The Triangle Forums

Syfy (Mini-Series 2005)

five million $

NotFadeAway

[1]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 10
    So, are we to assume they each found the $5M check in the mail??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Minarvia

[2]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 39
    Yes, the cross that was given to Thomas by the shipping company owner was a sign that yes I do remember what happen despite the fact that the rest of the world doesn't.

lhcjr

[3]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 5
    Benirel,the CEO, not the hard-nosed brother, knows what happened and rewarded the group for their efforts. I think that showing Thomas receive his check implies that the other three received theirs.

DogDocATL

[4]Dec 25, 2005
    • level: 1
    I guess the ending left me feeling either I was being stupid or missed something. First of all, he took that check off his desk like he had already seen it and knew about it before the group went to see Benirall. Why would they all go see the brother and ask about their money if they already had it? I was thinking Thomas was the only one that got the money but WHY? This ending was a big let down, the writer expects you to figure out the "twist" on your own, sort of like writing the answer in parentheses on the script so everyone working on the project understand it but nobody watching it does.

Sort of reminds me about the ending of Tim Burton's _Planet of the Apes_. There is a sort of weird logic about Thade making it back to earth before Davidson (People forget about the downed spacship in the swamp), but there are too many jumps that the viewer has to make to put it all together.

Minarvia

[5]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 39
    And if you think the miniseries ending is confusing, don't go and read the book because that ending is harder to understand. And yes there is a novel for the miniseries, because the ending that you are talking about isn't even in the novel.

Here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159687161X/qid=1136866704/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-1902503-2403014?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Aussie_JAG

[6]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yeah the ending was a little disappiointing, after all that happened for everything to go back to 'normal' and no one but the group and Benirall knowing what really happened it was a bit of a let down. Still very well made though!!