We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Tudors Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

Overall Opinion of Season 1

What did you think of Season 1?

expatriot

[1]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 53
    Start voting please
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

claudia40

[2]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    I luvvved it, I'm just totally bummed we have to wait until next year

jitterfish

[3]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 2

I wish they had made it a full 22 or so episode season! I liked the portrayal of most of the characters, I don't know much about history for the time period but I never imagined Boleyn to have actually fallen for Henry (more her family just pushed for it) so it was nice to see her portrayed as something other than a power hungry *****. Of course, she might well have been nothing more than that -L- Still, I enjoyed it and want season 2!

Does anyone know how far they intend to go with this show? His whole life or just a couple wives?

Mistress_Adriel

[4]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    I thought it was fab cos I loved the way it was presented in a soap opera style was very ingenious and clever! I especially loved the opening titles where JRM says "you think you know a story but you only know how it ends...." I also know that historically it was not going to be accurate but that did not bother me I just loved the way they brought the characters to life!
    I know that season 3 is being filmed down in Ardmore in Bray at the mo...Yey!!! I just hope that there are going to be more!!!

Stevio

[5]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm only two episodes in but so far I'm really enjoying it. I must say though that I'm surprised Thomas More is being portrayed in a good light considering what an evil man he was. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops.

GiverSSJ

[6]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 13
    Stevio wrote:
    I'm only two episodes in but so far I'm really enjoying it. I must say though that I'm surprised Thomas More is being portrayed in a good light considering what an evil man he was. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops.
    Well, in the show
    ***SPOILER***