A The Tomorrow People Community
The CW (ended 2014)

Are you a new show on The CW? Then congratulations, you received a full-season order today! The youth-skewing superhero-centric vampire-heavy masturbating-in-a-stairwell-favoring network didn't play favorites today, asking for 22 episodes each (presumably—the press release didn't specify) of The Originals, Reign, and The Tomorrow People. Basically, every new show the network debuted this fall. 

Of the three, The Originals—which as we all know is a spin-off of The CW's megahit* The Vampire Diaries, was the shooest of ins; the show is averaging 2.7 million viewers and a 1.3 rating among the 18-49 crowd. The Tomorrow People (2.4 million, 0.9) and Reign (2.1 million, 0.8) weren't nearly as safe, but The CW figured they're doing well enough that they deserve to live through the spring. Overall, The CW has seen a nine-percent increase in total viewers year-over-year, and a 50-percent jump in digital streaming of its shows, with 40 percent of its entire audience coming from online streams. The youth of today will kill the television set! 

(*Mega is a relative term here.)  

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/5/2014

Season 1 : Episode 22

126 Comments
Comments (126)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Reign is surprisingly great. It's one of the best new shows on TV.
Flag
Delighted about The Tomorrow People and The Originals! Reign has never appealed to me due to my weird but consistent dislike of period dramas (or pretty much any show set in the past).
Flag
I hope the Reign and The Tomorrow People shows stick around this year and next one! :)
Flag
I'm stoked about The Originals & Tomorrow People. Reign I couldn't care less about. It's just not my type of thing
Flag
I guess I'm excited for Te Originals although I currently watch it whilst doing other things (playing Candy Crush). I like the Tomorrow People and give it my full attention for the time being.
Flag
Doesn't the CW usually renew everything at least once?
Flag
Staff
The corpses of Runaway, Life is Wild, Hidden Palms, Cult, Emily Owens, M.D., Privileged, Easy Money, Valentine, The Beautiful Life, and the below mentioned The Secret Circle claw out of their graves to claim renewal brains.
Flag
Irrational response from The Secret Circle faniacs in 3,2,1...
Flag
Most excited is relative. Since I knew The Originals was going to be picked up anyway, I guess I'm most excited for Reign? Yeah.
Flag
What! What! What! Reign is picked up for a full season? But but but The 100 should have replaced it! It's ratings are the worst of all Tues-Thurs CW shows, and it has the biggest lead-in on the CW.
Flag
Staff
Seems more likely they would've plugged Star-Crossed in Reign's slot, saved The 100 for the post-Arrow spot.
Flag
Awesome news! I'm really loving The Originals, definitely the cw's best new show, and The Tomorrow People is quite good.
I'm not watching Reign so that one I couldn't care less.
Flag
I am totally in love with Reign. I am from Sweden so we don't get it here I have to stream it. But it is a GREAT show. I don't know the history behind it which is kinda interesting. I have been hoping that they would get a full season so that people would get a chance to "jump onboard".
Flag
Reign is actually quite good.
Flag
I'm really enjoying The Originals, but I've only seen the first two episode of The Tomorrow People, and only the first of Reign.

Can anyone tell me if the other two are worth sticking with?
Flag
Didnt watch reign so cant comment. But i did stick with The Tomorrow People and recent 2 ep was quite good
Flag
Reign is a very good show. Just don't expect it to be a history lesson and you'll be fine. Queen Mary is a breath of fresh air when it comes to TV heroines. She's headstrong and smart; qualities that serve her well in the French court where treachery and politics surround her. It's also a beautiful show to watch. You can easily lose your thoughts while admiring the scenery. The costumes aren't historically accurate but they are gorgeous. The four episodes thus far have all been great and definitely worth sticking around for.
Flag
Reign is good. I am enjoying every episode. It just keeps getting better and better :) I lost interest in the tomorrow people after the first three episodes.
Flag
Poll

Flag
The only way Reign should get more shows is if the guitar "player" on the soundtrack has his guitar locked away where he can't find it. Ear-bleedingly awful...
Flag
The originals is great, but we all knew that it would get picked up.
THANK GOD Reign got picked up. That news just made my day, I initially thought the show was going to be stupid, but it has me completely hooked and is my number 1 show each week. So so happy.

Don't care about the tomorrow people, that didn't meet my expectations. Thank you to the CW for giving shows a chance!
Flag
The Originals is great, better than TVD really, because the originals themselves always were the best characters in TVD in the first place.

Reign really surprised me, I was instantly hooked in this silly fairytale that's pretending to be history. Great stuff. And great news that these two shows are continuing, they're both in my currently airing top5.

Tomorrow People was pretty meh, even though I am a big scifi/superhero fan. I think I'll check out the original rather than stick with this American version.
Flag
Yay for more Reign!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
couldn't* care less
Flag
HAHA THANKS MATE. No idea what i was thinking when i wrote that
Flag
The Originals is good, 4/5 rating for my 4 Episode Test despite a poor pilot episode, but The Tomorrow People failed to make an impression with me - 2/5 so I dropped it. I was going to watch the four episodes of Reign but I watched the 1st couple of episodes of Community two days ago when I needed cheering up, next thing I know it's two days later and I've marathon-ed through all four seasons and I'm behind on everything else (except The Walking Dead, obviously).
Flag
seems sound enough in reasoning but I still find the tomorrow people is a little forced feeling.. and watching two Amells back to back with the whole "I am blah blah and this is my thing" spiel makes it harder too.
Flag
I need a fourth option of None of the Above. But maybe this will give the writers of Tomorrow People enough time to sort out their troubles. Because they have troubles!!!
Flag
very excited and happy about all three shows. mostly The Originals because...........Klaus and Elijah. but Reign and the Tomorrow People are good too, i enjoy them all. but mostly The Originals because...........Klaus and Elijah.
Flag
LOL who doubted The Originals?!
Flag
Yaye Reign!! Can't wait for Queen Elizabeth!!
Flag
Yay more Reign! That's the one I'm most excited about :D The Originals was a given.
Flag
"The youth of today will kill the television set!" I'm ready for the new civil war if that happens, haha. Although maybe I won't have to worry since it's practically a Logan's Run society and I'll be offed. :P
Flag
I am excited* to see The Originals among the three.

