The Twilight Zone

A Game of Pool

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 31, 1989 on CBS

• The Alternate Ending to a classic episode.

7.8
    Jesse Carter, actor Esai Morales, does a fine job of recapturing the original image of the up and coming pool player, originally acted by Jack Klugman. Fats Brown does a decent job of recapturing a pool legend in this remake.

Everything in the original episode is also in this new remake with a few new trick shots here and there, except for the ending.

The ending is very different from the original in that Jesse Carter does not win this life or death struggle. Fats Brown gives the loser Jesse Carter a stern lesson and goads him to try harder and hopefully he will get to rematch Fats Brown again at a later time. Looking at the original's ending and the remake's ending, I believe that Jesse Carter actually won his life back by losing rather than winning. If you've seen the original 60's episode and its ending, you will understand.

I've heard rumors about this episode where Jesse Carter gets swallowed up alive and sent to hell but the only hell that I can see is the one he makes for himself.