The Troop

Nickelodeon

The Troop Fan Reviews (19)

• LAME SHIT

It's horrible

Nuff Said
  • It's gahbage

faaaaaaaaaaap
  • Trash

Trashy
  • Ghostbusters ripoff in a way

I think this show ripped off Ghostbusters and here is why:

The Troop has a worst enemy like the . (Gus and the EPA guy) They have futuristic high-tec weapons they heavily depend on. They have a swanky place of buisness Their goal is to trap an unnormal creature and keep it locked up for good.
  • VERY AWFUL

I wanted to like this show, but it sure bombed big alright.

This show is basically MIB with teenagers with computer animation that makes it laughable for the audience because it looks like something from a playstation game. And we all say Dark Wolf had shit CGI.

The actors suck at acting. They suck so bad that they should have ended the series after the first episode.

It's so boring I regretted watching this.
  • This is bad! This is very bad!

I would't scrub the inside of a Sentry Gun's exhaust port with this.
  • Nope.

For all you people say "Give it a chance!", you think I haven't given it a chance? Do you know how much I used to adore Nick and Disney Channel? I watched the brand new shit they put on there for hours and waited for it to get better. Never did. Now there are only a few good show left on Nick and nothing on Disney. Shut the hell up because I know what I'm saying when I say that this show is SHIT.

The special effects are sad. So sad. I mean, in a time like this, can't you make all the aliens that the main characters are fighting

The main characters themselves are very irritating and stupid. As usual, the smart girl character is way hyped up. All so boring and typical.

So it gets a two.
  • Ok Bad and Good

Well I liked this show but there are many down sides and up sides to it.

Good: It was pretty amusing with the polt. I like the gears and the monsters are pretty cool.....kinda.

Bad: Buget cuts! There effects are totally fake, even the monsters! It ends in pretty much the same way and it is plain annoying! So mostly I hated it.
  • Should I Be ashamed to call this show Abysmal.

Which is more duller ''The Troop'' or ''Watching Grass Grow''. Personally The Troop is Duller. Ok , First of all, Whow watches this show (I Am even ashamed to call this a show). Also this show seems to be a Ripoff of the Jetix show ''Monster Buster Club (MBC)'' That was horrible, than this show comes thats even worse than MBC. Where did they find the cast in this show, There about the Ugliest People I Have ever seen on TV. But this is defianatly the worst Nickelodeon L;ive action ever (along with ''Naked Brothers Band''). Also lets not forget the editing, Special Effects and CGI Monsters. Thats the worst and most fakest Editing I Have ever seen (Probably even worse than Power rangers). This show is supposed to be Funny, But all it does is making the show even worse. I Dont recomened the show to anybody.
  • If I really wanted to see a show about a group of humans fighting aliens, I would watch the Men in Black movies and cartoon series

The Troop is just another one of those shows that the moment you saw a promotion about it, it looked uninteresting and unoriginal. The show is about a group of friends named Jake, Hayley, and Felix. They are part of an organization called The Troop, whose main mission is to defend the city and world from aliens (gee, whee have I heard that story line before?). Now while the storyline is rehashed from other shows, most shows can make them interesting with twists and new features added, but The Troop throws that idea out the window. The actors and actresses are all terrible in this show. Their characters are rather undeveloped and lack a personality to them, most of them are annoying, they either underact or go way over the top, and the dialogue they speak is terrible. The monsters are just flat out ridiculous. I feel like I am looking at monsters from a cheesy 50s or 60s sci fi movie, but at least they were humorous for that time, but this doesn't work. The monsters look like someone on the set was forced to run out to a local Walmart or Party City and get the costumes which were probably $5 each. Even the animations for the monsters look really bad, and they move like they have arthritis. Also the special effects in this movie are just terrible. Everything looks so out of date in the CGI and nothing even looks interesting. The weapons The Troop uses are also laughable. Why are they big blue guns the way to take out aliens? Couldn't they make the weapons a little more realistic and sci fi looking? They look more like Super Soakers then lasers. The Troop is also located in probably the stupidest location, a school where the main heroes attend. Could they not find another area or something? It comes off rather stupid. Sorry all of you The Troop fans, but this show is just unoriginal and uninspired to say the least. If you want a show about humans fighting aliens, just see the Men in Black movies and cartoon instead. You aren't missing anything in this show.
  • Walmart: the Series, summed up already.

(thank you! I wanted to say this, but couldn't...)

The Troop is just another one of those shows that the moment you saw a promotion about it, it looked uninteresting and unoriginal. The show is about a group of friends named Jake, Hayley, and Felix. They are part of an organization called The Troop, whose main mission is to defend the city and world from aliens (gee, whee have I heard that story line before?). Now while the storyline is rehashed from other shows, most shows can make them interesting with twists and new features added, but The Troop throws that idea out the window. The actors and actresses are all terrible in this show. Their characters are rather undeveloped and lack a personality to them, most of them are annoying, they either underact or go way over the top, and the dialogue they speak is terrible. The monsters are just flat out ridiculous. I feel like I am looking at monsters from a cheesy 50s or 60s sci fi movie, but at least they were humorous for that time, but this doesn't work. The monsters look like someone on the set was forced to run out to a local Walmart or Party City and get the costumes which were probably $5 each. Even the animations for the monsters look really bad, and they move like they have arthritis. Also the special effects in this movie are just terrible. Everything looks so out of date in the CGI and nothing even looks interesting. The weapons The Troop uses are also laughable. Why are big blue guns the way to take out aliens? Couldn't they make the weapons a little more realistic and sci fi looking? They look more like Super Soakers then lasers. The Troop is also located in probably the stupidest location ever, a school where the main heroes attend. Could they not find another area or something? It comes off rather stupid. Sorry all of you The Troop fans, but this show is just unoriginal and uninspired to say the least. If you want a show about humans fighting aliens, just see the Men in Black movies and cartoon instead. You aren't missing anything in this show. ...or watch Ghostbusters.
  • A corny, monstrous piece of crap...

