We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

General News & Media Mentions

TheDiamondDog

[81]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 61

stellarchick86 wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Can someone tell me what happened Friday. It wasn't on for me (due to football).
    That guy got his car blown up for one thing. He didnt seem too excited either considering 1. he was getting his car blown up which was a cool way if you had to get rid of it 2. got to meet Conan and be on tv and 3. got a brand new Lexus. I wouldve been like foaming at the mouth haha. Other than that, I dont remember much else being important.

Oh, I asked that over a week ago. I caught this past Friday.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[82]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Oh, I asked that over a week ago. I caught this past Friday.

Ah, yes, sorry. I need to pay more attention to the dates on these things lol. I cant believe that was only 4 days ago, this has been a long weekend, haha. I think thats what screwed me up.

insinity

[83]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 40

Rebel-Man wrote:
    I read on another site that that David Letterman Repeats had higher viewership than Tonight Show new episodes. That's. . . kinda sad.
    That sounds odd since Conan has been dominating for quite some time...

3-7 August: "In the key demographic of adults 18-49, "Tonight" also ranked #1 on every night of the week. Conan has now ranked #1 versus "Late Show" on 45 of 45 nights since his June 1 debut night (including a tie; this excludes the week of June 29-July 3, when "Tonight" in rebroadcast was re-titled due to Wimbledon delays)."

10-14 August: "Conan won five of five nights last week over Letterman and "Nightline" in adults 18-49. Conan has now ranked #1 in 18-49 versus "Late Show" on 50 of 50 nights since his June 1 debut (includes one tie, excludes the week of June 29-July 3, when "Tonight" was re-titled due to delays for Wimbledon coverage). Conan has won every week thus far in 18-49 versus "Late Show" by margins of 29 percent or more (excludes Wimbledon week)."

At least "thefanof" has stopped throwing his hate around under the (false, to say the least) pretense that Conan wasn't getting good ratings, lol.

HelloStuart

[84]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 63
    insinity wrote:
    Rebel-Man wrote:
    I read on another site that that David Letterman Repeats had higher viewership than Tonight Show new episodes. That's. . . kinda sad.

That sounds odd since Conan has been dominating for quite some time...

3-7 August: "In the key demographic of adults 18-49, "Tonight" also ranked #1 on every night of the week. Conan has now ranked #1 versus "Late Show" on 45 of 45 nights since his June 1 debut night (including a tie; this excludes the week of June 29-July 3, when "Tonight" in rebroadcast was re-titled due to Wimbledon delays)."

10-14 August: "Conan won five of five nights last week over Letterman and "Nightline" in adults 18-49. Conan has now ranked #1 in 18-49 versus "Late Show" on 50 of 50 nights since his June 1 debut (includes one tie, excludes the week of June 29-July 3, when "Tonight" was re-titled due to delays for Wimbledon coverage). Conan has won every week thus far in 18-49 versus "Late Show" by margins of 29 percent or more (excludes Wimbledon week)."

At least "thefanof" has stopped throwing his hate around under the (false, to say the least) pretense that Conan wasn't getting good ratings, lol.

I don't know if TheFanOf really reviews the show, either. All he does is write a quick summary, followed by one sentence stating whether he liked it or not. Then again, reviewing late night talk shows by the episode is a lot like herding cats; you're missing the big picture and it's just not worth the energy.

Edited on 09/23/2009 7:42am

evildevil97

[85]Sep 25, 2009
    • level: 26

If anyone was wondering why there's a rerun on tonight... http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b146222_conan_obrien_bumps_his_bean_during.html

I hope he's okay.

TheDiamondDog

[86]Sep 26, 2009
    I was so surprised to find that out last night. I wonder if he'll be back next week.

insinity

[87]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 40
    He will, indeed, and with a new ep. Most of friday's episode was already taped so that's why I held off on doing anything about the ep count/edition, etc. I guess friday's will be trashed or cut into pieces which will air in some sort of division. Well, his hair probably acted as a sort of helmet.
    HelloStuart wrote:
    I don't know if TheFanOf really reviews the show, either. All he does is write a quick summary, followed by one sentence stating whether he liked it or not. Then again, reviewing late night talk shows by the episode is a lot like herding cats; you're missing the big picture and it's just not worth the energy.
    Couldn't agree more. But well, I guess some people will feel happy and fulfilled as long as they're trolling and collecting points in an internet website.

GolfDude825

[88]Sep 29, 2009
    conan said the only part that didnt tape was seth macfarlane's interview.. he wanted to continue, but his concusion caused brief memory loss, and was taken to the hopital before they could finish the show..

they showed the clip on monday's show...

evildevil97

[89]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 26
    The musical guest didnt get to perform either. MacFarlene and that musical guest (sorry, I cant recall who it is) will be on tonight.

thecomedianky

[90]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 19
    why is everybody centering their text?

TheDiamondDog

[91]Jan 14, 2010

thecomedianky wrote:

I think someone didn't complete their tags.

HelloStuart

[92]Jan 15, 2010
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

thecomedianky wrote:

I think someone didn't complete their tags.

That would be stellarchick86.

TheDiamondDog

[93]Jan 15, 2010

I found the eBay auction for the travel case.

It got out of hand, considering bids were made after it was announced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tonight-Show-With-Conan-OBrien-Carry-On-Bag_W0QQitemZ320475391533QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9dd2662d

HelloStuart

[94]Jan 20, 2010
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

I found the eBay auction for the travel case.

It got out of hand, considering bids were made after it was announced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tonight-Show-With-Conan-OBrien-Carry-On-Bag_W0QQitemZ320475391533QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9dd2662d

The current bid is just under $1 million. The opening bid was only $575.

stellarchick86

[95]Jan 20, 2010
    Who the heck has $1mill to spend on a travel case?! I love Conan dearly, but even if I had that kind of money, I would not be using it on that lol. I wonder how many people are bidding and then once they realize they will win it will be screwed because now they gotta come up with the money LOL. Even $575 is a little much for that, I think, but its understandable I guess. Cant you get actual luggage thats a bit bigger than that for only a few hundred? I understand that its a "collectors item" now that the TTS W/ Conan O'Brien may be wrapping up, but unless its Conan's microphone he uses at his desk or the Triumph puppet or something then I think this whole thing is a bit much lol.

TheDiamondDog

[96]Jan 20, 2010

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Who the heck has $1mill to spend on a travel case?! I love Conan dearly, but even if I had that kind of money, I would not be using it on that lol. I wonder how many people are bidding and then once they realize they will win it will be screwed because now they gotta come up with the money LOL. Even $575 is a little much for that, I think, but its understandable I guess. Cant you get actual luggage thats a bit bigger than that for only a few hundred? I understand that its a "collectors item" now that the TTS W/ Conan O'Brien may be wrapping up, but unless its Conan's microphone he uses at his desk or the Triumph puppet or something then I think this whole thing is a bit much lol.

Remember when somebody put that Bag Of John McCain dolls up for auction? There were joke bidders on that, and the bid got to somewhere over 1 mil, I think way over, before the seller took it off. I can't help but think this is similar. I agree, nearly a milly on a suitcase is ludicrous.

stellarchick86

[97]Jan 20, 2010
    ^^Lol oh yeah I think so...and yeah I think the same type thing is going to happen here.

HelloStuart

[98]Jan 20, 2010
    stellarchick86 wrote:

In its defense, that is a high-quality suitcase. I'd put down $600 for it.

stellarchick86

[99]Jan 20, 2010
    Alright. I paid like $300 for mine and Ive had it for years (and its bigger) but okay.

TheDiamondDog

[100]Jan 20, 2010
    The bid went down to $60,100.