The Twilight Zone

If She Dies

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 25, 1985 on CBS

6.3
  • Ghostly intervention

Flatttttttttttttt, that's what this episode is but don't get me wrong, it is not a bad episode.

I liked the eerie feeling you get watching this episode, the nun, the convent, the old bed, the bear, it all adds up to the details and of course to the aura of this particular ep. Although we don't know what happened here with the miraculous recovery of the child, I do have my own explanation: Sara's spirit got a new chance at life by possessing the body of the almost dead Cathy. A nice ending for a guy who lost his wife one year ago
  • Kid gets in a car wreck and gets better.

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a psyche-out episode or what.

On one hand, I saw the possibility of this being a terrifying episode that dealt with ghosts and the like. On the other hand, nothing really happened. My heart was racing up until the last moment and then nothing happened. I wonder if that was the aim of the show.

This show started with a "what if" statement about a car accident a father was responsible for. As a result, his daughter was in critical condition. Then, he sees apparitions of a child and buys her crib from an orphanage. The father also asks the attenting nun for Toby, the child's stuffed animal.

At the end of the show, the daughter miraculously recovers. Many questions are posed. Was it he ghost that helped the child back to health? Was it Toby? What happened? We don't know. I would have liked a little more conclusion, but that's the beauty of this show. Sometimes you just have to wonder.
SYFY