The Twilight Zone

Act Break

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 1985 on CBS

5.5
  • There is space for comedy too in the Twilight Zone.

A struggling playwright and his best friend are trying to come up with a play that will make them rich but in the making, Harry (his best friend) suddenly dies. But before passing away, gives Moury a magical talisman which can grant a wish to its possessor and Harry asks his friend Moury to use it to revive him.

This way begins our story packed full with jokes and puns, earning the chance of being classified as a comedy.

I didn't enjoy this episode very much cause it was neither scary or sci-fi at all.
  • Failed playwright ends up being Shakespeare's ghost writer after a series of wishes.

I recall a lot of "wishes" episodes from both the original Twilight Zone and this newer series.

I guess the overall theme of wishes in the realm of the Twilight Zone is that they never turn out the way you expect them to.

This show was comical, to be sure. Clocking in at ten minutes, it's a break from the intensity of the week before.

I wonder if the reason the writers chose to give the characters one wish instead of three was because of the length of the show. Even the main character laments "I'm supposed to get three wishes."