The Tudors

Everything Is Beautiful

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 30, 2008 on Showtime

• Everything Is Beautiful

Everything Is Beautiful was a perfect and endearing episode of The Tudors. I really enjoyed this episode because there was a lot of emotional intrigue with many of the characters. There was a lot of plot and character development. King Henry makes himself the Head of the Church of England and soon after banishes Queen Katherine from Court. If nothing else this episode showcases the character driven scenes, dramatic story lines, and life lessons presented. I can only imagine what it was like to live in these times, but this series makes the time period relevant and relatable. I enjoy making complimentary analysis to modern times of the stories put forth. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • The Queen leaves.

7.2
    It's out with the old in with the new and I do not think many people will be complaining about Anne Boleyn replacing her. Not just a more entertaining and interesting personality in history, but a better one on the show.

This episode did lack the blowaway, special moment that filled most Season 1 installments, but there were still several key scenes. Seeing King Henry beating on the informant who spoke of the Queen's wishes was excellent, as is everytime he snaps. Johnathan Rhys Meyers is just doing a phenomenal job with the role and is well-deserving of an Emmy or Golden Globe victory.
  • Why haven't I watched this before...

The summary was what was going through my mind while watching the first episode of the second season I saw the pilot episode last year and thought this would be a decent show to watch beinhg a big fan of Rome I thought this would be a great replacement for that show but then I accidently forgot about the show shame on me I know. Knowing a lot about the Tudors already it is very easy to pick up on this show so I watched it again from this episode and I picked up on the storyline easily, from what I have seen this show is quiet acurrate and is very informative. great acting and this episode was great the scene were they kill the man in the boiled stuff was disgusting and chilling and I liked that. all in all I will begin to watch this show this season.
  • The Tudors returns with a more politically centered episode as Henry tries desperately to secure his marriage to Anne Boleyn.

One of the most refreshing things about The Tudors as a series is that they don't skip over the political intrigue in favor of the romance and sex. This episode of the show is much more political in theme, focusing on the fact that Henry is now actually more concerned with running his country than with romantic liasions, especially now that Anne is the apple of his eye. But the situation only becomes more dangerous as assassination and accusation run rampant, and the people are becoming more and more disapproving of Anne Boleyn. This episode carries a delicious tension throughout, and promises more suspense and intrigue than we could possibly hope for as the second season of The Tudors continues.
  • This episode brings you up to date on what happened in Season One and really gives way for Season Two to begin. It brings in new couple and characters for you to fall in love with or in hate with.

I thought this episode was a great way to start the second season. I loved how the interactions between Anne and Henry have stopped being full sex and is now mostly focusing on the hypnotizing spell she has him under. This episode brings in a lot of new characters to focus on this season. A big one being Thomas Wyatt, who had appeared last season but seems to be involved in this season much more. Mr. Cromwell is now set up to be some sort of villain who is on the King's side, much like Cardinal Wolsey was the last season.

Peter O'Toole as the Pope is genius! His acting is fantastic and he brings a whole new life to this Pope we have heard so much about.

Overall, it was a great episode and I'm excited to see more of this season.