TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Tudors Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

Overall Opinion of Season 1

What did you think of Season 1?

expatriot

[1]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 53
    Start voting please
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

claudia40

[2]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    I luvvved it, I'm just totally bummed we have to wait until next year

jitterfish

[3]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 2

I wish they had made it a full 22 or so episode season! I liked the portrayal of most of the characters, I don't know much about history for the time period but I never imagined Boleyn to have actually fallen for Henry (more her family just pushed for it) so it was nice to see her portrayed as something other than a power hungry *****. Of course, she might well have been nothing more than that -L- Still, I enjoyed it and want season 2!

Does anyone know how far they intend to go with this show? His whole life or just a couple wives?

Mistress_Adriel

[4]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    I thought it was fab cos I loved the way it was presented in a soap opera style was very ingenious and clever! I especially loved the opening titles where JRM says "you think you know a story but you only know how it ends...." I also know that historically it was not going to be accurate but that did not bother me I just loved the way they brought the characters to life!
    I know that season 3 is being filmed down in Ardmore in Bray at the mo...Yey!!! I just hope that there are going to be more!!!

Stevio

[5]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm only two episodes in but so far I'm really enjoying it. I must say though that I'm surprised Thomas More is being portrayed in a good light considering what an evil man he was. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops.

GiverSSJ

[6]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 13
    Stevio wrote:
    I'm only two episodes in but so far I'm really enjoying it. I must say though that I'm surprised Thomas More is being portrayed in a good light considering what an evil man he was. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops.
    Well, in the show
    ***SPOILER***