better then i thought

mikey7199

[1]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    well i saw the first episode and the tour part was kind of funny 99 cents store if that dog was on it would be funny still not as funny as jay leno
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

avmon

[2]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    Loved seeing the original NBC peacock with Mel Brandt's voice saying "The following is brought to you in living color on NBC" before we see Conan looking at his list and suddenly realizing he's still in New York when the last item-Move to L.A.-hadn't been accomplished yet! So we see him running through St. Louis, Chicago, and Las Vegas before arriving at the Universal Studios. And then hearing the old "Late Night" theme with the returning Andy Richter voicing the credits! Oh, happy day for the reunion! The rest of the show was pretty entertaining but it wasn't until Will Ferrel mock accused fellow Tony-nominee Liza Minelli of being a "communist" that I felt some needed edge was retained. I also watched Letterman and laughed heartily when he mentioned "knocking" a competitor and mentioning his mother feeling sorry for her son "not getting "The Tonight Show" again". LOL! Oh, and I found Jay's last show touching as well...

marcos316

[3]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    Last nights episode was amazing I missed watching Conan and hes back and better than ever. Can't wait for tonight!

littlemilton16

[4]Jun 2, 2009
    I know, Conan is gonna take "The Tonight Show" to a whole nother level!!!

forbiddenimage

[5]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    I'm glad he is on earlier

TheDiamondDog

[6]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 61
    I really enjoyed it. It seemed just like Late Night. I loved Conan being the Universal Studios tour guide. That was so funny. I loved all the carts going in a circle. The show was awesome to me. And the first part was great, with Conan running. All I can say is, Conan must be in good shape. Even though those were all filmed at different times, in each clip he ran pretty far. Conan at the Victorian Doll museum was great.

vandonmar

[7]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 5
    It's essentially the same show he did in New York. Same theme music too. The intro that ended with the bulldozer was funny, but nothing special.

thecomedianky

[8]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 19
    i watched this afternoon.

geographically, wrigley field should have been before running down Michigan Ave. along the river. Wrigley is north and he was running south

pkh424

[9]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    vandonmar wrote:
    It's essentially the same show he did in New York. Same theme music too. The intro that ended with the bulldozer was funny, but nothing special.
    I thought he did a great. I mean all that running,swimming,visiting the Doll Museum and still had strength to climb on the track loader,yeah pretty good.

Ferrovax

[10]Jun 2, 2009
    vandonmar wrote:

The show is still better then Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

vandonmar

[11]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 5

Ferrovax wrote:

Fallon's show may suffer the most because it will be the 3rd of 3 straight hours of similiar talk/variety shows (interrupted by 30 minutes of local news). You've seriously got to be a talk show couch potato to sit through all of that

pgsuperfan

[12]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 25
    I was looking for David Letterman, sorry

Ferrovax

[13]Jun 3, 2009
    vandonmar wrote:

Ferrovax wrote:

Fallon's show may suffer the most because it will be the 3rd of 3 straight hours of similiar talk/variety shows (interrupted by 30 minutes of local news). You've seriously got to be a talk show couch potato to sit through all of that

Last Call will suffer worse then Late Night. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC cancels that show.

HelloStuart

[14]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 63
    Ferrovax wrote:
    vandonmar wrote:

Ferrovax wrote:

Last Call will suffer worse then Late Night. I wouldn't be surprised if NBC cancels that show.

"Last Call" is barely a talk show anymore. It's morphed into a indie-rock/hipster version of "Godfrey's Talent Scouts." Still, what else will NBC air in that time slot? "SCTV" repeats?

As much as I liked the first three TTS episodes, only the third one felt like a regular Conan show. With the first two broadcasts, it felt like you were watching a sweeps stunt, like when he was in Toronto and Chicago.

Ferrovax

[15]Jun 4, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Ferrovax wrote:
    vandonmar wrote:

Ferrovax wrote:

"Last Call" is barely a talk show anymore. It's morphed into a indie-rock/hipster version of "Godfrey's Talent Scouts." Still, what else will NBC air in that time slot? "SCTV" repeats?

As much as I liked the first three TTS episodes, only the third one felt like a regular Conan show. With the first two broadcasts, it felt like you were watching a sweeps stunt, like when he was in Toronto and Chicago.
    The 1st two broadcasts did feel like the time he was in Chicago; Give it till next week (hopefully) and Conan will be back in full swing.

TheDiamondDog

[16]Jun 5, 2009
    I did start getting sick of the "let's check out LA" thing he had the first couple shows. I'm glad that theme seems to be dying down a bit.

Ferrovax

[17]Jun 5, 2009

HOLY CRAP. SUPER MARIO BROS. BACKGROUND FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: The children coming on stage with Conan wig not so much.

Edited on 06/05/2009 8:53pm
    Edited 2 total times.

stellarchick86

[18]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    I pretty much loved it all and have no complaints about the show. I dont think theres anything really Conan wouldnt have done on LN that he does here (even the kids with red hair skit). In fact the only thing thats taking me a while to get over is the set itself (and the announcer). Im not a big fan of that banner/wall mural on the top but I probably just have to get used to it since Im so used the NY skyline/stars/navy blue everywhere.

TheDiamondDog

[19]Jun 8, 2009
    I liked the NY skyline better than the LA one on now. Looked better to me.

avmon

[20]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    The Universal Studios set seemed overwhelmingly big compared to the one back at Studio 6A, still I'll probably get used to it if it's still there in 6 months...