The Twilight Zone

The Uncle Devil Show

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 29, 1985 on CBS

4.8
  • Tv is a bad parent. (go now and hug your children!)

This episode is very different in the TZ universe and most people find it annoying and boring. I myself find it hilarious and full of irony.

We find a a little kid left unattended and being taken care of by the television set and specially by an evil show. The parents are always in the next room being busy while the child is being taught cool and at the same time dangerous tricks.

This episode is a critic at how parents are using the TV to keep their kids entertained and worse of all to parent them.

I love the scene in which the family's pet gets an extra pair of eyes.
  • Tv is a bad parent. (go now and hug your children!)

I love the scene in which the family's pet gets an extra pair of eyes.
  • The devil appears on a children's video

I'm not sure why this episode has garnered such low ratings in this community. Perhaps it's so out of character that it's painful to the hardcore Twilight Zone fan.

While this episode is quite silly, it's also maniacal and dark. I mean, the devil is telling a kid to do all kinds of crazy things and the poor kid's parents don't even know what's going on.

As a latch-key kid who grew up in the 80's I know how busy my parents were when I was growing up. This episode highlights, albeit in a silly way, how clueless parents can be if they get too rapped up in their own lives.

This episode reminded me of the installment from the 80's Twilight Zone movie with the kid who had magical powers to do all kinds of comic-book-like things. It wasn't the same nor as entertaining as that particular installment, but I think it's in the same ball park. Definately an underrated episode in my book.