The Tudors

The Act of Treason

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 25, 2008 on Showtime

• The final hours of Anne Boleyn

This has been one of the best episodes of this short season.
    How unfair it was, for many people back in that time, to be judged without having any chance to defend themselves. And even when you dare tell the truth, they wouldn't believe you, because whatever the King said was law. I disliked Anne Boleyn when she first appeared. All ambicious, trying to destroy a family for her own reasons (and her father's) but in this episode I felt sorry for her. She was a mother, a daughter and a wife, and she loved the King, but unfortunately
    she made so many mistakes that lead her to the end we all know. She was smart and well-educated, but at the same time arrogant and that didn't help her at all.
    I have to mention the incredible performance by Natalie Dormer. The scene in the tower when her brother is being decapitated is truly award-winning. She made me want to cry. I kept saying it was unfair that she didn't get a last word to defend herself, a last word to the King.
    I'm really going to miss Ms. Dormer. She was the one I was looking forward to see, because she was able to bring the right intensity to a scene and was never exaggerated.
    Whoever comes next to play Henry's wife, will have a very hard job, because it's going to be extremely difficult to fill Ms. Dormer's shoes.