the rest got cancelled/axed/ended.
Flag
"Next year, I look forward to being proven right."

What would prove you right?
Flag
Maybe he's trying to prove something really difficult, like water being wet
Flag
Well, I just wondered if The 100 being cancelled next year would be proof. That would seem to depend on what it's up against next year, which a lot of time is the deciding factor. Or if it keeps going. Or what. It wasn't very clear.
Flag
So much fun in watching the different ideas. In some way they have the same audience, but 'The 100'makes it more visible.

If you are
  • a fourteen year old female
  • that enjoys the fact that youngsters at the end of their twenties are playing kids ten years younger (everyone is supposed to be younger then 18)
  • that kids of 17 years old sometimes have the wisdom as if they're in their thirties and sometimes act like they're under ten
  • someone who doesn't mind the logic of anything
  • thinks the romance in the story is more important than anything else
  • believe that most adults are idiots or power hungry except for the parents of the heroes within the children's group.
you are a 'The 100' fan and will keep watching.

'The Tomorrow People' has almost the same issues, but has a framework that is a bit more acceptable. Most of the story at least is logical within the framework we know or are presented with in the show.

'The 100' is completely off and is not concerned with any logic at all. I stopped watching it after two episodes and am still watching 'the Tomorrow people'(although I would have stopped if it weren't so near the season finale). So my voice goes to 'The Tomorrow People"as I think I have some grey cells that are still working. Watching another episode of 'the 100"might have caused a breakdown of my brain.

More+
Flag
i love this show and hope despite your comments it continues!
Flag
I agree Eunomiac about the new show.

The 100 made Tomorrow People seem like a high quality show.
Flag
The 100 would be great if it wasn't for all the teen drama emoness
Flag
Actually not having anyone with a background in science on the team is the biggest problem, one of the greatest assets of STNG was having a team of scientists actually looking over the story and making sure there wasn't anything to out languish in there, okay occasionally it seems those scientists were vanquish to the outside room.
An other problem was having a space station that clearly was slap together by CGI artists and one who didn't clear to do much research into how it should be design.
Flag
Not having anyone with a background in science on the team is the show biggest problem. One of the greatest assets of STNG has was having a team of scientists, looking over the story and making sure there wasn't anything too out languish science wise in there, okay occasionally it seems those scientists were removed from the room.
Another problem was having a space station that clearly was slap together by CGI artists and one who didn't care much about the show to put some time into researching into how such a station would be designed.
Flag
I'm curious, did you dictate that post with something like Dragon Naturally Speaking?
Flag
No, even without any of the teen drama emo-ness, the 100 would be terrible. In fact, that's probably the third-biggest problem with it.

The second-biggest problem is the sheer unlikeability of the two earthbound villains---the guy with the gun and his henchman. Villains have to be likeable on some level; at least to the degree of "love to hate them". But those two are so utterly uncharismatic that I honestly felt a visceral urge to punch them every time they entered the frame.

But the biggest problem, by far, is the mind-numbing absurdity of just about every single plot point the show throws at us. Bracelets that can transmit real-time medical data, but weren't outfitted with a geiger counter... when radiation is the biggest question on everyone's minds. The idea that most of the kids can be perfectly healthy, while others are "dropping dead" out of nowhere somehow convinces the adults that a global blanket of radiation is killing them all. Impaling someone through the chest with a four-inch wide spear, then dragging them through the jungle being cured with a poultice.

It is simply impossible to point to the Tomorrow People and identify anywhere near the same degree of hilarious, lazy and inexcusable idiocy.
More +
Flag
Hah! Too funny. I didn't even consider that the bracelets should be able to read radiation levels. That's a HUGE plot hole and I'm pretty upset that didn't make it to my list of things that bugged me about the show.
Flag
Really ? you are gonna call The 100 a crminally stupid show , while praising something as dumb since day one as Tomorrow People ? It improved but after quite a few cringe worthy episodes , and after finally dropping the pretense that Jedekiah wouldnt know his nephew is cozy with the rebels . Why couldnt the 100 , with a still initially better pilot and concept improve as well ?
Flag
Because The 100 is so full of logical absurdity that no amount of plot-spinning in episodes-to-come could possibly redeem it. Did they forget how to make geiger counters in the future... while crafting bracelets that can transmit real-time medical data into orbit? Impaled through the torso by a four-inch-wide spear being fixed by a poultice? The majority-opinion on the space station thinking that radiation is killing everyone, despite not one symptom of radiation poisoning and most of the kids being perfectly healthy, while a minority of them are "dropping dead" out of nowhere?

This is tragically dumb. The Tomorrow People had its faults---it's definitely one of the CW's weaker shows, don't get me wrong---but The 100 is an insult.
Flag
It possible that the crew on the space station didn't have access to the elements needed to build geiger counters, argon, neon, or helium or other elements needed to geiger counters, prosperous I believe.

