The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

NBC (ended 2014)

foolishtv

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Fan Reviews (77)

• We are all going to see John Caparulo

John Caparulo is playing watseka theatre watseka illinois on st patricks day saturday march 17, 2012. Cap is sooooooo funny. Are you going too...
  • Can't wait to see your show every week night.

Dear Jay: Just wanted to let you know how great it is to have you doing The Tonight Show. We never even watched one show after you left. Mr. O'Brien is not even funny and never will be. Now,the only thing missing is Kevin Eubanks and The Tonight Show Band. Sorry, but Ricky is not even close to Kevin. He will never have the charisma or the close connection that came across between you and Kevin. I know we are all creatures of habit and nobody likes change, but Ricky just doesn't have "IT" and never will. Hopefully he will not hurt your show and be your downfall. If you ever get a chance and Kevin wants to come back, please jump at the chance. Kevin is 1,000 times better Ricky. Your Monologue, Jay Walking and Headliners are the best. Mr. Leno, we have been trying for more than four years to have our little two bedroom home rebuilt after Hurricane Katrina took everything we owned. My husband Harry is a retired, disable New Orleans Fire Fighter who risked his life every day for 20 years to save others. Now in his time of need, there is no one out there to help. Your show may well be the only thing he has to look forward to because it doesn't look like we will ever have a home of our own again. Thanks for being the only bright spot in our lives.
  • The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is a talk-show hosted by Jay Leno.

I just love this show! I started watching The Tonight in January 2007. When its Monday, I love how Jay picks the most hilarious headlines. He is one of my favorite talk-show hosts. I think I'll be watching The Tonight Show for a long time. In my opinion, Jay chooses awesome guests to come on his show. I think John Melendez, the show announcer does a great job. Also, Kevin Eubanks and the Tonight Show Band are a very fit band for the Tonight Show. I give this show an applause, thumbs up, and a perfect 10. You will always find this show on my favorite shows list.
  • THAT'S RIGHT, I GAVE LENO THE BIG 10

Amazing. Superb. Out. Of. This. World.
    I'm a Leno fan, are you? Course you are, everyone is. Unlike other less than perfect shows - can anyone say The Jon Stewart show - Leno actually has a great aray of guests, all the time, nothing boring or snore worthy, at least never for me. It's great that Leno acually airs internationally at relatively the same time as it airs in it's hometown USA. While it not airing elsewhere in record time doesn't affect me because I'm happily watching in Beverly Hills, I appreciate it. I just love Leno, he does a great job, he's funny, he's not overdone - cough Conan - and he paid a visit to Ellen DeGeneres on stage when she was sick; Can you say awwwwwww? Rofl Rofl. But really, Leno's the man!
  • Bada Bababa I'm Loving it!

He's fat. He's funny. He has a friendly future. He is a phenomenon and a legend to late nighters. I myself a common night owl love his show. I love how he has special guests. They are really fun to see possibly my favorite singer on there my friendly teased. That kind of stuff is funny. It is fun to know about themselves by being playfully critisized. (Or however you spell it) I wish he was on in the day too because sometimes I am too tired to watch his show in the night or I fall asleep in it.
  • the show is mainly about comedy, some news, interviews with celebbrities and more.

the show is hilarious. i first got to know it from my dad as he would watch it every night so i got a chance to watch it once in a while and my favourite joke is the wheel of constipation.but here have been many interviews with actors, comedians and more but one of my favourite parts about some episodes are jay walking and one i forgot the title but who needs to...... altnoughi don't offten watch it i always have a good laugh.
  • This show is the funniest show on earth I mean it. It was wonderful that Jay had Phyllis Dillar on the show last night.I love the Phoney Photo Booth segments their so out of this world funny it is so hysterical.I miss the Fruitcake lady she was funny.

Why does Keven wear long sleeves all the time?. It is possible that it is very cold in their?. If their was a contest between Conan vs. Jay, I would pick Jay Leno. I give the tonight show with Jay Leno two thumbs up. And if Jay Leno is reading this : Keep up the good work Jay.
  • Fantastic!!! Jay is amazing!

I love this show soooo much!!! Besides the show I like Jay Leno!!! He is amazing! I like to watch this show because of the stars and news! I love when guest is some my fav movie star or singer!!! I remember when guest was Matthew Perry!!! I was completely crazy at that moment, I couldn't belive!!! Ps: I was crazy, 'cause matthew is my fav actor!!! This show is absolutely fabulous!!!
  • I like Leno, because unlike most other talk show hosts he doesn't do his jokes based on agenda.

