Toned down tonight?

  • Avatar of deathwish124

    deathwish124

    [1]Jun 16, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 31
    Anyone else think that Conan was toned down tonight (June 15)? He seemed to be running in slow motion during the whole show. I've always loved him and so far he's been great on The Tonight Show, but I don't want him to continue going on like this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [2]Jun 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,081
    I didn't watch last night (I had to be up early; I'm filling in for my boss today), but if you're asking whether or not Conan has toned down since, say, 2001, than yes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of insinity

    insinity

    [3]Jun 16, 2009
    • member since: 05/31/06
    • level: 40
    • rank: Bewitched
    • posts: 184
    I notice it too. It was especially noticeable during Will's interview... They'd usually go crazy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TheDiamondDog

    TheDiamondDog

    [4]Jun 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 61
    • rank: Gold Monkey
    • posts: 19,860
    Yeah, I also noticed that. He wasn't like he's been for the apst 2 weeks. Maybe he was told to tone it down.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [5]Jun 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,081
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Yeah, I also noticed that. He wasn't like he's been for the apst 2 weeks. Maybe he was told to tone it down.

    Or he's openly frustrated about getting hammered by Letterman in the ratings, take your pick.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of avmon

    avmon

    [6]Jun 17, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,626
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Yeah, I also noticed that. He wasn't like he's been for the apst 2 weeks. Maybe he was told to tone it down.
    Or he's openly frustrated about getting hammered by Letterman in the ratings, take your pick.
    Considering the way Dave himself is being hammered by Palin and her fellow conservatives, I can't help thinking O'Brien may get some new viewers simply because many of them may want to avoid Letterman...
    Edited on 06/16/2009 11:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HelloStuart

    HelloStuart

    [7]Jun 17, 2009
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 27,081
    avmon wrote:
    HelloStuart wrote:
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    Yeah, I also noticed that. He wasn't like he's been for the apst 2 weeks. Maybe he was told to tone it down.
    Or he's openly frustrated about getting hammered by Letterman in the ratings, take your pick.

    Considering the way Dave himself is being hammered by Palin and her fellow conservatives, I can't help thinking O'Brien may get some new viewers simply because many of them may want to avoid Letterman...

    It's all going to blow over eventually. I still think Palin overreacted.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of insinity

    insinity

    [8]Jun 17, 2009
    • member since: 05/31/06
    • level: 40
    • rank: Bewitched
    • posts: 184
    Yesterday, in the monologue and with Larry David, he was back to his old self imo. Great episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [9]Jun 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    insinity wrote:
    I notice it too. It was especially noticeable during Will's interview... They'd usually go crazy.

    insinity wrote:
    Yesterday, in the monologue and with Larry David, he was back to his old self imo. Great episode.


    I agree with both of these.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.