Flag
That's a fair point. But we expect writers of SciFi to explain things that might be considered plot holes. One line on the station would have solved it: "Damn. If only we'd had the materials to build a geiger counter into these bracelets, we'd know for sure."
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
It had more than "its faults" . It had equally baffling and insulting plots . The difference is it had enough eps on air to at least display some improvements . But let's not even pretend it was better by ep two .

I dont like "the 100" and its abysmal mix of Lord of the Flies with the old "Earth 2" tv show ... but it could as easily evolve and get better . if it doesnt screw it anyway
Flag
It only has 2 episodes, is absurd to judge the show at this point.
Flag
Well I usually agree, even with 2 episodes I fell comfortable saying that if only one could be renewed the Tomorrow People is the better show. Even 2 episodes give a pretty good idea where a show like this is going.
Flag
Tmorrow people could be a better show, if they sack the entire cast and the writing crew and bring in a whole new team.
Flag
I watch both but I would say that the Tomorrow People is definitely NOT the better show.
Flag
So what do you want to do then?
Flag
Rant on the internet, obviously.
Flag
When i first saw the 100 trailer.. i honestly thought its going to suck. but after watching the pilot & Ep02 I liked 'The 100' because its' story has much potential. it is full of mysteries AND it is a different genre/storyline than other CW shows i watch (Arrow, Originals, Vampire diaries, Supernatural..etc)
who knows.. like Tomorrow people this show also might become better & better by each episode..
lets give "CW" the opportunity to amaze us :D
Flag
For me, it was the opposite. The trailer gave me the impression of being something good (Better than The Tomorrow People or Star Crossed at least), but I haven't been impressed so far.
Flag
I watched the first episode of the 100 and turned it off around 40 minutes in. Just can't take that much teenage 'rebellion' nonsense.
Flag
Teens need boundaries: otherwise their stories are plain boring.

Give me a bunch of middle age men fighting their natural limits, rival Houses, the survival of their families and I'm game. A bunch of vampires/superpowered/alien teens doing everyting they wanted? I'm bored.
Flag
Yeah, Lord of the Flies, the worlds most boring book
Flag
Almost everything they make you read in high school is either boring or depressing. I read Lord of the Flies in grade 9. Hated it.
Flag
When was it about teenagers? Most important: when did they got to do everything the wanted?
Flag
I don't think all these teens have got everything they wanted.
Flag
At least give 'The 100' the four episode test, I like it personally. You're meant to hate the majority of the characters (i hope), the problem I find with it is that it is on the wrong channel, somewhere like Showtime or HBO or even AMC would have meant they could slow down the plot for character development as there's no 'appeal to the demographics' kind of shit.

The pilot needed to be slowed right the fuck down, too much plot point, quick to the next plot point, plot point, plot point, plot point; you get the drift.

I'd say stick with it, only if you are actually meant to hate all but two or three characters, if you're not then Jesus Christ that's some bad writing!
Flag
The slowing down is always going to be problematic for pilots, there are always 372 very,very important things that the audience has to be told in the opening 30 minutes to set the background.
Flag
Is the Tomorrow People renewed ?
Flag
Not yet I don't think.
Flag
An probably won't be given it ratings.
Flag
I've watched the 2 episodes so far and 'The 100' not great storytelling by ANY stretch of imagination, honestly kill all the child characters off' and be done with it and move on CW.
Flag
The tomorrow people has come leaps and bounds getting stronger each episode, and for me I instantly fell in love with the character of John in the pilot and loved him ever since, where the 100 still has me on the fence about all the characters, there hasn't been one stand out person that I could grab onto in the pilot maybe with the exception of Octavia maybe.
Flag
Yes, I almost gave up after episode 2 of TTP but it has actually become quite compelling as of late. Still wish they'd cast someone other than Robbie Amell in the title role. Being pretty doesn't make up for lack of acting range. (Which could also be applied to his cousin, Arrow). The rest of the cast, Pelligrino in particular, are more than competent for this sort of show.

