The Tudors Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

episode 10 - henry jerking off

leeeevy

[1]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 3

anyone have any idea why henry was jerking off at the beginning of episode 10? i doubt the drs were looking for a semen sample lol

maybe b/c he loves anne boleyn and wont have sex with any randoms anymore so he needs release some other way?

anyone got any thoughts on this?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackdalek1

[2]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    My reckoning was that Anne Boleyn is the only mistress he now keeps on account of his love for her, and he was simply releasing some tension.

JayMc416

[3]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 18
    I thoughtit was very strange, and even weirder that no noe in the room looked directly at Henry. Although I thought it was great that they synced it with Anne sewing.

jitterfish

[4]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yeh he just wanted release and not with another woman. If it got out he had slept with someone Anne would have lost it and he doesn't want to risk offending her. Poor guy that has to hold the towel -LOL-

Umbrageous

[5]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    why would he want to whack in front of that guy...he's clearly not a homosexual. i just think it's strange.

ch33rio5

[6]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 49
    I'm pretty sure that guy got paid good money for that. I was watching this show about the worst jobs during the rein of Henry VIII and they said that Henry had his own personal butt wiper. This person had to watch him do his business, wipe him, carry the bucket of "stuff" to wherever and dump it.

xbxtv

[7]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    In the Middle Ages the doctors believed that the human organs are swimming in some kind of fluid. The men had to lose semen to renew this fluid or else they would have become sick and/or insane. The women on the other hand couldn't renew the fluid on their own. So, it wasn't to lose tension. It was a sort of remedy...

Aloris

[8]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    What I don't understand is, in every sex scene with Henry, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is so agressive. Why? It's almost like he is raping the poor girls...

lindauk

[9]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 44
    I have only just watched this and found that scene very strange. Like you would want to do that with everyone watching.

TakenMisery

[10]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 12
    Do remember what time period this was and that he is king... I mean I am sure what he was doing was seen different to what it is now... also, that guy in front of him was collecting it all, like the cleaner sorta guy... this makes sense in my head... also it's a tv show and so perhapes some of it could be for effect, dunno LOL

slicksean22

[11]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 7

OMG.

I just watched Episode 10 for the first time today from my DVD's and I was wondering the SAME THING!!!! It's soooooo weird that Henry is jerking off RIGHT THERE with some dude right there holding a towel in front of him. It's....I DON'T GET IT...What on earth is the point. I can see it being to get a release instead of sleeping with some other chick instead of Anne but...why with a servant right there...it's just weird.

niptuckSean

[12]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    He's royalty, it's not too hard to understand...

KariBeth

[13]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    Henry's reign started in 1509 and ended in 1547... it was not the middle ages.. it was the beginning of the renaissance period. Royalty was used to having everyone else do the most menial tasks for them. Why would he clean up his own "mess" when someone else could get paid to do it for him. In actual fact that guy who was doing the cleaning up was pretty high on the totem pole to be able to be the guy to clean up after Henry masturbating After all, you see the other royalty and aristocrats serving him during his meals. You must remember that although this TV-show is amazing and has some historical information, a lot of it is wrong. By the time Henry and Anne actually married he was 42 years old and getting into his heavy weight, this would mean when they started their affair he was in his mid thirty's. Now Johnathan Rhys Myers is gorgeous and 31 but not grotesquely over weight. When Henry was 33 (around 1524) he was in a jousting accident that caused him to hurt his leg and this is the event that people says was the cause of his major weight gain. Therefore, once again, when he was with Anne, he was not the man we see on TV. If you READ "The Other Boleyn Girl" it will give a lot of information that this TV-show does not hit on. The movie that came out is completely inaccurate and not based on the book very much at all. Now saying all this I LOVE this TV-show but I am graduating from university in June with a n honors in History and therefore I watch it with a very critical eye. I have missed it so much though and I cannot wait for it to come back on!

DDDFan

[14]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 9
    Guys, it was obvious it was some kind of remedy or whatever lol Plus, who knows if that was considered logical back then or not.
    Anyways, more fun for me!

Ditto338

[15]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    Umbrageous wrote:
    why would he want to whack in front of that guy...he's clearly not a homosexual. i just think it's strange.
    So do I

BrainiacMM

[17]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    Cause Anne won't give him any Nookie tell he marrys her...

crazybabecake

[18]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 13

KariBeth wrote:
    Henry's reign started in 1509 and ended in 1547... it was not the middle ages.. it was the beginning of the renaissance period. Royalty was used to having everyone else do the most menial tasks for them. Why would he clean up his own "mess" when someone else could get paid to do it for him. In actual fact that guy who was doing the cleaning up was pretty high on the totem pole to be able to be the guy to clean up after Henry masturbating After all, you see the other royalty and aristocrats serving him during his meals. You must remember that although this TV-show is amazing and has some historical information, a lot of it is wrong. By the time Henry and Anne actually married he was 42 years old and getting into his heavy weight, this would mean when they started their affair he was in his mid thirty's. Now Johnathan Rhys Myers is gorgeous and 31 but not grotesquely over weight. When Henry was 33 (around 1524) he was in a jousting accident that caused him to hurt his leg and this is the event that people says was the cause of his major weight gain. Therefore, once again, when he was with Anne, he was not the man we see on TV. If you READ "The Other Boleyn Girl" it will give a lot of information that this TV-show does not hit on. The movie that came out is completely inaccurate and not based on the book very much at all. Now saying all this I LOVE this TV-show but I am graduating from university in June with a n honors in History and therefore I watch it with a very critical eye. I have missed it so much though and I cannot wait for it to come back on!

I've read the Other Boleyn Girl. Very good book. Yes Henry is getting on in weight by the time he is in his late 30's and a lot older in years when him and Anne get married. But I myself would rather watch hot young Jonathan as King Henry, than a fat more historically accurate portrayal. I've seen a lot of things in the series that didn't actually happen or did, but not in the same time-frame as reality.