The Tudors

Truth and Justice

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 20, 2007 on Showtime

• Truth and Justice

Truth and Justice was a perfect episode of The Tudors because it blended drama, intrigue, character and plot development. I really enjoyed watching this episode as Henry continued with his ambition to get a divorce from Katherine. I thought some of the scenes with Katherine were very touching and emotional. What this woman had to endure and go through was sad and yet her courage and faith is also most admirable. The characters really moved the scenes and the story lines forward. Every thing is growing more complex and entertaining. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!
  • The story of Henry VIII.

Pope Clement's special envoy, Cardinal Campeggio, arrives in London to oversee the court deciding upon the legitimacy of Henry's marriage to Katherine of Aragon. The findings of this trial will have far-reaching consequences: the future of the King's amorous relationship with Anne Boleyn, Cardinal Wolsey's career and influence, and England's relationship with Rome all hang in the balance, for Henry will separate himself and the Kingdom of England from the dominions of the Catholic Church and the Holy Father - Pope Clement - if the Pope does not grant him an annulment for his marriage to Katherine of Aragon, Queen of England.
  • Queen Catherine of Aragon

What I am really amazed by is the overwhelming good performance of the actress playing Queen Katherine of Aragon, Maria Doyle Kennedy. She is not only performing the best looking of all the Katherines that I have ever watched in a TV show, but she is also splendid with her very good spanish spelling. Being Spaniard, like I am, I can appreciate very well how seriously this woman has been working to get into the role of the queen, and how perfect is her spelling, nothing to do with the spanish spoken usually by most Americans, but the very own Spain's mainland european Castillan language, besides a good load of other small details as the props and dresses related to the emperor Charles, which are very realistic too and makes the series a real joy to follow.

I cant wait no more for the next episode!