The Tudors

Search for a New Queen

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 10, 2009 on Showtime

• Search for a New Queen

Search for a New Queen was a superb and intriguing episode because it was full of character and plot development. There was a lot going on in this episode as King Henry sends emmissaries across Europe looking for candidates to be his next bride. The Duchess of Milan was very beautiful and definitely of Spanish decent. I enjoyed the way the German's played with the emmissaries not letting them see the sisters. Cardinal Pole's family face their fates. King Henry's leg continues to grow worse, though he still hides it. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!
  • Protestant Reformation

One of the more exciting topics during King Henry VIII's reign to discuss is the Protestant Reformation and its many religions that branched out from it. In tonight's episode we saw that controversial topic debated from all points of view and I even learned something about Sir Cromwell that I did not know (his true religious beliefs).

This season is getting better and I hope that it can finish on a high note. I like long-running series, but I think the call to end The Tudors at 4 was a good one as there is only so much story to tell.