The Tudors

Tears of Blood

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 06, 2008 on Showtime

• Tears of Blood

Tears of Blood was a superb episode of The Tudors as the intrigue surrounding the King and Anne Boleyn continues. I really enjoyed watching this episode as different characters chose which side of the King's Grace they fell upon. I enjoy watching the continued relations between the King and Sir Thomas More, as they seem to have opposing views. Lady Anne Boleyn gets every thing a woman could ask for in these times, as Queen Katherine is given few options and is forced from Court. I am really enjoying the drama and intrigue of the series. Although this is not 100% historically accurate this episode and series gives a great window into the lives of the people who actually lived through these situations. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Better than last weeks episode.

As the Catholic Church struggles in vain to control Henry VIII's demands for an annulment, the King appoints himself head of the Church of England. When Anne Boleyn insists Henry break all contacts with Katherine, the Queen is banished from court. The Reformation has begun. Anne is created Marquess of Pembroke before she and Henry visit France to present Anne as the future Queen of England and Henry's future wife. This episode was better than last weeks and it devoloped the story much more as well. the best scene in this was probably where the man layed thpose cards down with a beheaded Anne.
  • Henry and Anne finally do it, but it isn't up to par.

So the big news about this episode was obviously the consummation of Henry and Anne's relationship, which was much less exciting than it was expected to be. However, the episode makes up for it by bringing new and old characters together in a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Who is the assassin stalking Anne Boleyn? What is going to happen to Thomas More? What is Brandon's motivation in trying to convince Henry that Anne may not be as virginal as she claims? These questions and more will all need to be answered before this season is up, and The Tudors continues to heat up the screen as we move towards the inevitable decapitation.