Andy Richter named Conan's announcer

whoaitsconner

[1]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 21

http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20090224000000-andyrichternameda.html

I'm excited!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Water78

[2]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 47
    tv.com loves thiis

TVsALF

[3]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 4

Andy being an announcer seems kind of strange. I think it's his voice more tha anything. I'm glad he's back with Conan since the two worked so well together.

HelloStuart

[4]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 63
    Too bad Joel's not coming to LA, but I understand his decision to retire... if that's true, of course.

ejwlover

[5]May 30, 2009
    • level: 21
    I can't wait!!! =) The Cone Zone Baby!!! =)
    Edited on 05/30/2009 1:41pm

avmon

[6]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 16
    With the passing of Ed McMahon this morning, I wonder what Conan will say about that at his show. I also wonder if maybe Andy Richter will sit on the couch with him to talk about their first encounter with Johnny's longtime sidekick when he visited them on the "Late Night" show during the second week, I think. Maybe Richter will even say, "Heeeerrrrree's Conan" in tribute. Okay, maybe not.
    Edited on 06/23/2009 10:53am

HelloStuart

[7]Jun 23, 2009
    • level: 63
    avmon wrote:
    With the passing of Ed McMahon this morning, I wonder what Conan will say about that at his show. I also wonder if maybe Andy Richter will sit on the couch with him to talk about their first encounter with Johnny's longtime sidekick when he visited them on the "Late Night" show during the second week, I think. Maybe Richter will even say, "Heeeerrrrree's Conan" in tribute. Okay, maybe not.

I doubt that last part will happen, though I'm sure Conan will acknowledge Ed's passing.

avmon

[8]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 16
    HelloStuart wrote:
    avmon wrote:

I doubt that last part will happen, though I'm sure Conan will acknowledge Ed's passing.
    They showed many fine clips from "The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson" including the Alpo commercial where Johnny had to substitute for the dog who refused to eat the dog food! In fact, they showed the actual tape instead of the blurry kinescope I've seen for years. Then Conan showed Ed's first appearance on "Late Night" where Andy put a coin in a glass of beer and then McMahon says, "If I don't see you again, have a good life." to Conan before drinking. And then after commercial, Conan then tries to say a few more words about him before Andy keeps interrupting him which causes O'Brien to tell him to shup up! Ironic, since the whole dialogue was about how Ed always knew when to say something and when to keep back! Nice tribute and I also watched Dave's kind words about his idol's sidekick as well.