The Tracey Ullman Show

FOX (ended 1990)

The Tracey Ullman Show Fan Reviews (4)

7.7
  • Fun Show

The Tracey Ullman Show was a good variety show that introduced imo the best television show ever. The Simpsons. All anyone really remembers about this show was The Simpsons. It's a shame because Tracey Ullman had a lot of talent. As the show went on, The Simpsons became so popular that they got their own show. Right after The Simpsons left Tracey Ullman left too. There is one problem though. This show was never officially released on DVD. I have found a place to buy the show if you are interested. All episodes are from original airings on FOX, so if you are interested, here's a link:

• Where's the DVD?

Surely someone has put the series on DVD? I can't find anything on Amazon, though. The "City of Strangers" (done to the music of The Lion Sleeps Tonight) and "Drugs and Guns" (Mama Said There'd be Days Like This) skits from season two have to be some of the most amazing ever! Not many actors are able to get that mix of comedy and poignance into their characters, much less in well written vignettes. It's interesting now to go back and see what the voices of the Simpsons were up to when the cartoon series itself was just being born! They're great actors, too.
  • True Wackiness

What can be said about this show. It was ahead of it's time, it's star was amazingly funny, telented, beautiful (sigh) and so forward looking. She led the way for numerous shows to follow. Oh and yes she started the simpsons. FOx gave us what we really needed humour, when it was realy required
  • not funny

0.2
    this tracy ullman thing was never funny. believe me. the only thing that came outta it was the simpsons and now that show is utter crap as well. this show was filled with boring gags and 80s uncomical jokes that... you would have to be really dull to laugh at it.