Conan shows NBC whos the Boss with 8 Million Viewers..in Finale

GolfDude825

[1]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 31
    We've learned Jay's 10:00 PM show will go on hiatus February 1. After the Olympics, Jay will take back his 11:30 PM time slot. What has not been decided -- whether Jay's show will be a half hour, followed by Conan, or whether Jay's show will be an hour and NBC says sayonara to Mr. O'Brien.

We're told Jay and Conan have both been told of the changes.
    Edited on 01/24/2010 8:08am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

goldtop2007

[2]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 14

Ugh, this is disconcerting.. Conan's show is just getting on its feet here, it doesn't need to be pushed back

I'll be crossing my fingers that NBC doesn't do anything crazy here!

HelloStuart

[3]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 63
    I think it's all rumors. I'll wait until I hear an official announcement from NBC-Comcast before I (or anyone else) goes ballistic.

ajj06

[4]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 8
    I hope not I like Conan, I was never a real fan of Jay he can stay on NBC@10!
    Edited on 01/22/2010 10:57pm

Rebel-Man

[5]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 16
    It's official Stuart NBC guy announced Jay is leaving prime time in February and they will announce what will go on afterward very soon when everything is 100% settled.

stellarchick86

[6]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 32
    This is the latest, basically what we already know: http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5i9NOIXmS8MCNm_FF5QHo-SfnX-aQ. (He has until Mon to make a decision).

I really hope that he is just pushed back to his old timeslot until Jay finally calls it quits for good and he can take Jays new place. Its already been proven that it works. If he were to go over to a new station, like FOX, Id be incredibly nervous because FOX always cancels things too early without giving it a chance. It will be sad that Conan will get a demotion but Id rather see him there with less money than not at all. It would just be nice if they just did something about Jay instead, itd be the easiest thing to do. They should realize that the ratings arent bad because of the timeslot, its because its not good and Jays not funny (no offense people) lol.
    Edited on 01/12/2010 1:32am

GuineaPirate

[7]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 8
    Conan refuses to move to the 12:05 timeslot.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/conan-obrien-says-he-wont-do-tonight-show-following-leno/

This sucks.

TheDiamondDog

[8]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 61
    Can't blame Conan though. They're treating him horribly.

stellarchick86

[10]Jan 12, 2010
    I cant believe there will be no more Conan come March(?). I will miss him terribly, as I think he is just hilarious, a good interviewer, and I have to watch him every night before I go to bed (even when he was on 'Late Night'). If I was Jay, Id just step down. I would not let Conan go through all this for my show (which is horrible, the ratings are bad for a reason). If his show was some CSI type show that brings in a lot of ratings then Id say okay but its not and honestly never thought that it was going to be a cash cow or something like the NBC execs want.

thecomedianky

[11]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 19
    this is all making me sick

GolfDude825

[12]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 31
    http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20336890,00.html

Conan says Farewell Nexst Friday

stellarchick86

[13]Jan 14, 2010
    Is this all true? I mean, its 'People' magazine, is all I really mean. But if its true, though I will support him, I will miss him like crazy. I hated not watching Conan every night even when there was something simple like a hiatus or something goin on so I cant imagine it now. Hopefully he will jump over to FOX, though I worry about that too since FOX canels things way too early it seems. So no matter what Conan does, hes screwed I see, unless they just keep things the way they are.

insinity

[14]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 40

Last night's Tonight Show saw nearly a 42% gain in adults 18-49 versus Monday night's show. Conan's 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in local People Meter markets dominated the .9 18-49 rating for David Letterman's Late Show. On Monday, Tonight Show averaged a 1.2 18-49 rating in those same local people meter markets. Week over week, Leno didn't see any boost as a result. The Jay Leno Show was down from last Tuesday, but its lead-in, The Biggest Loser was also down big (30%) versus last week.

Seriously? Not even with this drama he can get his ratings up and Conan's the one getting the axe? Ahah... NBC keeps making their stituation worse, even when it seems like there's nothing they can do futher.

I'll be curious to see how Leno does without any half-decent lead-in. Letterman will stomp his ass clean.

jonnyfan

[15]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 7

Jay shouldn't be blamed either. This was all NBC's fault. I don't think that Jay wanted to retire at all, he just went along with it because that is what NBC wanted. He should have never been asked to retire anyway since he always won his time slot. So blame NBC, not Jay.

varul

[16]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 5
    saying that moving "The Tonight Show" to 12:05 isn't a breach of contract, because the title will stay the same is like telling Obama that after the winter Olympics you'll still be the president of the United states of America, but The USA will consist of Arizona and Nevada. Rest of the states will be run by Bush.

HelloStuart

[17]Jan 15, 2010
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I cant believe there will be no more Conan come March(?). I will miss him terribly, as I think he is just hilarious, a good interviewer, and I have to watch him every night before I go to bed (even when he was on 'Late Night'. If I was Jay, Id just step down. I would not let Conan go through all this for my show (which is horrible, the ratings are bad for a reason). If his show was some CSI type show that brings in a lot of ratings then Id say okay but its not and honestly never thought that it was going to be a cash cow or something like the NBC execs want.
    I think you misread that. Conan might be off TV for three years, not weeks. NBC puts their shows on hiatus for Olympic coverage all the time.

HelloStuart

[18]Jan 15, 2010
    varul wrote:
    saying that moving "The Tonight Show" to 12:05 isn't a breach of contract, because the title will stay the same is like telling Obama that after the winter Olympics you'll still be the president of the United states of America, but The USA will consist of Arizona and Nevada. Rest of the states will be run by Bush.

I'm on the moderate left, but even I know that's a bad analogy.

While I'm dispensing constructive criticism, could stellerchick86 work on her HTML formatting?

TheDiamondDog

[19]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    varul wrote:
    I'm on the moderate left, but even I know that's a bad analogy. While I'm dispensing constructive criticism, could stellerchick86 work on her HTML formatting?

Yeah. She needs to edit her sig.

stellarchick86

[20]Jan 15, 2010
    HelloStuart wrote:
    I think you misread that. Conan might be off TV for three years, not weeks. NBC puts their shows on hiatus for Olympic coverage all the time.

When I originally wrote that, I heard Conan was going to be off until March. Then I heard about the 3 years thing but that was proven to be false. Then I heard Conan may quit altogether and next Fri is his last day. Then I heard Conan has no idea what hes doing yet and it just depends on what NBC does (what he pretty much said the other night). He said 'it may wrap up soon' last night, but he didnt say which day. Hes just preparing us for the possibility. So my thought process in that he may be gone until March isnt correct but I dont believe in your theory about the 3-years thing either.
    HelloStuart wrote:
    While I'm dispensing constructive criticism, could stellerchick86 work on her HTML formatting?

TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Yeah. She needs to edit her sig.

Whats wrong with it? No one else has said that its been a problem before. Its centered, as it should be.
    Edited on 01/15/2010 1:55pm