Leno has done alright, he obviously is no Johnny Carson, but I'm sure he would say that too. I like him better than the left wing guys like Letterman & Conan, because he makes fun of anything and everything. He sometimes carries jokes on too long, but for the most part his show is reallly good. Kevin Eubanks is funny too, and does a good job, even John Melendez, who I never liked when he was on Howard Stern, isn't bad on the show. He will be missed when he retires, because he did a good job in his short term as the tonight show host.
  • One word. FUNNY AS HELL! Wait a minute..

Mygawd. though i barely watch it, i absolutly love it! This guy, is so hilariouse! Especially when he shows those newspaper and advertisments that sound funny and have funny mistakes. But even in the other part of the show, he is one of the funniest guys you can laugh with!

Heck, i even went to one of his shows when he came down here in Miami, but the tickets were a bit high, but for a man that can be so funny, it would be worth it.
  • The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

I have watched the Tonight show since the days of Johnny Carson. When Johnny decided to retire I thought I would never watch the show again. However, it did not take long for Jay to take Johnny\\\'s place in my hall of fame. Jay is the consumate commedian and talk show host. I am amazed how he can make fun of someone and then a week later have him or her on the show. Jay\\\'s ability to improvise is just amazing. Add Kevin Eubanks to the formula and you have a great team. This show is so laid back it is very easy watching. Even when I am not interested in the guests Jay has on (his one weakness, repeat guests) I am still interested in the hillarity that goes on on the show. I am especially fond of the \\\"headlines\\\" segments which in my opinion are the funniest part of the show. I hear a rumor that Jay is going to retire in three years and Conan O\\\'Brian is going to replace him. I hope this does not happen as there is no way Conan can replace a legend like Jay. (Conan doesn\\\'t have enough chin!!)
  • Late night variety. The best there is.

My nights are not complete without Jay Leno. The Tonight Show is definitely the king of late night shows. With the variety formula seen in LateShow and Latenight monologue, guest and musical guest, the tonight show never gets old. You get the funny monologue and entertaining interviews with hollywood actors, sometimes they have a good band playing at the end. Jay Leno is definitely a big part of my day. People watch the news on a daily basis. I don\'t, but I watch Jay Leno daily, and it will be that way until he leaves the show. The Tonight Show is both entertaining and an essential part of my day.
  • "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" is classic. There is no other late-night host I like better than Jay; though Conan and Ferguson are close. Letterman is just boring; oh wait, intelligent and witty, my bad.

The first word that comes to mind when I think of Jay Leno - besides funny - is underappreciated. This man is a classic entertainer and yet he gets more crap than any other mainstream TV personality in the world. I just do not understand why people hate him so much. Letterman gets all the respect in the world, yet every time I\'ve watched his show I\'ve been bored to tears. All these people compare Leno to their god, Johnny Carson, as if he\'s supposed to try to emulate his predeccessor. It\'s ridiculous. Look, Leno makes me laugh, Letterman does not - so I watch Leno. Stop criticizing him like a cynical jerk and just watch who you want to watch. I feel sorry for the man. He\'s got the best job in television and he does it very well, yet people just attack him so viciously because they prefer Letterman. Screw them. I will miss Jay Leno when he\'s gone, and so will millions of others.

www.sorryaboutleroy.com (read the article about David Letterman)
  • BEST night talk show EVER!

Jay Leno absolutely ROCKS! He is hilarious, his show is well organized and funny! It is just the best nightly talk show! He totally beats out David Letterman! And Conan? He Is Not Even Funny! Jay Leno always has the best guests (well mostly always). One of my personal favorite episodes was just recently with Connie Chung. I really got to see her personality thatnks to Jay! Who knew she was so funny and likeable! Which is another great thing about Jay! With his interviews, he really lets you get to know hollywood's TRUE personalities! He lets us see the phonies from the greats. His show is a 5 ***** star show!
  • Excellent.

Jay Leno is the perfect person to take the infamous Johnny Carson's place, though he isn't as great as Carsinio, he will make it as far as he wants. The Jay Leno show is hillarious with Headlines, Jaywalk Hall of Fame, Teenage Wasteland, and what ever else he does. The Tonight Show is the greatest.
  • He rocks at 11:35!

I watch the Tonight Show with Jay Leno every day. Usually the monologue is cheesy and full of fluff, but oh well. My favorite sketches are the real ones, like Headlines and 99 Cent Store. It's funny seeing how dumb some people can be sometimes. He's better than David Letterman. Great guests, good interaction. I can't wait for Conan to come.
  • Hilarious!

Jay Leno is such a funny guy! I love his monologues and the "Headlines" segment. The episode where he did the "All Michael Jackson Monologe" was very funny. This show is 100% CLASSIC! I hope this show goes on for a long time.

