The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

NBC (ended 2014)

foolishtv

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• The Mildly Interesting thing up there doesn't match but is the closet to the truth. The Skits are halarious but the interveiws are boring.

2.1
    His interviews are so boring! It's like he is having a chat with them about the weather. I would rather watch the channels that shows just static and a loud noise and I would put the volume to the max rather than go over the chanel while it's on for a second. BUT his producer have some nice stuff in the sketch where they go though newpapersand ads. The thing when they find typos or strange things in articales and newspaper are hilarious. But finally the end music is gay. I would rather have nails nailed into my head than listen to that. Here is my list of bad things in his show.

1. His Interviews are boring as hell.
    2. The bands (like most late night show) suck.
    3. The end music is like elevator music.
    4. A not funny relationship with his band.
    5. He has idiotic questons for his guests.

Not that much against him but stil its big for me
    and other people as well. If you are a fan fine. But new people to the show, don't say i didn't warn you. DON'T listen to the interveiwa no matter who the guest is. Unless it is Will Farell. He's funny. See his movies. There good. Not Elf though. That sucked.
  • Leno hosts the worst and unfortunatly #1 talk show on Late Night TV.

3.5
    I don't understand the humor in the show, I really don't think there is any but it still finishs ahead of Dave which is a damn shame because his show is much better. First of his personality amounts to the sum of zero and his band leader Kevin simply laughs at anything Jay has to say. His monolouge isn't funny and monica lewinsky jokes are still common place on his show. Headlines and Jay-Walkin are the only funny segments he does when he gets to the dask and when he has anyone else go wonderin the streets the result is not funny. He also can't interview anyone at all, his guest sit there and have to do all the work themselves. Hopefully people will soon begin to see how funny he really is and turn away before he leaves us all (thankfully) in 2009.
  • So funny! Jay Leno can make great jokes! :D

This is a great show! I think it is a lot better than David Lettermand or Conan O'Brian or whatever. I like to watch it as if it is kinda of a late-night treat. I also like it that when it comes to being political, he is on both sides.
  • Jay Leno hosts the tonight show as part of NBC which is the leader in late-night TV. Jay Leno started out as a guest host for Johnny Carson, who latter made him the pernament guest host. After Johnny Carson Retired Jay Leno won the possision against Dav

I see a lot of the reviews saying, why do people watch this as oppose to David Letterman? Well first off, why do you think Jay Leno was picked ahead of Letterman? Well he does a lot better job of course. Jay Leno also has better guests then David Letterman who normally has guests after they have been on the Tonight Show. David Letterman has way to many commercials as well. Once I was waiting for like ten minutes for the next guest. He had some segment that lasted like two seconds about having someone kicked out of the ed sullivan show, and then there was another commercial. When it came back on, he said we will be right back with our next guest and there was another commercial. It was really annoying, because I have watched the Tonight Show more and I have never seen anything like that happen. Jay Leno also has great segments such as Headlines, and Jay-walking. Headlines feature newspaper articles and catalogs that feature errors that corospond with the arlticle itself. They can be quite funny.
  • Comedian Jay Leno hosts the Tonight Show.

He was funny in then ninetys but now it seems as if he's losing steam. His jokes are unresponsive and his charisma has run out. He's still entertaining with his guests but I believe Conan has conquered Late Night. It's easy to see why he'll be relinquishing his position as the Tonight Show's host but it's sill sad. He'll be remembered though, not as much as Johnny, but he'll be remembered.
  • Every weekday night Jay Leno fills this hour long show with jokes, interviews and music with the assistance of his side kick Kevin and announcer Ed Melendez.

This show is generally dull and unentertaining. It is painful to listen Jay deliver his monologue. We get it "Michael Jackson is Creepy" and "Paris Hilton is a Whore" how much more do we have to hear it. However, there are some bright spots sometimes a contributor will come up with some good material or a guest will be surprisingly entertaining. The best part of the show every night is when Jay say's "Stay tuned for Conan."
  • I thought it was the best talk show...until Conan

This is definitely a very funny and cool show. This talk show stars Jay Leno who takes over for the Late Johnny Carson. He follows the standard talk show procedure. Monologue followed by skit, followed by the interviews, then ending it with live entertainment * be it music or stand up comedy* The seemingly genuine dialogue between Leno and his band leader Kevin Eubanks is always funny. His jokes are sometimes funny, and when its a bad joke he isnt particularly great at getting out of the awkward moments. Overall its definitely one of the best talk shows but Conan O Brien to me is the better host.
  • He rocks at 11:35!

I watch the Tonight Show with Jay Leno every day. Usually the monologue is cheesy and full of fluff, but oh well. My favorite sketches are the real ones, like Headlines and 99 Cent Store. It's funny seeing how dumb some people can be sometimes. He's better than David Letterman. Great guests, good interaction. I can't wait for Conan to come.
  • Hilarious!

