The Tudors

Moment of Nostalgia

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2010 on Showtime

• Fantastic show

This is a fantastic show to watch. The clothes, the acting, especially Jonathan Meyers who has a face I love to watch. He can do no wrong. Very powerful especially his eyes. I watched all episodes with pleasures. :-)
  • Season 4

I love history. I loved period pieces. I love The Tudors. But this was not a great start to the show's 4th and final season. Too many new characters were introduced and none of them did a particularly good job of getting us to care about them. And the storylines with the characters we are accustomed to were not great either.

It was just so slow-moving and uneventful, and it really felt like the writers said, "Alright, let's just get this over with," as opposed to really trying to create riveting television. Jonathan Rhys Myers is still fantastic in the role, but I hope the rest of the season is an improvement over this.
  • Moment of Nostalgia

Moment of Nostalgia was a perfect and entertaining episode of The Tudors. I really enjoyed watching this episode as Queen Katherine has the entire court in awe, King Henry is in Love, and Katherine has her own secrets. This episode revealed some new character and plot development. There were some great scenes portraying how real people would have acted in these circumstances. This episode was very seductive, sensual and enchanting. Princess Mary is reluctant to make friends with the new Queen. Other sub plots moved forward as well. I really look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!
  • Henry's in marriage #5, and so far...

In reality, Henry was more than twice Catherine's age when they were married. Forget what you learned about Henry VIII in history class, and enjoy the show. The episode progressed nicely, showing the reactions of the different characters when Catherine is introduced as Queen. The only thing that bothered me about the episode was how they portrayed Catherine. She just got really irritating really quickly, and never got better. And the giggling... the mute button came in handy. It'll be interesting to see how the show handles Catherine's tumble from grace. The hints are already there, and now to see how it goes.
  • Wow, the king is really obsessed!!

This episode is all about Catherine, the new queen, and what the king thinks of her, and let me tell you he's head over heels in love (or better put, in lust) with her. The settings and props were magnificent and Jonathan Rhys Myers acting was amaizing! The only thing that annoyed me a bit was the way Katherine was portrayed. I get that she was young, but come on! The made her soooo annoying with the stupid, constant giggles and the fake smiles, and all her childish behaviour. The only scene with her that I enjoyed was the one with Culpepper beacuse it was only in that scene that she seem to have something inside her skull!