The Tudors

You Have My Permission

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 16, 2010 on Showtime

7.9
  • You Have My Permission

You Have My Permission was a superb episode which had a lot of sub plots moving the series forward along with character driven scenes making viewers feel like they are apart of the times. I thought it was interesting to see Mary and Elizabeth discover they are back in the succession and how they react to it. I love the subtle hints of Elizabeth's future. The King finds the woman he wishes to be his next wife, a soon to be widow, Lady Latimer. I thought it was a crazy scene when Lord Surrey beat his distant relative to a pulp in a tavern, and even more amusing were his demands spoken by Bishop Gardner to the King. The story of The Tudors under King Henry VIII is coming to an end and this episode is really the begining of the final chapter of his reign. I look forward to watching the next episode of The Tudors!!!!!!!

And so we meet the woman who will be King Henry's sixth, and final wife. I guess this is the first time it has really sunk in that this show is over and that we won't be seeing these characters on our TV ever again (played by these actors) in just a few weeks.

Tonight's episode, while good for the historical magnitude of what happened, was a bit dull at times. Too much focus on the alliances, and not enough deceit or corruption, the very elements that made us all fall in love with the show in 2007. Okay episode, but not as memorable as it should be with just four episodes left in show history.