General News & Media Mentions

TheDiamondDog

[61]Jul 14, 2009
    • level: 61

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    They sure are doing lots of pre-recorded bits. The one w/ Conan in the props department wasn't too bad, but he has done better. Andy getting training was really boring to me. Not exactly funny.
    Conan roaming the Universal lot with that desk-car wasn't particularly funny, either.

Or when they try to make the Universal tour interesting by doing bits outside the studio.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evildevil97

[62]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 26
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    They sure are doing lots of pre-recorded bits. The one w/ Conan in the props department wasn't too bad, but he has done better. Andy getting training was really boring to me. Not exactly funny.
    Conan roaming the Universal lot with that desk-car wasn't particularly funny, either.

Or when they try to make the Universal tour interesting by doing bits outside the studio.

....You seem to be doing more complaining about the show than praising it. Why do you even bother watching it if you dont like it?

HelloStuart

[63]Jul 16, 2009
    • level: 63
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

...You seem to be doing more complaining about the show than praising it. Why do you even bother watching it if you dont like it?

In the hope that it'll get better. "The Tonight Show" with Conan still feels like one of his one-week stunt trips, like when he did shows in Chicago and Frisco. It doesn't feel like he's settled in LA yet.

evildevil97

[64]Jul 16, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

...You seem to be doing more complaining about the show than praising it. Why do you even bother watching it if you dont like it?

In the hope that it'll get better. "The Tonight Show" with Conan still feels like one of his one-week stunt trips, like when he did shows in Chicago and Frisco. It doesn't feel like he's settled in LA yet.
    Ah. I'm really liking Conan's Tonight Show as is, in all honesty. My only complaint is how often Twitter Tracker is used. While it's certainly not perfect, it's been awesome more often than not, I feel.

TheDiamondDog

[65]Jul 16, 2009
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Ah. I'm really liking Conan's Tonight Show as is, in all honesty. My only complaint is how often Twitter Tracker is used. While it's certainly not perfect, it's been awesome more often than not, I feel.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I just think the bits are rather lame. Also, adding Andy at the all-star baseball game. I agree with Stu. That is how the show still feels, and he's been on for over a month.

At least Twitter Tracker isn't on as much as it used to be. But I doubt that'll go away, especially with the graphics they have made for it.

HelloStuart

[66]Jul 16, 2009
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I didn't say I didn't like it. I just think the bits are rather lame. Also, adding Andy at the all-star baseball game. I agree with Stu. That is how the show still feels, and he's been on for over a month.

At least Twitter Tracker isn't on as much as it used to be. But I doubt that'll go away, especially with the graphics they have made for it.

They did something similar on Late Night in February 2008. The unctious "Twitter Tracker" announcer did a bunch of things for Leap Day that year, including the bad puns.

TheDiamondDog

[67]Jul 17, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

They did something similar on Late Night in February 2008. The unctious "Twitter Tracker" announcer did a bunch of things for Leap Day that year, including the bad puns.

And when they'd have have all guys on during the week, and when someone had double letters in their name.

Who does that voice anyways?

evildevil97

[68]Jul 17, 2009
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

And when they'd have have all guys on during the week, and when someone had double letters in their name.

Brian McCann does the voice. I like the use of the voice. I just wish it was used for different reasons, like on Late Night. I loved Double Letter Week.

HelloStuart

[69]Jul 17, 2009
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

Brian McCann does the voice. I like the use of the voice. I just wish it was used for different reasons, like on Late Night. I loved Double Letter Week.

I miss Preperation-H Raymond.

evildevil97

[70]Jul 17, 2009
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I'm more of a Brian Stack fan, myself. Loved Gabriel the Knight Rider studio a few nights back. I miss the Interrupter.

HelloStuart

[71]Jul 18, 2009
    evildevil97 wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    evildevil97 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I'm more of a Brian Stack fan, myself. Loved Gabriel the Knight Rider studio a few nights back. I miss the Interrupter.

The Interrupter was great, but so was The Fantastic Guy.

TheDiamondDog

[72]Jul 22, 2009
    We may not like it, but Twitter Tracker got a Web Cheer Of The Week from TV Guide. They say Conan now has a something to attract an audience a decade younger. Or something like that.

evildevil97

[73]Jul 24, 2009
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    We may not like it, but Twitter Tracker got a Web Cheer Of The Week from TV Guide. They say Conan now has a something to attract an audience a decade younger. Or something like that.
    I really wish that didnt make as much sense as it does. I'll never warm up to Twitter Tracker, but kids'll love the references to their modern toys... and I guess they'll love the animations that go with it. I still don't understand why the same skit couldn't be done with more variety, like the "Double Letter Week" and "Leap Day" skits.

Rebel-Man

[74]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    I read on another site that that David Letterman Repeats had higher viewership than Tonight Show new episodes. That's. . . kinda sad.

HelloStuart

[75]Aug 14, 2009
    Rebel-Man wrote:
    I read on another site that that David Letterman repeats had higher viewership than Tonight Show new episodes. That's. . . kinda sad.

Ten years ago Leno repeats held a nearly 2-to-1 advantage over new Letterman broadcasts. Precious little has changed.

Rebel-Man

[76]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 16
    Don't be hating. Just pointing out the facts. Geez

HelloStuart

[77]Aug 15, 2009
    Rebel-Man wrote:
    Don't be hating. Just pointing out the facts. Geez

I know, I'm just commenting.

TheDiamondDog

[78]Aug 30, 2009
    Can someone tell me what happened Friday. It wasn't on for me (due to football).

evildevil97

[79]Aug 30, 2009
    Assuming you're in the US, it's up on Hulu. Terrific third act.

stellarchick86

[80]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Can someone tell me what happened Friday. It wasn't on for me (due to football).

That guy got his car blown up for one thing. He didnt seem too excited either considering 1. he was getting his car blown up which was a cool way if you had to get rid of it 2. got to meet Conan and be on tv and 3. got a brand new Lexus. I wouldve been like foaming at the mouth haha. Other than that, I dont remember much else being important.