The Twilight Zone

Nightcrawlers

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 1985 on CBS

• Nam vet brings back war home

This episode is really good, the atmosphere is dark and gloomy. The acting is above average and we are wondering if this ex-soldier is a member of the possible gang that caused a lot of trouble nearby.

Not being a fan of war subjects and psychedelic dramas on the twilight zone i didn't think this episode to be very good, it is just an average show to which we are already used to.

The episode works and it is enjoyable but you shouldn't expect it to make you feel as you are watching a classic.

I love the zippo the vet owns.
  • A Vietnam vet's nightmares come to life.

This is a very original and adventurous episode of the Twilight Zone. Based on a short story published just a year before airing, the teleplay comes together quite well. Of the three episodes that aired on this particular date, "Nightcrawlers" is clearly the best of the three.

Vietnam flashbacks are a uniquely 1980's phenomenon. This kind of story wouldn't have been possible on the original Twilight Zone, just by the nature of when this series aired. For that reason, it's a relevant episode.

This "it was a dark and rainy night" story is a fresh twist on the old genre. Very well done.