better then i thought

  • Avatar of mikey7199

    mikey7199

    [1]Jun 1, 2009
    • member since: 12/08/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 239
    well i saw the first episode and the tour part was kind of funny 99 cents store if that dog was on it would be funny still not as funny as jay leno
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [2]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,626
    Loved seeing the original NBC peacock with Mel Brandt's voice saying "The following is brought to you in living color on NBC" before we see Conan looking at his list and suddenly realizing he's still in New York when the last item-Move to L.A.-hadn't been accomplished yet! So we see him running through St. Louis, Chicago, and Las Vegas before arriving at the Universal Studios. And then hearing the old "Late Night" theme with the returning Andy Richter voicing the credits! Oh, happy day for the reunion! The rest of the show was pretty entertaining but it wasn't until Will Ferrel mock accused fellow Tony-nominee Liza Minelli of being a "communist" that I felt some needed edge was retained. I also watched Letterman and laughed heartily when he mentioned "knocking" a competitor and mentioning his mother feeling sorry for her son "not getting "The Tonight Show" again". LOL! Oh, and I found Jay's last show touching as well...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of marcos316

    marcos316

    [3]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 11/01/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 244
    Last nights episode was amazing I missed watching Conan and hes back and better than ever. Can't wait for tonight!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of littlemilton16

    littlemilton16

    [4]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 10/03/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 4
    I know, Conan is gonna take "The Tonight Show" to a whole nother level!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of forbiddenimage

    forbiddenimage

    [5]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 12/18/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 58
    I'm glad he is on earlier
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [6]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I really enjoyed it. It seemed just like Late Night. I loved Conan being the Universal Studios tour guide. That was so funny. I loved all the carts going in a circle. The show was awesome to me. And the first part was great, with Conan running. All I can say is, Conan must be in good shape. Even though those were all filmed at different times, in each clip he ran pretty far. Conan at the Victorian Doll museum was great.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vandonmar

    vandonmar

    [7]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 04/21/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23
    It's essentially the same show he did in New York. Same theme music too. The intro that ended with the bulldozer was funny, but nothing special.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thecomedianky

    thecomedianky

    [8]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 10/09/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,125
    i watched this afternoon.

    geographically, wrigley field should have been before running down Michigan Ave. along the river. Wrigley is north and he was running south
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pkh424

    pkh424

    [9]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    vandonmar wrote:
    It's essentially the same show he did in New York. Same theme music too. The intro that ended with the bulldozer was funny, but nothing special.
    I thought he did a great. I mean all that running,swimming,visiting the Doll Museum and still had strength to climb on the track loader,yeah pretty good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ferrovax

    Ferrovax

    [10]Jun 2, 2009
    • member since: 07/25/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 183
    vandonmar wrote:
    It's essentially the same show he did in New York. Same theme music too. The intro that ended with the bulldozer was funny, but nothing special.


    The show is still better then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vandonmar

    vandonmar

    [11]Jun 3, 2009
    • member since: 04/21/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23

    Ferrovax wrote:
    The show is still better then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

    Fallon's show may suffer the most because it will be the 3rd of 3 straight hours of similiar talk/variety shows (interrupted by 30 minutes of local news). You've seriously got to be a talk show couch potato to sit through all of that

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pgsuperfan

    pgsuperfan

    [12]Jun 3, 2009
    • member since: 02/04/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,361
    I was looking for David Letterman, sorry
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ferrovax

    Ferrovax

    [13]Jun 3, 2009
    • member since: 07/25/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 183
    vandonmar wrote:

    Ferrovax wrote:
    The show is still better then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

    Fallon's show may suffer the most because it will be the 3rd of 3 straight hours of similiar talk/variety shows (interrupted by 30 minutes of local news). You've seriously got to be a talk show couch potato to sit through all of that



    Last Call will suffer worse then Late Night. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC cancels that show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [14]Jun 4, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,081
    Ferrovax wrote:
    vandonmar wrote:

    Ferrovax wrote:
    The show is still better then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

    Fallon's show may suffer the most because it will be the 3rd of 3 straight hours of similiar talk/variety shows (interrupted by 30 minutes of local news). You've seriously got to be a talk show couch potato to sit through all of that



    Last Call will suffer worse then Late Night. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC cancels that show.

    "Last Call" is barely a talk show anymore. It's morphed into a indie-rock/hipster version of "Godfrey's Talent Scouts." Still, what else will NBC air in that time slot? "SCTV" repeats?

    As much as I liked the first three TTS episodes, only the third one felt like a regular Conan show. With the first two broadcasts, it felt like you were watching a sweeps stunt, like when he was in Toronto and Chicago.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ferrovax

    Ferrovax

    [15]Jun 4, 2009
    • member since: 07/25/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 183
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Ferrovax wrote:
    vandonmar wrote:

    Ferrovax wrote:
    The show is still better then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

    Fallon's show may suffer the most because it will be the 3rd of 3 straight hours of similiar talk/variety shows (interrupted by 30 minutes of local news). You've seriously got to be a talk show couch potato to sit through all of that



    Last Call will suffer worse then Late Night. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC cancels that show.

    "Last Call" is barely a talk show anymore. It's morphed into a indie-rock/hipster version of "Godfrey's Talent Scouts." Still, what else will NBC air in that time slot? "SCTV" repeats?

    As much as I liked the first three TTS episodes, only the third one felt like a regular Conan show. With the first two broadcasts, it felt like you were watching a sweeps stunt, like when he was in Toronto and Chicago.
    The 1st two broadcasts did feel like the time he was in Chicago; Give it till next week (hopefully) and Conan will be back in full swing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [16]Jun 5, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I did start getting sick of the "let's check out LA" thing he had the first couple shows. I'm glad that theme seems to be dying down a bit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ferrovax

    Ferrovax

    [17]Jun 5, 2009
    • member since: 07/25/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 183

    HOLY CRAP. SUPER MARIO BROS. BACKGROUND FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

    EDIT: The children coming on stage with Conan wig not so much.

    Edited on 06/05/2009 8:53pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [18]Jun 8, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I pretty much loved it all and have no complaints about the show. I dont think theres anything really Conan wouldnt have done on LN that he does here (even the kids with red hair skit). In fact the only thing thats taking me a while to get over is the set itself (and the announcer). Im not a big fan of that banner/wall mural on the top but I probably just have to get used to it since Im so used the NY skyline/stars/navy blue everywhere.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [19]Jun 8, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    I liked the NY skyline better than the LA one on now. Looked better to me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [20]Jun 8, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,626
    The Universal Studios set seemed overwhelmingly big compared to the one back at Studio 6A, still I'll probably get used to it if it's still there in 6 months...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.