The Twilight Zone

Teacher's Aide

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 08, 1985 on CBS

5.8
  • Supernatural being helps terrified teacher

OK, the story on this episode is rather lurid and without soul, it has no heart, no flavor, yuck it is tasteless. There is something terribly missing, worse of all, i don't know what, but i know it is not there cause i cant never enjoy this episode.

On the good side, i think this episode gives the education system a great idea to solve delinquency , gangs and all the evil things that attack school these days, yeah you guessed it right, real life supernatural gargoyles that in case of violence at school grounds provide teachers with ultra powers to control the current threats.
  • Gargoyle perched atop a school building possesses a struggling teacher. Violence ensues.

Adrianne Barbeau is a fine actress. Unfortunately, this was just a crappy story.

If the pain of Grease 2 wasn't enough, the matching high-school gang uniforms with the pet names made me remeber something I wanted to forget about the 80's: bad fashion.

This episode disappointed me most with its poor make up on Ms. Barbeau. When she becomes the gargoyle, the make-up is really, really bad. For a series that did well with limited special effects, I was surprised that this costume got the green light.

If there's one redeeming quality of this particular episode is that it was suspenseful. However, there are other shows in this series that even do that better.
SYFY