***If I become a celebrity, I hope I'll be a guest on his show . . . . . . . . Ha! Like that'll ever happen!***
  • Letterman who? Leno owns late night.

Unlike Conan and Letterman, Leno is actually funny! The conversations he has with his guest are always interesting and never lame like Conans. The best part of Leno is the monday night "headlines". Headlines has been ripped off time and time again by other shows but it was done on Leno first. The comedy and interviews in general are much better quality then other shows. With Leno most of his guest seem to be enjoying themselfs and I think this is because Leno takes time to know all his quest and remains friends with a lot of them off camera. I will be sad when this show comes to a end because it is an enjoyable end to my day.
  • Who thought of this amazing show?? Thats what I want to know. So cool!

This show is the awesomest, funniest show ever!! It is every night other than Saturday and Sunday. It shows at 9:35 pacific time. 10:35 mountain time. 11:35 central. 12:35 eastern. Every monday, he does this thing where he shows funny and different headlines. Like, one time, on Martin Luther King Jr. day, he had s sign that said "Martian" Luther King Jr. Ha, ha, that was so funny!!
    The audience laughed so hard! Whoever came up with thid show is so awesome! I'd really like to meet Jay Leno. He is a funny guy! Hmmm... I wonder what he is going to do next monday. JAY LENO ROX!
  • Jay leno has guests and does comedy

The Tonight Show is NBC's long-running late-night talk and variety show, currently hosted by Jay Leno in Burbank, California, USA. The hour-long show premiered September 27, 1954 as a 105-minute broadcast originating from New York City and hosted by Steve Allen. The show features at least two guests each night, usually including a comedian or musical guest. Leno has announced that he will step down as host in 2009, and has named current Late Night host Conan O'Brien as his successor.[1]

Now in its 52nd season (though its roots date back to a local New York program called Broadway Open House in the early 1950s), The Tonight Show is the second longest-running entertainment program in U.S. television history (after the soap opera Guiding Light).

While NBC executive Pat Weaver is credited as the Tonight Show creator (he created its morning companion, Today), Allen had already created much of the structure of Tonight with his local New York late-night show, which premiered in 1953 on what is now WNBC-TV.

Each incarnation of The Tonight Show, as outlined below, is generally considered its own entity, with pop culture references frequently referring to the show by its host name more often than as The Tonight Show. The longest-serving host to date was American comedian Johnny Carson who held sway over a 30-year run as the host of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson during which time the series was often also referred to as The Johnny Carson Show or, simply, Carson. The current host, Jay Leno, has been in place since 1992 and similarly his version of the show is often referred to simply as Leno. The series has also featured many guest hosts over the years, particularly during Carson's reign during his vacations and when he no longer hosted the series five nights a week.

The Tonight Show became the first American television show to broadcast with MTS stereo sound in 1984. On April 26, 1999, the show started broadcasting in 1080i HDTV, becoming the first American nightly talk show to be shot in HD. The show is shot in 16:9 aspect ratio with a 4:3 center-cut for standard definition TV viewers.

A kinescope exists of the very first broadcast of The Tonight Show (then called simply, Tonight); Steve Allen welcomed viewers with the warning, "This show is going to last forever", referring to the running time. He has yet to be proven wrong.
  • The best night talk show, period.

This show is funny, with all the bits and guests, I specially like the Jaywalking segments and the monologue of course. Headlines are a must and the musical guests rock.

This show doesn't use sarcasm ofter like others and does not need to be on cable to be funny, Jay always get along with guests, no matter who and he has a nice funny relation with the band leader Kevin.

This show is more about entertaiment value with a well balanced monologue, comedy bits, guest stars and good music, it has everything for all the public.

If you're bored at night and don't know what to do I recommend tunning into this show.

• Late Night King Reins Supreme

I've always been a secret fan of Jay but unfortunately I never get to see his show due to the fact we don't get NBC in New Zealand, which is unfortunate because we should be able to watch it on here.

He's funny and quite a down-to-earth guy, true he's no Carson but he's pretty damn close if you ask me.
  • My favorite late night show, along with The Daily Show.