Like I've said in a dozen other reviews, Nick is sucking it up big time besides Spongebob and Penguins. Well along came this show last year with a cry of despair from the dying Nickelodeon. Well their cry of despair didn't work. This show is about Jake and Felix as they battle mutated monsters. Men in Black anyone? Or is it just a corny rip-off of all those alien movies you've seen on TV? First of all, Nick is a CARTOON channel. Second, if they want to make this show good, they need to have real weapons, or at least cool sci-fy weapons instead of a bunch of blue, cheesy giant guns. Second, why would their base be under the school? That's even more corny. Third, the animation sucks with the monster's. They look butt-ugly, and I want to shield my eyes when I see them. 4th, I think Felix isn't made to be in this show. He's a wimpy, scrawny, piece of dung that shouldn't even consider acting. Last but not least, the story's keep getting worse. I think they've had almost 4 episodes now with this one psychopath named Gus. Really, this shrimp is getting irritating.
    ~DerangedLemur
  • to be honst it's G@y it boring as H3ll

wiil ikind of dont like it because they all acts like a a$$es and the effacts suck and is not interting. it sucks i dont like it it's just a wast of nickaloadein and all the show. .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . .. . . .. . . it sucks i hope its ends it boring and not funny i dont get the point of it
  • Reasonable

My summary reflect just what I think. This show is reasonable. There are as many things that make this show good as there are things that make it bad. In the good corner: the show is reasonably funny, there is a fair abundance of hot girls, the stories are reasonably sound, and the gear is fairly cool. In the bad corner: Feliz is stupid and brings the show down, the Haley/Jake thing is waaaaay underdeveloped (I'm hoping for a kiss in season 2 (bigger and better, right?)), the effects suck and reek of budget cuts, and the overall idea is a little far-fetched. All in all, I can't say that this how is excellent and I can't say its bad either. However, Haley looks hot (a little), so I give it a 8.0.
  • Another show you guys should give another chance.

This show really isn't bad. I mean, lets get straight to the point. Three ordinary kids find out they need to fight the monsters that are killing everyone in there schoolyard. How can that be any bad! I have been watching this show recently and turns out it's actually a really good show. And I mean the reason I said you guys should give this show another chance is because that show True Jackson VP that all you guys hate it really isn't that bad like this one. So to sum up this not very detailed review, I say that this is just one of those shows that you really should give another chance and I would definetly approve of this show for both boys and girls.
  • Stupid, Pointless Crap with bad acting and effects...

I only watched a single episode of this show to know it's bad.

For one, the effects are horrible. The monsters in this show look like a 5 year drew the monster, and then the animators animated it. It's really disapointing.

Acting in this show is quite bad, and it just proves to you that these kind of show just don't make it. The plot is also extremley boring, leaving you with no interest in the story. Kill this alien. Kill this other alien. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Overall, the troop fails to capture attention.

P.S. - Don't take me wrong Troop fans. This is my opinion.
  • Best Nick Show EVER!

The Troop is a highly suspenceful show about three teens in a monster fighting secret organiziation called the troop. They keep their secret a secret while saving thier town from monsters. If there is someone who witneses a attack of a monster they use a thing called a snark to earase there memory a little so they can't remember. Although sometimes there monsters don't seem all that real, the plot line is great. It's not like other corny nick shows either it hasw it's scary moments and that's what i like about it. i would highly recomend it to anyone who likes scary/scince fiction movies or shows.
  • A show about teens in highschool fighting monsters in thier spare time... lets give it a chance a see where it goes.

The plot of The Troop is not something I would call never heard or thought of before, but it's always good to have at least one show with a specific plot like this one on the air, and I don't really see another current show that has a similar plot of a secret orginization that fights monsters these days, the creator said it is like "Men in Black in Highschool". The grafics, I say, look well done and decent enough or maybe even great, possibly. The monsters, jokes and some episode plots are original and the cast is great. The acting is good and, from what I see, this is a show with a whole mess of potential. So lets give it a chance and don't trash talk it so much.
  • The Troop is a good TV show, and you guys should give it a chance! ! !

This show isn't as bad as i thought. I watched like 5 episodes so far and there pretty good. I didn't expect the graphics to be great cause it's a TV show, but they're pretty good for a TV show. The acting is good. They're acting like regular teens, i mean, how hard can that be. Other than that the show is good. So far my favorite charactors are Jake and Hayley, they kinda act like they have a thing for each other. The monster are cool. Some look pretty real, and some look like they are made of card bord. I for one like this show.