(*Excited is a relative term here)
Flag
I'm glad to see a network at least give their investment a chance to build an audience. But I still think Robbie Amell needs more acting lessons. I would like to see more of John in tomorrow people.
Flag
John is the more stand out character and deserves more screen time, maybe I'm just bias considering I live in Australia.
Flag
Naah I live in India and feel the same way :)
Flag
Well, that wasn't patronizing at all.
I am a guy who really likes The Tomorrow People.
Flag
Fantastic more of klaus, Bash and John.
Flag
Amazing news! I'm not up to date with the Originals but the few episodes I have watched so far are full of potential and it is nice to see the characters continue to grow. I find the Originals way more engaging and cohesive then the Vampire Diaries!

And super excited about Reign. Mary is the most compelling new heroine on tv this year. She is smart, capable, and compassionate. I am already impressed with how she has shown growth episode to episode. And let's not forget the amazingness of sexy princes, political intrigue, hipster Nostradamous, the most gorgeous ball gowns/outfits on tv this season, and a fancy ball every episode. I repeat a fancy ball EVERY episode.
Flag
Long may she reign!
Flag
The sexy vampire show that's like the other sexy vampire show but better! :)
Is it bad that I enjoy The Originals more than The Vampire Diaries?
Flag
Me five! But for me it's the Davina Factor. =)
Flag
Me four! but i call it 'the Klaus Factor'. Team Klaus here!
Flag
ME THREE!! i think its what i like to call.........."The Elijah Factor". he's awesome and he makes everything better. and since we get to see so much of him on Originals it edges out over TVD. Klaus+Elijah=AWESOME.
Flag
I like the Originals more than TVD too :)
Flag
I'm glad they've renewed The Originals and Reign, now my addiction (especially for Reign) will last at least one season :)
Flag
From the Reign Writers room:

Flag
YAYAYA! for the originals.
Flag
I'm so happy abou The Originals, the show deserves it because it didn't become a "shadow" of TVD, and it's great !
Flag
That poll needed an "All of the above" option...

So happy about all 3 shows.
Flag
Yay, I failed dismally at my dead pool picks so it's very exciting that I continued to fail and reign was picked up!
Flag
Over the moon for Originals and Tomorrow People. As a 39 year old guy I'm a little scared to sample Reign... time will tell.
Flag
If someone stumbles upon you sampling it you should just say you were sampling Adlelaide Kane and Caitlin Stacey, then all problems they had with you watching Reign will instantly vanish.
Flag
well, I like it as a chance to see more of the court politics, complex royal family dynamics, a strong and intelligent young woman doing all she can to become queen of the land/protect her home through marriage, an older queen trying to do whatever she can to keep her from marrying her son, encroaching fears of invasion ...etc that we get in Game of Thrones. So as long as you enjoy that and don't mind the comparative lack of fights, gore and boobs I'd recommend it.
Of course I'm a mid-20s guy and didn't much care for Originals and Tomorrow Ppl so take that for what its worth ;)
Flag
Comparing to Game of Thrones? That's high praise. I'll give it a try, but if there's too much teenage cheese or a modern pop song, it's going off, I can't tolerate that stuff anymore.
Flag
well just don't set hopes too high and be warned there is pop music-like soundtrack but thankfully little/no singing :)
Flag
dude disarmed 5 bombs and the other dude ripped the hearts out of witches. what not to like up these shows!!
Flag
Reign was the last one of these I would've ever predicted liking, I watched the pilot out of morbid curiosity and I'm hooked (it is so refreshing in its lack of dumbed-down writing, something that's imho become a rarer commodity in tv; so I can overlook issues like how they play fast and loose with history), and I dropped the other 2 already so, I'm happy and I know which I'll root for getting another season :)
Flag

Flag
awesome pic but its missing ELIJAH! :-(
Flag
Great positioning of the "YAY". :D
Flag
This is actually not that bad a decision from the CW...
Flag
at first I was skeptical about the originals because of the poor rating, but i'm glad that CW give it a chance, hopefully rating will get better
Flag
Yay! I love The Originals and Reign and The Tomorrow People is growing on me. Hopefully the ratings won't fall and they will all get a 2nd season and the CW will cancel Hart of Dixie, Beauty & the Beast and the Carrie Diaries to make room for new shows.
Flag
I'll be honest, and I hope this is a safe space to admit such a thing, but I really, really like Reign. I need help.
Flag
In <3 with Reign :)
Flag
same here, it's actually my favourite new show this fall haha
Flag
yes reign!!!
Flag
Every time I watch it I feel like the tomorrow people has such great potential you know. I'm hoping it just keeps on growing. I have a good feeling that that show could be epic.
Flag
I'll be damned. I've become a CW fan.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members