First and foremost, Letterman's show is nothing compared to this one. Leno is funnier than Letterman and that's the end of it. From the opening monologue to the musical guests, Jay has the better material. The monologues are always worth the 15 minutes and I always enjoy Jay and Kevin Eubanks' cracks at each other. The highlight gags are always a treat to watch-whether it is the classic headlines and jaywalking or correspondents covering whatever. When it comes to guests, Leno gets the best guests. To those who come here to bash Jay Leno, don't. Just stay in Letterman's show and write a review there.
  • So funny! Jay Leno can make great jokes! :D

This is a great show! I think it is a lot better than David Lettermand or Conan O'Brian or whatever. I like to watch it as if it is kinda of a late-night treat. I also like it that when it comes to being political, he is on both sides.
  • Jay Leno hosts the tonight show as part of NBC which is the leader in late-night TV. Jay Leno started out as a guest host for Johnny Carson, who latter made him the pernament guest host. After Johnny Carson Retired Jay Leno won the possision against Dav

I see a lot of the reviews saying, why do people watch this as oppose to David Letterman? Well first off, why do you think Jay Leno was picked ahead of Letterman? Well he does a lot better job of course. Jay Leno also has better guests then David Letterman who normally has guests after they have been on the Tonight Show. David Letterman has way to many commercials as well. Once I was waiting for like ten minutes for the next guest. He had some segment that lasted like two seconds about having someone kicked out of the ed sullivan show, and then there was another commercial. When it came back on, he said we will be right back with our next guest and there was another commercial. It was really annoying, because I have watched the Tonight Show more and I have never seen anything like that happen. Jay Leno also has great segments such as Headlines, and Jay-walking. Headlines feature newspaper articles and catalogs that feature errors that corospond with the arlticle itself. They can be quite funny.
  • Even with top-notch competition, The Tonigh Show with Jay Leno is still one of my favorite shows to watch from the 11:30-12:30 hour.

I often hear people criticize Jay Leno for the wonderful job he does on The Tonight Show. Granted, he's not the funniest guy alive, but I think the show is filled with a great style, and pretty funny comedy to help get me through the night.

Perhaps one of my favorite parts of the show is the beginning: the jokes. Most of his jokes are down to earth and funny. They usually last about 10-15 minutes and provides a good time for the older members of the family to sit and watch together. Keeping up to date with current affairs and adding in some oddities, the jokes are always a blessing.

The second segment of the show, which varies day-by-day usually are quite funny. Regulars, like Headlines and Jay-Walking always please. One negative to the second segment of the show is the fact that not all the activities they do are as interesting (i.e. Interviewing "King Tut"). Other one-time stints, including "What We Found on eBay" are very welcoming and funny.

The interviews bring the show to a serious stand. While Jay interviews many high-paid names, he also brings in some unknown, or less popular people which adds in a twist. I have to be honest though: some of the interviews and interviewees at that are just plain boring. But hey, you can't expect every performer to be top-notch for a 10-minute gig with Jay.

The musical guests are welcoming. I often don't know who many of the singers are, but the quality is always top-notch.

Another notable item about the show is the band. Night after night they perform, and even though viewers at home cannot watch, they seem fun. The few second clips that I hear please me, and when Jay interacts with the band with personal jokes, it becomes quite comical.

Even though there are funnier comedians, or better late night shows, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is a very special show to me. Maybe it was staying up late and watching with my dad. Either way, this is one great show not worth passing up.
  • Jay Leno is hilarious and his delivery is perfect!

This show is incredible. I make sure to DVR it every night so I don't miss it =] The monologues are always mad funny. I think the highlights of this show are the talking photobooth which they do every so often ; and headlines. Plus he has great musical performances by artists who can perform REAL music and not most of the garbage they play on the radio now. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect Ten is because sometimes he has pretty boring guests and I usually skip past the interviews unless it's a celebrity I know [I loved the Miley Cyrus interview..she was sooo hyper!]. I like when Jeff Corwin comes on too [which is pretty often] :D Well yeah - you gotta watch this show every night!
  • The King of Talk Show

Jay Leno is and always will be the man! i mean seriously he knows how to be funny. The thing Jay Leno has that every other talk show host doesn't have is timing. Jay Leno often pauses slightly in between his jokes so that the auidence and the viewers get the full effects. Jay Leno always nails the timing perfectly. Jay Leno also really knows how to play off his guests making them tell funny stories and adding comments to get the full effect. I think Jay Leno is awesome and i love how he makes fun of how old Mccain is.
  • Oh goodie!

At me, the show airs at a quite late hour (I considered it late if I have school the next morning) but every time I sacrifice myself to watch the famous Jay Leno and I don't regret it. My mom keeps arguing with me when I laugh very loud and she can't sleep (she eventualy get used to it),so that's how funny it is! I like Jay Leno, he's a very good host, he can make a joke about anythiiiing,and a funny one too. Besides that,the conversations with the celebrities are warm and witty, and he doesn't have any restrictions whatsoever to make fun of them. So,go go JAY !!
  • Great Show

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno is a great show, probably one of the best things to watch late at night. Its very funny but some episodes are kind of boring. The little things he does on every episode are good like 'Headlines', which is my favorite thing. Its a great show and is something everyone should watch late at night.
< 1 2 3