The Tudors

Showtime (ended 2010)

anbis82

The Tudors Fan Reviews (51)

• Henry Tudor

The king of England was never so good. I've been fascinated by the story of Henry VIII for quite a long time so when I heard they were making a tv show about Henry I was thrilled but I knew there was a lot to live up to. There is after all a reason they chose him of all the different European monarchs to make a serious about. They do it well too. The cast the perfect king, I adore the set and costume work, they make good but more importantly interesting casting and story choices. The try and work on different sorts of stories, both focusing on the political aspects of Henry's time on the throne and the personnel aspects and choices of his reign. The show is well worth the watch even if you don't know Henry's story but so the better if you do. Accuracy sometimes takes a hit but it's actually more accurate then you'd think and even when they do deviate it's usually only with liberties like time, ago, and to condense. It's a real addictive show, once you start you won't be able to stop. Death, betrayal, sex, intrigue and it's all based on real events. I'd like to see tv shows that aren't based on real stories try to do better. You can't make some of this stuff up.