The Tudors

His Majesty's Pleasure

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 27, 2008 on Showtime

• His Majesty's Pleasure

His Majesty's Pleasure was a perfect and intense episode of The Tudors. I really enjoyed watching this episode as King Henry stays committed to his path, Queen Anne starts feeling insecure and paranoid, Cardinal Fisher and Thomas More both find their fate through their faith with powerful and symbolic imagery, and Cromwell continues to see his power grow. This episode was full of drama, intrigue, desire, faith, and sadness. There was also a lot of character and plot development. The actors really played their parts well, the scenes were amazing, and the dialog was very moving. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!
  • Don't cross the king!

Intrigue, treachery, infidelity, beheadings! It's all here in another fun filled episode of The Tudors.

Actually, it's taken a little bit for this show to grow on me. But it has me hooked. In this episode, King Henry the VIII continues to expect everyone to kowtow to him. This includes Anne Boleyn (in a surreptitious way), his many lovers, all his subjects...he just wants all the power.

It's on this last point that Thomas More will perish. All the kings subject are to swear an oath that the church is led only by the King and not by the Holy Catholic Church. Needless to say, he pays for it with his head, though the King has a conscience. He will feel guilty for this for some time.

Stay tuned...