The Tudors Forums

Showtime (ended 2010)

Who is your favorite wife so far?

Who is your favorite wife so fare of king Henry's?

TudorRose

[1]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 14

Who is your favorite wife of Henry VIII so fare I would go with Queen Katharine I've always loved her she was beautiful and had such courage. Plus she had a great education.

Edited on 03/20/2009 6:03am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

svrkevi

[2]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    No Anne...I loved how I hated her so much, but also liked her so much. I was sad when she died, but happy at the same time lol

SMGslayer97

[3]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 34
    For the most part Anne, in large part because Natalie did such a great job playing her. I mildly like Katherine and Jane in some ways but because we've seen less of them in comparison to Anne it's hard to compare fairly.

mermayd

[4]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 19
    I've always been fascinated by Anne Boleyn - there is a plaque on the ground at the Tower of London to mark the spot where she was executed.

They probably made it up to entertain tourists but I don't care. It sent chills down my spine when I saw it.

Plus the actress rocks!

cottykl

[5]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 4
    i like anne alot, but after reading a couple books by Philippa Gregory, i don't hate Catherine as much as i did once, and jane seems like a conniving **** what i have seen of her toward the end of season 2 and she is supposedly the plain jane of henry's queens. she seem to be right in the thick of her father and brothers minipulating unlike anne who more or less got forced into it. i can't wait to see her die sad and alone in childbirth (i know, ****y, but i just finished season 2 plus i read this thing at the end of this one book that she made a comment to Anne's ghost that was rather ****y, lol) oh well this is my say.

torque4015

[6]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 18
    I would have to say Anne beacuse she started out as innocent then became ruthless and fell so hard. She was a tragic character I felt so sorry for her. After she was dead they showed Harry having a feast. He really was a P***K wasn't he.

buffyangel4evr_

[7]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    as it stands with only 2 seasons on the books. katherine of aragon is still my favorite. she was a regal and loyal queen to henry til the end. i did end up feeling a lot of sympathy for anne towards the end. henry treated all of his women horribly, although that was how it was back then. to see anne belittled by henry and her becoming more and more paranoid was tragic. not sure of how i feel about jane. she seemed to portrayed like a naive puppet. her family covets the power they will gain once jane marries henry. although historically jane is very influential in family matters, the show makes her seem like she thinks more of her opinion than henry does. jury's out on her for now.

gam97

[8]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 13

I was hesitant whether to choose Katherine or Jane but I decided upon Jane.I loved Katherine because she was a true wife to Henry to the very end. I loved the way she acted so strongly at the court in front of the judge when Henry wanted a divorce. She broke my heart when she came to Henry for help, the very person who brought her to this lowly position.

But I voted for Jane. Inspite of her inner peace and calm appearance, she is a person who takes action without making a fuss. She was just and fair to both Elizabeth and Mary, even though she regarded both mothers differently.

hazelnut144

[9]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm going to have to go with Anne at this point. I liked Katherine (and grew to like her a lot more as the second season progressed), but I always loved Anne. The show just won't be the same without her. As for Jane, she irritates me to no end for some reason. I'm hoping they don't keep her around too long.

adamdhfan4lyf

[10]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 6
    Anne of coarse, she was the best wife! Natalie Dormer was outstanding as her in this show and it will not be the same without her, when she died in the finale a big part of my interest in the show died along with her, Jane is a total s***, and i've always felt sorry for Katherine, I know how Anne wasn't eactly the nicest towards her but Anne will always be my favourite, the way she as treated at the end was out of order and it makes me sick that she was beheaded as a way of letting that t*at Henry marry Jane.

Ladyvamp22

[11]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 6
    Anne by far.....She was such a strong woman and genuine. I think she was a very strong Queen. And if you know any history, you would also know that her strength was passed on to her daughter Queen Elizabeth I (One of the greatest monarchs of England) I believe Anne truly loved the King and should never have been beheaded. I hope the series is succesful and goes on to tell the story of Mary and Elizabeth even after Henry dies.

womanizerjk08

[12]Apr 6, 2009
    I loved Anne I was sad when she died. I watched the first 2 seasons back to back. I think Jane is good. We will see.

Gotal_LCP

[13]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 5
    Catherine is my favourite. She really loved Henry not like the rest.

GiverSSJ

[14]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 13
    The actresses were very good in this roles, and I was suprised with Joss Stone's performance of Anne of Cleves. At first, I didn't think Joss Stone would be able to pull it off. Acting wise, I liked the woman who played Katherine the best.

sherrybobbins09

[15]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 2

Anne was my favourite. Even though she was a complete manipulative cow! Great to watch and I actually got upset when she died. Was hoping somehow that it wouldn't happen but of course u can't change history!

fabby_silva

[16]Jul 7, 2009
    Queen Catherine of Aragon is my fav!

OnePerCentClub

[17]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 35
    Well, I am between Anne and Jane. Anne was fun to hate but Jane was so sweet that she won me over.

yvonneslair

[18]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 55
    I loved to HATE Anne and she was a great character but I was a supporter of Katherine of Aragon, especially when she gave her speech and walked out of the trial that time.
    Edited on 09/13/2009 2:59pm

AuraTodd

[19]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 1

'

mermayd wrote:
    I've always been fascinated by Anne Boleyn - there is a plaque on the ground at the Tower of London to mark the spot where she was executed. They probably made it up to entertain tourists but I don't care. It sent chills down my spine when I saw it. Plus the actress rocks!

No one is really sure where she was executed. I know here ghost is sometimes seen

AliceEarle

[20]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    Far and away, Anne Boleyn.