The Twilight Zone

Grace Note

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 04, 1986 on CBS

• Opera singer visits her future which is great.

Yawn, this has to be the worse Twilight Zone episode ever. I think I actually felt like turning off the TV. The story is so out of emotion, it is so out of spirit, it is so slow and there is nothing to make you wait for the ending.

A singer who gets a chance to view her own future which is great, I mean, who could ever want to see that a person's future is going to be great? We want to see people with troubled futures, this was just too happy, although her own daughter was dying, it doesn't make up for all the happy moments she is going to have in the future.

A total lackluster.
  • I have been looking for this episode for quite a while. Best piece of music.

Thank you Twilight Zone for helping me with this extra appreciation.

I had never heard the Opera 'La Traviata' before this episode. The Aria (Simpre Libera) that Rosemarie hears has become my favorite female Aria. Violeta is a lovely opera character. I love the allusion of Opera in our TV shows.

Music in the TV shows are very important to me.
  • A classic three hankie episode

Another episode designed to tug at the heartstrings. This was the flip side of second season episode, "Time and Teresa Golowitz." Whereas that episode had an older character going back to his youth to change for the better, this has a younger character changed by her future. Still, both episodes are well done. This also had a good, stirring score, in addition to Verdi's opera.

Nice performances all around, including real-life opera star Julia Migenes as Rosemarie and young Sydney Penny as Mary. If there's one weak spot, it was that some of the lesser characters were thinly written stereotypes, including Rosemarie's mother, the cab driver and the adult Dorothy.

It's a pity that the episode wasn't filmed in NYC, substituting a West Coast auditorium for the grandeur of the real Met and using close shots of a generic fountain in place of the instantly recognizable plaza of Lincoln Center. Plus the always unconvincing "New York" back lot street. But this detracts little from the episode.