Jay Leno is such a funny guy! I love his monologues and the "Headlines" segment. The episode where he did the "All Michael Jackson Monologe" was very funny. This show is 100% CLASSIC! I hope this show goes on for a long time.

***If I become a celebrity, I hope I'll be a guest on his show . . . . . . . . Ha! Like that'll ever happen!***
  • I grew up watching this.

The Tonight Show is a decent show I've been watching since I was little. Jay always has some humerous jokes. My personal favorite is Headlines. Of course, the guests and music is great too. Another great sketch is midnight confessions. Overall the Tonight Show is a good and decent late night talk show.
  • Great Show

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno is a great show, probably one of the best things to watch late at night. Its very funny but some episodes are kind of boring. The little things he does on every episode are good like 'Headlines', which is my favorite thing. Its a great show and is something everyone should watch late at night.
  • Letterman who? Leno owns late night.

Unlike Conan and Letterman, Leno is actually funny! The conversations he has with his guest are always interesting and never lame like Conans. The best part of Leno is the monday night "headlines". Headlines has been ripped off time and time again by other shows but it was done on Leno first. The comedy and interviews in general are much better quality then other shows. With Leno most of his guest seem to be enjoying themselfs and I think this is because Leno takes time to know all his quest and remains friends with a lot of them off camera. I will be sad when this show comes to a end because it is an enjoyable end to my day.
  • Even with top-notch competition, The Tonigh Show with Jay Leno is still one of my favorite shows to watch from the 11:30-12:30 hour.

I often hear people criticize Jay Leno for the wonderful job he does on The Tonight Show. Granted, he's not the funniest guy alive, but I think the show is filled with a great style, and pretty funny comedy to help get me through the night.

Perhaps one of my favorite parts of the show is the beginning: the jokes. Most of his jokes are down to earth and funny. They usually last about 10-15 minutes and provides a good time for the older members of the family to sit and watch together. Keeping up to date with current affairs and adding in some oddities, the jokes are always a blessing.

The second segment of the show, which varies day-by-day usually are quite funny. Regulars, like Headlines and Jay-Walking always please. One negative to the second segment of the show is the fact that not all the activities they do are as interesting (i.e. Interviewing "King Tut"). Other one-time stints, including "What We Found on eBay" are very welcoming and funny.

The interviews bring the show to a serious stand. While Jay interviews many high-paid names, he also brings in some unknown, or less popular people which adds in a twist. I have to be honest though: some of the interviews and interviewees at that are just plain boring. But hey, you can't expect every performer to be top-notch for a 10-minute gig with Jay.

The musical guests are welcoming. I often don't know who many of the singers are, but the quality is always top-notch.

Another notable item about the show is the band. Night after night they perform, and even though viewers at home cannot watch, they seem fun. The few second clips that I hear please me, and when Jay interacts with the band with personal jokes, it becomes quite comical.

Even though there are funnier comedians, or better late night shows, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is a very special show to me. Maybe it was staying up late and watching with my dad. Either way, this is one great show not worth passing up.
  • Jay Leno is an ok show with a few good bits, but there is better Shows on at the same time

6.2
    This used to be one of my favorite shows to watch, but after a while th jokes get repetetive. The show starts with a boring monologue, where there are a few good jokes that he repeats over and over, and sometimes in different ways. the stuff he does after the monologue is rarely funny, some of his best are headlines on monday, and jaywalking, then theres guests and musical guests which can be sometimes interesting.
  • This show is so funny!

I think the Jay Leno show is the funniest Late Night show (Next to Conan) out there. His jokes at the beginning are so funny, especially Headlines on Monday's which is hilarious. Now Jay beats David Letterman by a mile in the funny factor, David's show is so lame and his jokes are corny.

The guests are also cool, watching them get interviewed and answering some of the questions, I've been wanting to ask. I reccomend this show to anyone who wants to watch something at 11:35 nad can't go to sleep becuase this show will leave you laughing till dreamland.
  • It's okay, it's late night tv.

Jay Leno is funny here and there. I really tune to show when im up, and need a quick laugh. I usually watch for the jokes, leave for the interviews. Jay Leno and David Letterman are about the same on the comedy level. Not much to say about late night TV.
  • I don't get why you would watch an act as hackneyed and boring as Leno's when Letterman is on at the same time. This show lacks any true creative spark.

Either you are with Leno or Letterman. I tend to fall into the Letterman camp. I used to watch Leno though.

I found his sketches to be REALLY cheesy. I mean, some of that is expected for a late night show. But Leno's lack of acting skill is just too much to handle. And Kevin Eubanks doesn't seem to have much personality for a band leader/sidekick--just kind of sits there and laughs at all of Leno's lame jokes.

The comedy of this program feels routine to me. Nothing new or interesting. Letterman (at least back in his prime) and O'Brien for that matter feel like they're doing more to push the envelope and try new things. I've never seen Leno expiriment like that.

If you like Leno, you'll like this show. But do yourself a favor and see what else is out there. With cable now, there's much better stuff to fill your time even at 11:30 at night.
1 2 3 >