General News & Media Mentions

  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [121]Feb 25, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    HelloStuart wrote:


    TheDiamondDog wrote:


    I read news about Conan that's cool, and news I was surprised about.


    Conan said he would like to do a live stage show college tour. And since I'm still in school, I could pry get discount tickets. However, would he come to my school?


    I read that not long ago.


    The five minutes ago, I see Conan has joined Twitter. He said it was stupid before. I never saw that coming. I was glad Conan was on the anti-Twitter side.



    I'm not that big on Twitter either, but he's off to a promising start: http://twitter.com/conanobrien/



    I guess he's expected to reach one million followers by the end of the week.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [122]Feb 25, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I think he just joined Twitter as a way to connect better with fans in some sort of way since he cant interview until April I guess. Im pretty glad because even though I dont use Twitter myself I joined in order to hear what he had to say which should be pretty entertaining lol. I think Aaron Bleyeart maybe convinced him to do it or at least suggested it since he came over to Conans house and helped him get set up on it. The tour thing Im kind of confused about because 1 time I hear its a college thing (which sucks because I graduated, or does that not really matter, its not like they are going to check? I still have my ID so maybe that will work, it does for movie theatres lol) and then another time I hear hes going to go to actual big theatres, like what would be Radio City Music Hall in NYC, he will do for other places. So IDK. Also, I dont know if you all joined Imwithcoco.com or not, but Mike (the creator) mentioned at one point theres going to be a "big surprise" coming up within the next month and that Twitter thing wasnt it. I get the impression its going to be some sort of St Pattys Day something or other because it was around the 17th/18th when he said it and its the only year Conan hasnt been able to do anything St Pattys Day related on air, but I could be totally wrong because no one knows. But hes good friends with Aaron Bleyeart now and has met Conan a few times (even hung around backstage after the final show and met a ton of people there) so if anyones going to have a huge something involving Conan, itd be him.
    Edited on 02/25/2010 10:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [123]Feb 26, 2010
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,272

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I think he just joined Twitter as a way to connect better with fans in some sort of way since he cant interview until April I guess. Im pretty glad because even though I dont use Twitter myself I joined in order to hear what he had to say which should be pretty entertaining lol. I think Aaron Bleyeart maybe convinced him to do it or at least suggested it since he came over to Conans house and helped him get set up on it. The tour thing Im kind of confused about because 1 time I hear its a college thing (which sucks because I graduated, or does that not really matter, its not like they are going to check? I still have my ID so maybe that will work, it does for movie theatres lol) and then another time I hear hes going to go to actual big theatres, like what would be Radio City Music Hall in NYC, he will do for other places. So IDK. Also, I dont know if you all joined Imwithcoco.com or not, but Mike (the creator) mentioned at one point theres going to be a "big surprise" coming up within the next month and that Twitter thing wasnt it. I get the impression its going to be some sort of St Pattys Day something or other because it was around the 17th/18th when he said it and its the only year Conan hasnt been able to do anything St Pattys Day related on air, but I could be totally wrong because no one knows. But he's good friends with Aaron Bleyeart now and has met Conan a few times (even hung around backstage after the final show and met a ton of people there) so if anyones going to have a huge something involving Conan, itd be him.


    Actually, Cone Bone hasn't doneanything for St. Pat's since 2008; he abdicated "Late Night" last February and spent the next three months getting TTS off the ground. Wow, it's been a year already...

    Edited on 02/26/2010 10:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [124]Feb 27, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    HelloStuart wrote:
    Actually, Cone Bone hasn't doneanything for St. Pat's since 2008; he abdicated "Late Night" last February and spent the next three months getting TTS off the ground.


    Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Well...maybe since its been 2 years he will want to do something? IDK, like I said Im probably off but its the only thing I could think of. I got the impression it was either just something for us or something REALLY huge and I thought things regarding FOX or the tour or anything we can just find out by the media, so I thought itd be something more personal than that ya know. But either way Im excited.
    Edited on 02/27/2010 12:31am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [125]Mar 11, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860

    Well, the Cone Zone has announced his 30 city tour, Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour. Sadly, he isn't coming to my city. The closest is Chicago, butI don't actually have a way of getting there.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [126]Mar 14, 2010
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,272
    TheDiamondDog wrote:

    Well, the Cone Zone has announced his 30 city tour, Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour. Sadly, he isn't coming to my city. The closest is Chicago, but I don't actually have a way of getting there.


    Worse yet- both Chicago shows (May 19-20) were sold out on the first day of ticket sales.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [127]Apr 1, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Im sorry guys. I am going but I live in AZ so its a little easier for me to get tickets.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [128]Apr 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,272
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I'm sorry guys. I am going but I live in AZ so its a little easier for me to get tickets.

    ROAD TRIP!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [129]Apr 13, 2010
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,272
    If you hadn't already heard, Conan will be airing on TBS starting this November.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [130]Apr 16, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    HelloStuart wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I'm sorry guys. I am going but I live in AZ so its a little easier for me to get tickets.

    ROAD TRIP!!!


    LOL! If u can get tickets still (IDK Im assuming its sold out) thatd be awesome if u went too!

    HelloStuart wrote:
    If you hadn't already heard, Conan will be airing on TBS starting this November.


    Yes, yes. Very excited! Congrats Coco!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.