The Tudors Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

Submission tips

expatriot

[1]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 53

Hello fellow fans

I've just become the editor for the Tudors and while I don't know how many submissions I should expect, I thought it only fair to give some hints about submissions. Actually only two hints.

Firstly: please stick to the tv.com general guidelines that can be found here.

Secondly: Names. It looks very odd when different variants of names are used in quotes. Please use full names, so, "Charles Brandon" and "Thomas More", but without titles and other honorifics. Please, do not use "Charles Brandon Duke of Suffolk or "Sir Thomas More" or other titles of nobility.

Only two exceptions to this title malarky: Royalty and clergy. Please use "King Henry" (without VIII, within the context of this series King Henry refers to the main character), "Queen Katherine", "Princess Mary" or "King Francis" as well as  "Cardinal Wolsey", "Bishop Bonnivet", etc.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks and have fun watching

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

expatriot

[2]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 53
    A small additional note: don't blindly trust the Tudors wiki created by Showtime. For instance, several of the season 2 directors listed there are wrong

kini_113

[3]May 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    Please instruct all to mark what session they are posting topics for as to indicate those which may contain spoilers. For some of us have to wait for session 2 to come out on DVD.