The Tudors

Checkmate

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 13, 2008 on Showtime

• Checkmate

Checkmate was a fitting title for this perfect episode of The Tudors. I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was interesting to see a English Royal Pregnancy during thos times. I thought it was so funny how there were no crowds at the parade for Queen Anne, as her father and was confounded like he really expected some thing more. King Henry makes bold moves, Queen Anne delivers her baby, and The decision in Rome about King Henry might just change every thing. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Tensions rise as England fails to give its new queen the welcome Henry desires, and Anne gives birth to the king's promised "son" - Elizabeth, who will become one of the greatest monarchs who ever lived.

This episode of The Tudors covers a large amount of time. Beginning with the official declaration of Henry's divorce from Catherine and ending with the birth of Elizabeth, England teeters precariously on the edge of schism as Rome prepares to excommunicate Henry if he does not submit to their desires. Allegiances become clearer, and the time has come to truly take sides as Henry prepares to demand that all his subjects swear an oath declaring him the leader of the church in England. The king's own passions for Anne dwindle after the birth of their daughter, and we see him enter into his first extramarital affair. The Tudors sizzles with excitement and intrigue as the second season continues, and make no mistake - soon heads will roll.