Flag
Very true a different leading man would have made the show tree time what it is now, as a very very very big fan of arrow and it beautiful casting (Oliver Queen) Stevens cute with some acting talent and Oliver is drop dead yummy with amazing talent.
Flag
No. Not talent. Just sex appeal. Which is enough if that's what you are going for. I'm not a purist, just a realist. The Amell boys have none ... talent that is. I still like them, but they can't tell me where to go.
Flag
:) every body has different opinions, I love sex appeal
Flag
I can't disagree about THE 100. Vacuous, predictable, pointless and terribly, terribly DULL. THE TOMORROW PEOPLE is improving and the latest episode which looked like an ARROW crossover (people with three or four psychic powers can be superheroes! Who knew?) kicked it off in yet another interesting direction with Jedikiah emerging as a grey area character rather than a moustache-twirling villain. Dump THE 100 because no-one is going to watch it past the first episode (and even that was a struggle between my sense of duty and the instincts in my thumb that control the remote control.
Flag
"Dump THE 100 because no-one is going to watch it past the first episode "
bet you $1,000,000,000,000 that you're wrong about this
Flag
I'd like to see you put that money on the table first. THE TOMORROW PEOPLE, rather like the film JUMPER, started with a good set of ideas and a pedigree that reached back to the original British series for kids. ARROW has huge themes for a prime-time, non-WIRE-type TV series involving a silly premise ie superheroes. LOST had way too much back-story and eventually imploded under its own mythology but it was fascinating. HEROES didn't know where it was going but it was never short of ideas. The opposite of all this is THE 100, a one-trick pony in which three of the legs have been shot off before the story ever started. THE 100 is low-budget HUNGER GAMES stripped of every detail that makes that ridiculous premise almost believable (ie the satire on "reality" tv, the subtext of rich vs poor etc) aside from the insanity of dumping 100 kids on a supposedly-radioactive Earth when there are not enough humans left to make a viable population in the first place. The very premise makes no sense. They can stick a bunch of orbital stations into one huge space station but not send drones with geiger counters down to the surface? They couldn't monitor what's happening on the ground when even today satellites can track individual people for the good ol NSA and they've managed to miss the people still down there? None of it makes sense and the laziness of the writing, not to mention the stupidity of the premise, is palpable in just one episode. I think my money is safe.
More +
Flag
So is all that a very long winded and boring way of saying that you are too big a chicken to accept the bet?
Flag
If you are oh so brave, then why won't you back your own opinions? Or do you think your opinions are worth less than a cent?
As for being in a bedroom in my parent's house, prove it. 1 cent says you can't or have you got a set of weak-knees over that opinion as well?
Flag
Hiding behind my own face and with a presence in the world where I've been appearing in front of audiences for about 35 years? Playing leading parts in stage plays and musicals and some films and TV instead of sending out dumb remarks from your bedroom in your parent's house? Now you've just stopped making sense entirely. Still if that's your definition of a neverwas at least I was out there trying and still am. You'd be too scared to try so you'll never be anything. Sad to be you.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3157472/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1 although that's just film. I'm mostly a stage actor. For all the other stuff go to www.johnmanganmedia.co.uk . Like I said my face and name are on display and I stand behind everything I say, unlike you, "Gully". You really are so dumb you don't know when to stay down when you've had your ass whipped.
Flag
You could have made the bet for one dollar, but if you want to make the bet for one trillion dollars that's fine I accept. So you now owe one trillion dollars to any chairty of your choosing. If you want to back out and just admit you're wrong that's fine with me, but welching on a bet and depriving a charity of money is just all kinds of low and pathetic.

"I don't need a lesson in courage from a bore who hides his face behind Martin Sheen's "

And I'm supposed to believe that you're a writer, producer, director and actor?? ha, haha, hahahahahahahahahahaha.

If you really are him them you shouldn't have any problems coming up with the trillion dollars you owe to charity.

As for not having Gully's "abilities" I'd have to disagree, being able to transform yourself beyond other people's expectations is a tremendous ability.
Flag
Now you're just getting tiresome. You have a trillion dollars to give to charity? No, of course not so grow up. You're clearly missing the glory days of stealing lunch money and jamming geeks' heads in their locker doors. You were mildly entertaining the first time but now you sound like a drunk jock in a sports bar in the middle of a one horse town. I don't need a lesson in courage from a bore who hides his face behind Martin Sheen's and his identity behind Alfred Bester's character Gully Foyle from THE STARS MY DESTINATION. Since you don't have Gully's abilities remember the description of him when we first meet him: "an uneducated, unskilled, unambitious man whose life is at a dead end".
Flag
Guess the answer to the question of you being a huge chicken is a resounding yes.

But I'm generous and I'll make it easy on you; make the same bet for any amount of money that you like, with the money going to any charity of your choosing. So have you got the balls to accept now or you going to deprive a charity of much needed money?

Flag
First sentence. Last sentence. That'll make it easy for you. People watching because they want to win a bet isn't a fan base. People are watching REIGN which I struggled to watch but I got through the pilot, like THE 100, but never again. The test isn't your imaginary schoolyard bet ("I bet you a million, trillion, gillion dollars") but if it gets renewed for a second season or even makes it to the end of the first. I can't tell if it's improving because it lost me on the first episode and life's too short to watch this when there is so much better stuff out there right now.
Flag
Eunomiac, what trap? If someone is going to make huge claims then they should be prepared to back them up, and claiming to know what the entire population of the planet is going to do, counts as huge in my book.
If someone proposes a bet it's very simple either it's a "yes, I accept" or "no, I'm big fat chicken" and right now John seems to be getting ready to lay an egg. Of course he thinks his money is safe because he's not prepared to risk to back up his claim, that's how much faith he has in his own opinions. But instead of conceding that's he wrong John tries to throw up a smoke screen. Guess what? Not that easily fooled, not even on 1st April.
Forget about John's comments being hyperbolic they are more like hyperbollocks.
Flag
You're deliberately setting a trap by interpreting his hyperbole literally. I think he just assumed you were aware of how silly that was, and chose to skip straight to the underlying issues governing the relative profitability of various franchises.

Apparently, he assumed too much.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members