The Tudors

Something for You

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2010 on Showtime

• Something for You

Something for You was a superb episode of The Tudors. I enjoyed watching this entertaining episode because it had a lot of intrigue, character and plot development, and forbidden lust. Katherine continues her affair with Culpepper as Lady Rotchford plays secret witness. I thought it was interesting that Lord Surrey mocked his new brothers and comrades of The Garter. It was neat to see the King, Queen, and Lady Mary travel to the north where the King forgave past transgressions, and the People loved them all. The last scene was interesting and I wonder if the King has yet begun to suspect the Queen. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!
  • Spoilers Ahead!

Great episode this season is getting better. I loved seeing the beginning of Mary Tudor's descent into fanaticism and Henry Tudor's cruelty towards those closest to him, which while hasn't been present for the previous three seasons was quite clear in the historical accounts that he in turn would love his daughters and banish them from court whenever suited.Yet I notice how no one on the scene has pointed out that Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard were actually cousins. Surely due to how they both marry the same man and take roughly the same path it would come up in conversation? And Thomas Culpepper and Queen Katherine were related also and might have spent some time together as children. I'm enjoying the episodes but surely they don't need to stray so far into fiction when the facts are enticing enough?

After two pretty dismal episodes to start off the season, we finally get a good one here. Yes, The Tudors got back on track with a little bit of cheating, and a little bit of deception.

Before I go any further I have to say how much I love how they say "with child" instead of pregnant. I'm definitely saying my girlfriend is "with child" if she's pregnant.

I can't wait to see how King Henry responds to this. I mean, we know how it ends, but it'll be fun to see it on TV.

Good episode, hopefully this is the start of a good final season for the show.