The Tudors

Sixth And The Final Wife

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 23, 2010 on Showtime

• Sixth And The Final Wife

Sixth And The Final Wife was a perfect episode of The Tudors as King Henry marries his new Queen, Katherine Parr. I enjoyed watching this episode because the new Queen is very intriguing and brave as she uses her influence to promote her beliefs. King Henry goes to France to oversee his armies campaign. It was great to watch the army action scenes and how they did things. As usual there is religious drama continuing in England as Bishop Gardner suspects the Queen is a Protestant, and The Queen hides her true beliefs from the Lady Mary who was truly her mother's daughter in this episode. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!

Ah, the French. I remember the days when they were a legitimate threat in the world (well, I remember when they taught me that in history class, they haven't been a threat since I was alive) and it is fun to see their struggle with England.

I recently had a debate with someone over whether or Jonathan Rhys Myers will get an Emmy nomination for his work as King Henry on The Tudors. He no doubt deserves it, but the question is whether or not he can beat out the same people who are guaranteed a spot every year. I think he can, I certainly hope he can, but we shall wait and see in a few months. Until then we can just his last few episodes in the role.

I kind of wish Henry had 10 wives so this show could run for a few more seasons, but all good things have to come to an end I suppose.