The Tudors

Secrets Of The Heart

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 13, 2010 on Showtime

• Secrets Of The Heart

Secrets Of The Heart was a really great episode of The Tudors. I really enjoyed watching this episode beacuse there was alot of character and plot development with most of the plot lines. I was impressed by the costumes and set designs. The characters really seemed to fit their parts perfectly. This episode had a great mix of drama, intrigue, and development. Princess Mary is true to her beliefs and makes it known. As King Henry is getting older it seems he is a bit more oblivious. As the Queen and her Ladies are investigated it was interesting to see how far each side would go. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!
  • Finally! Been waiting weeks now for a good episode! But why does King Henry have a Welsh accent?! :-)

I enjoyed this episode and I so wish they'd focused more on this stuff in the past few episodes, it could easily have filled out those last few bland weeks. We now are coming full circle with how the series began: the reform of the Church of England. Queen Catherine Parr is now urging the King to 'finish what he started', and she's sounding a lot like Anne Boleyn. With one episode to go I think we're going to see that comparison played out, with their fates being so different from each other.
    I also 'Hallelujahed' inside when I realised they'd finally aged J.R.M. (but even at that, he's still too handsome to play the obese 54 year-old king at this time!) The only thing that niggles me is that he seems to be developing a Welsh accent this season! Am I missing something? Did Henry spend a large chunk of his life in Wales?! Or is it just an inevitable phenomena when an Irish actor takes on an English accent..? (Geographically Wales is smack-bang in between Ireland and England so it's very plausible)
    That said, I really enjoyed the episode. I was worried the final season was just going to play out on a downhill spiral so it was nice to find myself once again entertained.
    And Kudos to Anne Stanhope for her act of compassion to Anne Askew!

King Henry is clearly very sickly, and I will be the same way when the series finale airs next week. The Tudors has never been the hippest show on the airwaves (I have been mocked for watching it) but it is a consistently entertaining period drama that features a strong ensemble cast and is one of the best acted shows on television. This sure beats Nurse Jackie or whatever else Showtime is airing these days.

I have always been involved and interested in history, but this was such a great counterpiece to textbooks. The Tudors provided me with hours of enjoyable TV and also helped me answer quite a few questions on Jeopardy. What other show can you say that about?

Decent episode tonight.